Drinking thread.

wine and coke? :confused: whatever floats your boat i guess :p the only wine i like is ice wine, because its sweeter. i think only ontario makes it though.
i had the most delicious thing at dinner last night, it was called 'sex and the city' and tasted like a red lolipop :) it was raspberry and cranberry flavoured, and was a little too drinkable :lol:

I didn't think you could get ice wine around here but we bought some yesterday. it was quite good. :)

Drinking is cool. I dont drink that often but its just a teenager thing to do :)

i usually just drink things straight and have a chaser like coke but my fav mixed drinks are melon bacardi with sprite or rum and coke. im not a fan of beer but ill drink it if its all there is

Bacardi and Sprite, is really good, that's what we've been on this weekend.
I like beers like icehouse and stuff.
I'm a big fan of flavored vodka as well.

Oh I've never drunk Bacardi and Sprite, but Bacardi and Coke. Seems like I mix every alcoholic drink with coke :p
I love Tequila too. The other day I forgot to taste melon and salt when drinking it. Pheeew, it's not cool that way :eek:

I thought this was interesting: (from BBC)

Parents who let under-15s drink at home should be prosecuted, according to the charity Alcohol Concern.

It says the number of younger teenagers who binge drink has rocketed and mums and dads need to take it more seriously.

Girls aged between 11 and 13 drank an average of 12 units of alcohol in 2006, the equivalent to four pints of beer. That's up 83% on 2000.

The government's insisting it isn't harmful for children to drink small amounts at home with their parents. It's legal to drink at home from the age of five.

Did your parents give you alcohol before you were 15? Do you think it's had any affect on the amount you drink now? How would a ban be policed? Is this the right way of tackling binge drinking?

My mom and dad never ever gave me any alcohol until i was 18, because they strongly believed that i should wait. And also when i was in junior high we had someone come and speak to us about underage drinking and over drinking and it really scared me, they talked about the medical problems and the ways that alcoholism affects families. It was scary and taught me to drink respnsibly.

Legal age to drink here is 18, so i started then. My parents never let me or my brthers to drink at home, so the only way to drink was going outside. I know it was a few years before and things have changed for worst, because i never though with 13 years in go out at 2 am with a bottle to get drunk, an i gotta say that I'm realy tired seeing that every weekend.

When i go out and don't have to drive (drink, but be also responsable) I'm used to drink beer or bourbon whith cola. Sometimes i make, with a few friens, tequila shot competitions, but those are really strange (due to the hangover asociated to it). If i drive, only cola or energy drink.

I'm over alcohol.

I went through my 'drinkin to get pissed' phase when I was 15/16/17' As soon as I hit the legal age I wasn't as arsed anymore. The excitement of going out and getting into clubs/bars underage and then buying a ton of alcohol and exceeding your limits just because you can goes when you hit 18. Or it did for me :lol:

Don't get me wrong I still went out when I was 18/19/20 but the meaning of the night out changed for me, I had a few drinks to unwind from a busy week at work, to have a laugh with my mates and dance the worries away. Sometimes I still got wasted, other times just tipsy and sometmes the alcohol didn't hit me at all :lol:

Most of my friends still go out every weekend religiously to get pissed but I don't see the attraction in it anymore.

Alcohol loosens me up and I become more emotional and 9 times out of 10 I enjoy myself more because of it.

My only lapse in sensible drinkin is when England are participating in the World Cup or the Euro's. Last summer I drank my local dry, I was hammered for each of Englands matches in the World Cup. I am ashamed at my intake over those 3 weeks England was in the competition. I must have averages 12 pints per game :eek: I needed it for the Q-Finals agaisnt Portugal, it numbed the pain :lol:

I'm such a wimp though, I always dread the hangovers, I'm the worst moaner in the world when I'm hungover, its like my world it going to end, and most of the time it will put me off drinking for ages.

I got this email in work the other week about the '6 levels of Hangovers' and it really made me laugh. Also I'm ashamed to admit that I have reached each level.

I'll copy and paste it over for you to have a look :lol:

The Six Levels Of Hangovers

One Star Hangover
No pain. No real feeling of illness. Your sleep last night was a mere disco nap, which has given you a whole lot of misplaced energy. Be glad that you are able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 10 sodas and still feel this way. You are craving a steak bomb and a side of gravy fries.
Two Star Hangover
No pain, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay but you have the mental capacity of a staple gun. The coffee you are chugging is only exacerbating your rumbling gut, which is craving a rootie tootie fresh and fruity pancake breakfast from IHOP. There is some definite havoc being wreaked upon your bowels.
Three Star Hangover
Slight headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the random gin shots you did with your alcoholic friends after the bouncer 86'd you at 1:45 a.m. Life would be better right now if you were in your bed with a dozen donuts and a meatball hero watching the E! fashion awards. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 3 Snapples and a liter of diet coke, yet you haven't peed once.
Four Star Hangover
Life sucks. Your head is throbbing. You can't speak too quickly or else you might puke. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you missed an oh-so crucial spot shaving, (girls, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars.) Your eyes look like one big vein and your hair style makes you look like a reject from the class picture of Grover Cleveland HS, class of '84.
Five Star Hangover
AKA "Dante's 4th Circle of Hell."
You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the shit fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva, so your tongue is suffocating you. Death seems pretty good right now. You definitely don't remember who you were with, where you were, what you drank and why there is a stranger still sleeping in your bed at your otherwise empty house.
Six Star Hangover
Otherwise known as the "Infinite Nut smacker"
You wake up on your bathroom floor. For about 2 seconds you look at the ceiling, wondering if the cool refreshing feeling on your cheek is the bathroom tile or your vomit from 5 hours ago. It is amazing how your roommate was as drunk as you, but somehow managed to get up before you. You try to lift your head. Not an option. Then you inadvertently turn your head too quickly and smell the funk of 13 packs of cigarettes in your hair. Suddenly you realize you were smoking, but not ultra lights... some jackass handed you Marlboro reds, and you smoked them like it was your second full time job. You look in the mirror only to see remnants of the stamp "Ready to Rock" faintly atop your forehead... the stamp on the back of your hand that has magically appeared on your forehead by alcoholic osmosis. You have to be to work in t-minus 14 minutes and 32 seconds and the only thing you can think of wearing is your "hello kitty" pajamas and your slippers.

Oh there's a lot a like...
Bailey's on the rocks is great, just like cocktails (all time fav is Sex on the Beach^^). And longdrinks like Bacardi-coke, Wodka with all kinds of juice... I drink beer (Herforder Pils - German tm, but well actually I drink nearly every kind of beer but that one's my fav - and Guinness), but I prefer drinking beer when I'm already drunk *lol*
I went through this "I-want-to-taste-everthing-especially-when-offered-by-boy-I've-got-a-crush-on"-phase (omg what a word!!) but that's teenage stuff, I'm definitely over it! And -surprise surprise- I realized that you can have fun without drinks as well! *lol*

@June_85: Oh I can understand that you had to drink the pain away after Engl-Port... I was so sad (especially b/c it was the second time after the Euro 04 they were beaten in penalties by Portugal)! You know that the average of selled beer had risen a lot during the World cup here? No surprise there - the summer was just sooooo awesome! Wish I could have this feeling again!

Don't get me started on my hatred for Portugal or more specifically Ronaldo. The 2004 Euro's match agaisnt Portugal was on my birthday aswell :( I will never fogive him after the WC fiasco.
I spent St Patricks weekend back in March in Manchester and Man Utd were staying in our hotel and they were all on my floor. I called for the lift and Ronaldo was in it. I REFUSED TO GET IN :eek: I walked off....I was rather inhebriated though :lol:

That aside last summer was awesome, it was one of the best I'd ever had, the weather was amazing and the weekend England played Ecudor was the weekend of my 21st birthday, it was just an amazing time.

I never said what my tipple was did i? :lol:

I love my lager/beer. Its great for daytime drinking. I've recently become a wino aswell. I never liked it before but now I'm a fan, especially Rosé :D. On nights out though I'm a sucker for the Vodka....Vokda Lime and Soda :D

I started drinking when I was 16. Got drunk and did some bad stuff a few times too many and than I quit drinking totally. Lately, I drink on occasions.

When I am with a friend who is from the Chez Republic, she sometimes gives me alcohol that came from there. Its heavy stuff but it tastes good.
On other occasions I drink beer (the cheapest when you go out.. lol), or some mix drink :)

I have a friend that is used to drink a lot more than me, so when we go both alone I end up totally drunk. We started together, and the best thing is we both used to say we eat the same and it was that was made us bad, not the drink. ;)

Before I got my driving license i used to drink more, and even all the weekends, so we had our excuses ready before we even get to the place where we drink. ;)

I have to say aswell since I have become a driver I drink considerably less. I darn't have one drink, I feel the affects of just one drink .

Back