Are you ready for summer?

Depth-Of-Love

Lab Technician
Is anyne else here as excited as i am for summer! Summer is my favorite time of the year. I dont know why but it just makes me happy. Maybe its because i get to go see family or because of the sunshine, but i just love it.
So does anyone have any plans? Or any stories?
You gusy nay find this weird but i just love summer.

I'll start. This summer im going to lethbridge to see my friends, im going to Calgary for the stampede, i might be going all the way to houston with my family. But other than that i just wanna go swimming and tanning and have fun!!

What about you?

I love summer and I hate summer. It's wierd I love the warm weather and spending more time outdoors, but unlike anywhere else I still have to be in scool all summer which I hate. It wouldn't be as bad if it were al schools in my area but it's just mine and I always end up more depressed because of it.

I'm with you, Calihan, I love and hate summer.

I really love to get out of work on daylight, I love to look at the world whith my shades (anybody knows who or what i'm looking to ;)), I love to go have a drink in a table outside a pub, I love to go to the beach and tan...

I hate the unbelievable heat i have in my city, i hate the fact that i can't go to the beach as much as i want, i hate the fact that i have to drive for an hour to get to the beach...

Awww, poor Calihan and poison_girl *hug*. I have to drive for about half an hour to get to the beach where i live.
I guess there are somethings that i dont really like about summer.

1-I hate the heat at night, i dont have ac where i live so its really hot when im trying to sleep.
2-I hate wasps and bees they freak me out, I've never been stunbg by one so i think thats why im so afraid.
3-I hate getting sun burnt.

But other than that, i love it! :)

As long as it doesn't go over +28c (which is bit too hot already) and rains in a certain perioids and isn't as dry as last summer was... I guess I am ready :p :lol:

I'm more like a winter person.

Well, just as you, there are bad and good things about summer for me.

By one side, I love the fact days are longer, that there are no school (I'm so sorry you still have classes, Calihan*hugs*), people seem happier, there are more parties, you go outside at night and it's warm (and I love going outside at night, I love the night, I don't know why, though) and I love summer bedsheets and summer pijamas. Yeah, I love going to bed in summer :lol:

But, in another hand, I don't like going to the beach, which people normally do here, then invite me...And, sometimes hot weather is so bad, because you get much more tired. And sometimes it's difficult to sleep.

Well, I guess I am as ready as I could be. Summer comes every year, I am always expecting it, but no, I am not those who wait like crazy for summer to come...

I am so ready for Summer! I graduate MS this year and can't wait to graduate and enjoy a nice, long two months. Then I get to go to HS, which is exciting.

Here's what I don't like about summer. In Los Angeles it gets up to 100F, and the days seem to drag on. Also, I'm taking a college class this summer and while it was nice when I did it last winter (it was cool and at night) now it's during the day and really hot.

But, I get to play softball travel team, which I don't have time for during the school year, and take sports camps and other fun summer activities. I'm also hoping to go to Ojai for camp for a few weeks, nice to get a break from home.

But, all in all, I am looking forward to the end of June. This summer holds promise!

Yeah I'm definitely ready! We had wonderful weather for the last days, well, weeks! It was awesome! I'm so much looking 4ward to spending the summer outside, go for long rides with my horse, have fun with my friends, etc...
On the other hand I'll have to work for most of the summer, I'll only have 3 weeks off the rest will be really hard work... But that can't spoil the summer feelin'! :)

Man i cant wait till summer. Klondike days, playing sharades on the deck, swimming! gonna be so fun.

I also miss playing soccer!

i love summer! i only have one week of classes left and then 2 months free! woo! and i'm goin to vegas and mexico this summer so i'm pretty excited about that. i love warm weather, perfect for camping, cookouts and parties. :D

i actually used to dread summer but thats because the last 2 weeks before we went back to school i spent 8 hrs a day on a blistering hot asphalt parking lot marching to dr. beat. greatest thing about graduating from high school last year?? no more band camp!

Hell yeah! I *love* summer & everything about it. The beautiful sunshine, the half naked men, the late nights, afternoon bbq's, beaches & most of all, the clothes! Today I composed a list of clothing items I need to purchase for my favourite season:

- Black wide brim hat with white or pink sash
- White tennis dress with baby blue waist belt
- Pair of Audrey Hepburn style shades
- Beige sandals that wrap around the ankle
- Customized Breakfast at Tiffany’s shirt
- Light coloured wide brim hat
- Customized My Fair Lady shirt
- Gumdrop pink sundress
- Beige bermudas

Black wide brim hat with sash

Tennis dress with blue belt

Sunglasses 1

Sunglasses 2

Photo for My Fair Lady shirt

I'll probably use my icon & make it bigger for the Breakfast at Tiffany's shirt.

I cannot wait to shed the extra clothes & I cannot wait for the depressing grey sky & rain to dissapear. Bleh to gloomy weather.

I have mixed feelings about summer. I love the sun and I love to get a nice tan and all. But I hate my body so the lesser cloaths I wear the more I'm faced with it.

Second, my body is covered with scars due to the selfharm. It harder in the summer to cover it all up. But what I do like about summer is the fact people are more happy, more flirty and the world does seem to look better!

I Love Summer. It is my fave time of year. I am a real sucker for the sun. It can never be to hot for me :D I can lie in my garden at the height of the sun and it gets to 40c in direct sun with no breeze and i love it.

The only thing what grates on me is our office gets sticky hot and they won't get Air Con in for Health and Safety reasons :rolleyes: but I tend to go in early like 7am and finish early so I can get out and enjoy the sun.

If April is anything to go by Summer is going to be hotter than ever :D :D I hear 36C calling :D :D

I'll be going away on 15th September to Gran Canaria for a week so I'm looking forward to that aswell

I'll just have to get myself on a diet so people won't be trying to push me back in the ocean thinking I'm a washed up beach whale :D

For those freting(sp?) about not having a nice summer body, just follow my weekly workout plan & soon you'll have a body you'll love:

Monday-Legs/Cardio
Squats - 5 sets at 8-1O reps
Leg Press - 4 at 8-1O
Straight Leg Deadlifts- 4 at 8-1O
Calf raises - 3 at 1O-12
3O min. Cardio

Tuesday-Cardio/Abs
1.5 hours doing any cardio
Weighted Crunches - 5 at 1O-12
Select various ab exercises from www.abcbodybuilding.com and add a few more

Wednesday- Day Off

Thursday-Upper body
Bench Press- 3 at 8-1O
Deadlift - 5 at 8-1O
Lat Pulldown- 3 at 8-1O
Shoulder Press- 3 at 8-1O

Friday-Legs/Cardio
Same as Monday

Saturday- Abs/Cardio- *OPTIONAL* If you feel sore/tired take this day off and eat well.
Same as Tuesday

Sunday-Day off

Keep in mind that my workout plan is specifically designated to develop fantastic abs & a great butt. It's good for the legs too. A body builder I know quite well made up the workout with my needs in mind & he said that doing these workouts all the time don't matter unless you're eating right. Yep, the kitchen is where it all starts & ends.

If you ladies do this right you'll be looking hot in bikinis in no time :cool:. Good luck!

Aww thanks for posting that jorja_fan86. LoL i definatly dont have the body i want for summer. Im a bit fat, :lol:

I have NEVER been skinny enough to wear a bikini and ive always been jealous of those who look good in them! By far the worst part of summer is bathingsuit shopping :( its deprressing.

But i love everything else, the skirts the t-shirts...the adorable sun glasses!!!

Back