Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hankster, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Izzy is amazing. It was very considerate of her to clean the bathroom floor for George. Poor guy.

But seriously, I love Izzy. I liked how she told Bailey she was both, and that that wasn't going to change.

Speaking of Bailey, my favorite line in the episode was, 'My son is named after his son. I just need a minute.' Awww!!!

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Another emotional episode. I haven't watched a TV show that made me tear up for half the episodes like this since the early years of Party of Five! :lol:

Bummer baout George's dad, but I loved how Christina went out to him afterward. Very cool.

Izzie continues to rock, as does Bailey. And I'm grad Meredith finally grew up a little bit and at least tried to speak with her father about the past. Too bad he sucked so badly at it! :lol:

Addison and Alex... I'm still intrigued! I can't help but think she's too mature for him, but then again...? Anyway, this could get interesting. :)

3. RBC

RBC Coroner

I'm completely with you. They just don't fit together.

4. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I feel the same way too. Addie/Alex don't work for me. :confused:

I still can't believe Addison had an abortion just because it was Mark's? :eek:

This ep brought back very sad memories. Waiting for weeks in the hospital and watching a love one die. This ep made me cry. :( :(

---------------------
    [​IMG]

5. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

My dad died suddenly in early 2005 of heart failure. We didn't get the luxury of having a long time to say Goodbye. Even so, I really felt for George, and he summed it up best when he said "I don't know how to exist in a world where he doesn't." And like Cristina said "Yeah, well... that never really changes." was quite the truth.

I have mixed feelings about the Isaiah Washington thing. While I feel that he was wrong in using a slur against TR Knight, and then seeming to make light of it in that post Golden Globes remark, the flip side of it is that he has at least on the surface, made an effort to apologize and fix things. Isaiah Washington is a great actor, and the character of Preston Burke has many layers and is one of the better roles ever created in my opinion. While I was rather angry during my last post about his flippant remarks, I'm a bit calmer now and have had chance to mull things over a bit more.

I think nowadays, we are a bit too quick to want to run someone out on a rail, tarred and feathered for making rude remarks, racial slurs, and so forth. Look at what happened with Mel Gibson, Michael Richards and so forth. Deep down we all have our prejudices and most of the time, for the sake of getting along we keep them to ourselves, which I think is the proper thing to do. I think too often we want to ream those who have said these things in anger and frustration because we don't want to look at ourselves and see our own prejudices exposed.

This situation is very dicey because we have an African American man who is being taken to task over slurs he made towards a Caucasian man over sexual orientation. Part of me wonders if he'd called TR a "cr****r", "Wh**e-boy" or a "h****y" (anti-Caucasian slurs) rather than the anti-homosexual slur he used, would there even be any uproar over it at all?

It usually seems that if a non-Caucasina celebrity makes anti-Caucasian slurs, people like myself that are offended are told to just "Get over it!", while if a Caucasian celebrity uses slurs against a non-Caucasian, or if a Gentile makes an anti-Semetic remark, they are CRUCIFIED in the media. This, to me, makes it seem that there are extra protections made for minorities and homosexuals that most people don't have access to, especially in the realm of offenses they are allowed to commit. This goes against the notion of equal justice for all.

I am personally of the opinion that it doesn't matter what the ethnic group, sexual orientation or whatever else of those that make the offending remarks or of those that are the target of the offending remakrs. If someones makes offending remarks and uses slurs in a public forum, they need to be taken to task for it. However, if the offender makes a sincere apology and makes an effort to mend their ways and learn from it, and NOT DO IT AGAIN, then there is also room for forgiveness and moving on as well.

6. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Hankster, the reason there is no uproar about racism against Caucasians is for the same reason Caucasians don't have "White Pride Parades" -- they're the majority. The double standard goes both ways.

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

This seems like it might go a little of topic, so let turn the attention back around to Grey's Anatomy. ;)

8. Shady Lane

Shady Lane CSI Level Two

If you guys want the lastest on Greys News this is a great forum:
    Here

And this thread here has all the latest on the Isaiah and TR breakdown.

Also Grey Matter is a wonderful writers blog where you can hear the writers thoughts and PODCASTS are awesome too, they are so much fun to listen to! Bringing back the old radios!

Are any of those links new to you? :D

9. RBC

RBC Coroner

It isn't looking god for us fans. It wouldn't be immensely bad if Isaiah got fired, but the way they want to do it will be bad for the fans. On TVguide.com there was an article that said they were planning to fire him. It also said they were planning to announce Burke is gone when the first Burke-less episode aired. This sucks for fans if there isn't a proper ending to his character.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I hope they won't fire Isaiah Washington.
    I totally disagree with what he did but I do like Preston Burke and it's not my fault what the guy who plays him did out of screen.

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Sorry bud, you can't have it both ways. Either you don't do it to anybody without getting a penalty, regardless of who the target or victim is; or everybody does it to everybody with no pentalty at all.

As far as Grey's goes, since I.W. is making an effort to make amends, I hope that he isn't fired. The big problem with Zero Tolerance Rules is that they don't offer anyone a chance to make amends or see the error of their ways. I realize ABC/Disney has its corporate policies and they should be enforced, but most corporate policies do allow for CORRECTION of of wrong behavior.

I don't like what IW said to TR, and if he were unrepentant and kept up the bad attitude, I'd say fire him, but that's not what's happened. I'd say give the man a chance to come correct.

Tonight's episode gets VERY INTERESTING it seems... I'm just waiting for the episode with the Ferry fire--that one looks to be a Sweeps Month story of EPIC proportions.

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

13. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I dont like IW but i will always love Burke thats why i dont want him gone. I just dont think what fireing him is going to do?

14. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

OMFG....tonights episode was AMAZING!!!! :D

15. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I totally agree!!!...holy crap intenseness....does anyone know if there is going to be a new episode next week?? or are they going on a break after that super awesome episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.