Unfortunate Names

haha L Skywalker. i would prank call him too just because i'm a jerk like that. :lol:

We've got a little town called 'Fu*king' and it's not an English speaking country, so it's pronounced someway else. Funny, hm?

One of my old friends name was Thomas Harry Butts
and I personally think that is sooo hilarious.

My history professor's name was Harry Beard...cracked me up

:cool: Lizbeth

There's a hall of fame at our school and one guy's name is Bert Butts. I crack up everytime i see that.

Oh my gosh. these are ridiculous. I was looking through the old yearbooks at school a few weeks back and in 1976 a girl called Mary Krismass graduated, I think I laughed for about an hour before I began to feel bad. We also have a teacher called mr.Musselman and a girl at our school called Ida Hoe. What kind of parents do that to a kid??? Ida Hoe? That's just evil. I was almost called Wlihemmina though, so I guess I got off easy.

Dick Chop was my favourite of those LOL...and he does vasectomies :lol:

I've heard of a few people named Mary Christmas

It's okay to feel bad after you've laughed. I really haven't felt the guilt yet after secretly laughing at some people's names...

My mother works at a dry cleaners, and she needs to take down the names of the patrons. One's name was Phil McCracken...She apologized for laughing and asking "You're serious, aren't you?"

Just a few days ago I was writing down names for Safewatch applicants, and one of the student's names was Ivan Pavlov. I looked at him and said "Really?" He laughed and said that he got that kind of thing all the time.

In the 12th grade, we had a teacher whose first name was Shanno (oh dear God I hope she isn't someone who frequents this site...because then she'll know who I am and that I secretly laughed at her name for quite some time with my friends!) we always thought that it was a typo on the sheets of paper we were given, like the course outlines and everything. Anyway, we soon realized that it wasn't, and being the vindictive and cruel kinds of people we may be, we laughed about it.

After a while, this--laughter and amusement subsided (mind you it took quite a while). It was a computer class, and the teacher had this way to make all of the computers see the same thing on their screen as she was teaching us this lesson, and this particular lesson happened to be in Microsoft Word. She wrote in her name three times, and each time it underlined in red, which--did make my friends laugh, I had this ability to hide my laughter without blowing out my eardrums.

Somewhere in the class, I think everyone heard it, someone asked "Her name is Shanno???"

I couldn't help it--such pressure diverted from my ears and went out my nose in laughter, I had to leave the room. I do feel bad and petty for making fun of someone's perfectly healthy name, at the time I think I even felt a little bad, but--it was kind of funny, still.

I don't think I'll ever forget the way that girl sounded.

Bad... :devil:

Back