Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virology101

virology101 Dead on Arrival

I was wondering the same thing.. Why did they focus in on those certain words and phrases that made the letter look like a "good-bye" letter, when we know that it's not? Some sort of crappy foreshadowing? :confused: Someone help me out here.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

That was pretty much my thought process. Honestly, until someone wrote it out on YTDAW, I couldn't tell you what he was saying in that whole scene. lol.

Mine was more anti-climactic. Partly because I was sitting there, and this episode must've been long because it was like 9:57 and they had JUST finished the Brass scene and I was going, "Oh my God, they actually cut our GSR." so when it came on, I just felt like this little welling happy balloon went off, and I smiled, and flicked off the TV. lol.

Oh, don't remind me of the old days! I think we all freaked out WAY more after Time of Your Death, though. That was a memorable one. lol.

That I can't react to. I watched it after already knowing its outcome.

We talked about that for WEEKS. Mostly because, I think, it all hinged so much on Gum Drops. Had it aired, there never would've been a question that that scene was shippy, but because it wasn't until, like, Time of Your Death that we got a sign that they were already together (securely), I think it throws Bite Me into a bit of limbo.

You know... it's SUCH a hard thing to picture. I mean in the context of CSI. A lot of people who aren't necessarily for or against the ship could have any kind of reaction. The GSRs will love it, the antis will hate it. It's the in-betweens that will be the deciding factor, I think. As much as I don't want to say it, something like this might cross the boundaries of what the GSR relationship has always been about. It has to be very delicately done.

I agree. I think there are some things that just shouldn't be spoiled. I agreed with Mystery and Gibby about not ever fully spoiling our final GSR scene, and typically I don't think the resolutions to cases or story arcs should ever be spoiled either. Having said that, we knew Keppy would only be in 4 episodes, and it is sweeps. Better Keppler than Sara. lol.

That's why Sara's death in the finale might not work. If they've already done CD earlier in the year, it might feel less impactful. The fact that it sounds like the second half is going to be so Sara-based is worrying, especially with regards to her past and her stability, but I don't necessarily think that CD will be the outcome.

3. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

Sara simply can't die. I mean, could you imagine what wreck of a man Grissom would be if she does? I really want the MCSK story to be related to her somehow, for example, that she is the victim, but is saved in the last moment. But please, please, please, don't kill her! If they do, I'll have nothing to watch this show for.

BTW, yesterday I was just wondering: when do you think they started going out and who was the one to make the first move? I think hat most of the shippers believe it's right after GD and it was Grissom, because, like Warrick, he realized life was too short... But maybe it was earlier that season, for example after ND... I don't know. I just wish I could imagine it better...

4. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

About the question, when do you think they started going out, that is still a sore spot with me. They really should have showed us the first kiss!!!!!!!! We watched and waited for so long. I feel ripped off of that moment.
    Anyway I know it is still early, but I was watching little mermaid with my kids last night, and my suggestion for the next thread title is " Kiss the Girl" because we want to see it so BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

about the gift
    if is or not a butterfly
    i don't understand about chrysalids...if can or can not be...yeap a agree with some ppl when they say look like a Cocoon's moth but i don't know.

but haaaa Moth are so beutiful too ...Sure, i wait a butterfly cos this mean so much for GSR fans.
    but if is a moth i will very happy too.

look some beatiful moths :

http://www.docsguitarstudios.com/cecropiahatched.jpg

http://www.docsguitarstudios.com/polythemoushatched.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Atlas_moth.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Grammia_parthenice.jpg

6. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Well...I voted for other. Because my knee-jerk reaction when I first saw the letter writing scene was that Grissom decided right then that he was being silly addressing the letter when he could just go see Sara in person and not have to miss her anymore. Originally, he was supposed to be gone for four weeks, but he's going home one week early. I think Sara is why.

...shows Grissom telling Warrick he missed "Vegas." A. I think Vegas = Sara, and B. maybe Warrick asks him why he's back early?

My guess is that Sara will be upset because she hasn't got the letter, and that Grissom will be all excited to see her and will have to show her the letter or talk to her or *something* to fix things.

If they have time for anything this week though. All that Keppler drama may take up all the time. I do hope we get SOME GSR, though.

Thanks for those letter quotes, ilvelvegrissom. They are lovely and so true.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

There's no way that the "I Missed Vegas" isn't a direct correlation to his last line in Leaving Las Vegas. Why is it that Warrick is always caught in the middle of GSR scenes? lol. I think we'll get SOME GSR - at the very least they have to show their "reunion", even if it's them in a crowded break room trying to catch or refute eye contact.

8. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

do we know for sure anything important GSR wise is going to happen in Monster in the Box? I have to miss it and I need to know how sad to be

9. Pink_Faerie_Girl

Pink_Faerie_Girl Dead on Arrival

I've just been rewatching the early episodes of Season 1. Well I'm currently on Friends and Lovers. Warrick is interviewing a guy called Bobby who went to a rave with the dead guy. Warrick wants to see the stamp on the guys wrist, and when he uses a UV light on it, this appears...

a butterfly on the guys wrist..

and we all like butterflies. Looks like the symbolism has been going from day one. Friends and Lovers ;)

Edited because I tried to put a picture in of it but I couldn't get it to work. You can find a screencap of it at

http://black-glass.org/s01/05/Friends_and_Lovers_367.jpg though.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

William Petersen was in our morning paper!!! here's the article, it was about the commericals during the Super Bowl

PETERSEN SCORES ONE FOR LAS VEGAS

Did the NFL drop the ball, allowing Las Vegas to score a victory of sorts in the Supwer Bowl? It happened late in the third quarter Sunday. During the CSI commercial, actor William Petersen, who has been gone for 3 week's taking a break from CSI, as the chief Gil Grissom looked into the camera and said "I miss Las Vegas"...Norm Clarke..Las Vegas Review Journal... there's more, but not revelant to this (about football} I was jazzed to see him in my morning paper :p

HE FASCINATES ME

SHE FASCINATES ME

11. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

12. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

haha wie lustig :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

14. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I just saw that! Beware spoiler free folks. There are some tidbits you might want to wait to see on the show.

It *is* going to hatch! And it's supposed to have something surprises. Maybe there are little hearts & I love yous on its wings. :lol: And they do say that Sara is unhappy when he gets back, in part because she was at a landfill! Poor Jorja. She already had to do that once. I hope she didn't have to go to a real one this time.

Good lord, those pics are almost enough for me to swing over to the team bearded side. HAWT.

15. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Do my eyes decieve me or did I just read in that article that we will see them in Grissom's apartment?! HELL YES! This is also coming from CM, so its probably going to survive cuts. I just got way more excited about this upcoming episode. weeeeeeeee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.