Favorite/Least Favorite Episodes of the Season

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
The title says it all! Pick your fav and least fav and say why.

Favorite: Snow Day

The finale had it all: great character moments, genuinely exciting action and a really solid story. Mac truly embodied the hero of the show role in this episode. Danny finally showed some of that old spirit that made him so interesting in the first two seasons. Stella, Hawkes and Flack all contributed to the action and played integral parts. Overall, a great episode.

Runners up: Hung Out to Dry for a truly inventive mystery and the complex baddie Shane Casey; Raising Shane for the return of Shane and some great moments for Mac, Danny and Hawkes; ...Comes Around for bringing the whole team together and daring to venture into grey area where Mac is concerned; And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael for a taking a story ripped from the headlines and working it into a tragic, compelling plot.

Least Favorite: Love Run Cold

The cases were lame, Danny chasing the boring plain country girl was lame, Lindsay rejecting Danny after a whole season of showing interest in him was lame--just a bunch of all around lameness.

Runner up: Heart of Glass for weak, out there conclusions to interesting cases.

I completely agree with Top41 on the best and worst episodes. The season finale rocked! It kept me on the edge of my seat (actually, the edge of my couch), and it had Stella kicking ass. What's not to love? :)

And, no offense to anyone, but Love Run Cold sucked. The whole Danny chasing Lindsay thing was just so high school soap opera, that and the cases were l-a-m-e lame.

I loved Snow Day the best, but Honorable Mentions to Not What it Looks Like (loved the Breakfast at Tiffany's send-up!), Hung Out to Dry, Raising Shane, Silent Night (Marlee Matlin was amazing, wasn't she? :eek:), also loved Comes Around, and Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael. Incidentally, I think Edward Furlong's Shane Casey was THE Most Intriguing Villian on the CSI franchise since Paul Milander on the early Vegas eps...
Actually, I think I'll add "Consequences" to that Faves List too, I loved that Flackie got a good storyline, and that it explored the intricate inter-office relationships.

Raising Shane was my hands-down favorite. I had a big problem choosing here because there were a few standout episodes in this season for me. This one wins because Ed Furlong was amazing, but he also brought out a side of Danny that we hadn't seen before: that truly vulnerable interior that we don't get to see very often.

Cold Reveal was a big stinker, but it had loads of competition. And I do mean loads. But this one had so many holes and crappy plot lines that nothing saved it.

Well, initial thoughts are:

Best:
-Snow Day - lots of action for lots of people
-Raising Shane - best bad guy, well told story & investigation

Honorable Mentions to Comes Around and Here's To You Mrs. Azrael.

Worst:
-Sweet Sixteen
-Obsession
-Lying Game

The above for being completely unmemorable. I'm looking at the list and I cannot remember them at all. Love 'em or hate 'em? I can't even remember them...

Best Guest Stars:
-Edward Furlong: Hung Out To Dry & Raising Shane
-Marlee Matlin: Silent Night
-John MacEnroe: Comes Around

Scene-Chewing Guest Stars:
-Nelly Furtado: Some Buried Bones. Not much else to say here.

-Criss Angel: Sleight of Hand
:p I actually thought he did really well. Not a *great* actor, but I believed him in the part. He completely threw himself into it and did it with great abandon. In his case scene chewing was in character,so that's why he's down here... He actually at least ties MacEnroe for me.

great ones:
Snow day
Daze of Wine & Roaches
Hang out to dry
Sleight out of hand

not so good:

Lying Game

as for guest stars - Edward Furlong & Criss Angel they both rocked

OK so I've not seen the full season yet but I can answer this!

Favourite episode by far has been Hung Out To Dry and Raising Shane! Edward Furlong was absolutely fantastic and the twists and turns made for such great TV.

Worst episode was Love Run Cold. The storyline was crazy and the ending with D/L was just stupid. Oh well I know there have been more episodes this year that have been on the bad side but that is the worst offender.

Top marks on a side note to TPTB for casting Edward Furlong this season. He was a childhood crush and he sure as hell didn't disappoint! Also the music used this season again has been spot on - I think my ipod is full of the music from this season.

It was hard to choose a favorite episode but it came down to Hung Out To Dry, Raising Shane and Snow Day. Of the two Shane Casey episodes, I chose Raising Shane because of the final scene with Danny, which was truly great. Snow Day was a close runner up but the D/L scene spoiled it for me. No problem choosing the least favorite - Love Run Cold was pathetic. The cases were ridiculous and the D/L fauxmance was beyond words. Edward Furlong was a great guest star, as was Marlee Matlin. Of the celebrity guests, I though John McEnroe did a great job, Criss Angel was pretty good. Worst celebrity guest - Sasha Cohen. She should stick to skating, which she does extremely well, but she can't act for toffee!

my fav are:
'Snow day' (because it was such a n interesting episode with a lot of action and almost everyone from the team had something to do)
'Sleight out of hand' (it IMO the funniest CSINY episode ever. I love the Flack/Hawkes scene and Danny complaining about the rose it's so fraking funny...)

for the least fav...
The Ride In
Murder Sings the Blues
Heart of Glass

Fave: Snow Day... Need I say more.. the eppy was just awesome...

Least: Obsession... I just thought it was boring and was agonizing to watch.

Snow Day was my fav ep because like Top said 'Danny finally showed some of that old spirit that made him so interesting in the first two seasons' and the whole ep was full of action with Marine Mac in that black top!!!

It was closly followed by:Raising Shane, Hung Out to Dry and Oedipus Hex

I chose Obsession as my least fav however I wouls say that And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael was extremly close because it just got me confused!!

Favourite episode:
Hung Out To Dry. It was extremely well written. The t-shirts gave me the creeps and Edward Furlong was great as bad guy. Consequences and Snow Day are following close behind, this were definately my 3 favourites of the season.

Least favourite:
Obsession. It was extremely boring. I hardly can remember were it was about. Other episode I didn't like so much were Murder Sings the Blues and Love Run Cold.

Favourite:
Wow...do I have to choose just one? :p ok well I'll go with NWILL cause the ending was awesome; Hung Out To Dry cause it was a very intriguing case and was full of action, and Snow Day cause it was one of the best episodes EVER, not just of DL (IMHO) but also because it was very action-packed and was a great ending to the season.

Least Favourite:
Honestly I cannot say I have a least fav episode. I'm like that; maybe some I like less than others but I cannot think of one episode where I thought it was boring. Some were hard to follow and even after the episode was finished, I still didn't get it.

Favourite:
'Snow Day' - It just had everything I'd like to see in an ep! But 'Hung out to dry' and 'Raising Shane' are close behind.

Least favourite:
'Sweet Sixteen' - Couldn't keep my attention at all because neither of the cases really interested me.

Back