Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I seriously doubt TPTB even know what's going to go down in the finale (I'm sure they toss around lots of ideas). Even if they did know what the finale will be, things change. You said it yourself. Something was supposed to happen in CoTP and it got scrapped.

Scenes change from the time the spoilers come out until the episodes actually air too. Nothing is concrete until it's been filmed.

I'll believe all of this when I actually see the episodes.

^ ^ ^
I think they would have a general idea of what goes down in the finale. They don't just make stuff up as they go along.

They have a basic idea of how the season pans out, before the season even starts, especially in regards to the characters. They may change dialouge or edit scenes in the epsiodes but the original premise remains pretty much the same.

Yeah and we all know now why that scene from COTP got cut dont we. They were obviously going to write Annas pregnancy into the show but decided against it after the epsiode was already filmed. Thank goodness.

Well, considering Lindsay isn't even on the show right now, what kind of indication would he get??
Well, I suppose it could have to do with the Danny/Angell-ish spoilers. And, quite frankly, if the stuff with Angell is just making him think that Danny and Lindsay will be getting busy in the few episodes after Anna comes back, that just makes me feel bad for Emmanuelle, to be used for something so inane. I like the idea of Danny/Angell, but it's more than possible for them to ruin a pairing that I like as much as they ruin a pairing I don't. :rolleyes:

Whether he was joking or not, I'd think TPTB would throw a fit over saying something like that.
I agree. And whatever happened to 'teasing romance' like Hill Harper mentioned in his interview back in August (I think it was August)? Something about teasing the romance being more interesting than the romance itself. Maybe the writers missed that memo? Or maybe Hill just misunderstood what the writers were going for--namely the 'drop it for most of the season and then have the characters sleep together' angle. Because that's not cheap or anything. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is, Carmine is known to say more than he should sometimes?
It seems to me that he often speaks before he thinks, rather than the other way around. I love the man, but he's made me cringe with some of his comments before.

Scenes change from the time the spoilers come out until the episodes actually air too. Nothing is concrete until it's been filmed.
Exactly, and not even then. There's editing to think about, plus they can always change their minds and go back and film more scenes (didn't they do that with "Love Run Cold?").

Besides, Anna will be back for the end of the season, but they can't control when she gives birth or anything else that might happen (and I'm being totally sincere when I say that I pray she doesn't have complications, but you can't know for sure--I may not like Lindsay, but I would never wish ill on Anna, or her baby, because of it). We still haven't heard if she's had her baby yet, and it's almost February. Even if she takes minimal maternity leave, we can't know for sure how many episodes she'll be able to film this season--and neither do the writers. I believe our calculations said she'd probably be able to do 4 episodes or so when she gets back. Four episodes? Is that enough time to make something like this reasonable? Unless they're going for the sex+regret angle, which isn't going to make anybody happy. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Yeah and we all know now why that scene from COTP got cut dont we. They were obviously going to write Annas pregnancy into the show but decided against it after the epsiode was already filmed. Thank goodness.
I doubt that Anna had the vaguest idea she was pregnant when they filmed/edited "Charge of This Post," if she even was pregnant at that time. To be due this month, she got pregnant in April (I'm assuming), so she would have gotten pregnant right around the time they filmed the episode, and she certainly didn't know immediately. Besides, it's her first pregnancy, and I doubt that she would have told them she was pregnant as soon as she found out--miscarriages are all-too-common. From what I can tell, most people wait a little bit longer, and I doubt she'd made the decision to tell everyone before they edited "CoTP" for the final time. I'm sure the decision about whether to include her pregnancy on the show was made before season 3 started, but not before season 2 had even ended. The decision to take the D/L 'scene' out of the finale probably had everything to do with time constraints and making sure to concentrate on Mac, who is the main character after all. Besides, who knows what the 'scene' even was?

Edit the 2nd:

They have a basic idea of how the season pans out, before the season even starts, especially in regards to the characters. They may change dialouge or edit scenes in the epsiodes but the original premise remains pretty much the same.
If they do have a very specific idea of how the season will end, which I wouldn't doubt, that just takes us right back to the fact that TPTB would probably skin Carmine alive for saying something about the finale. Yes, there are spoilers released, but I don't think they want the actors taking it upon themselves to give information out as they choose.

Edit the 3rd, because I can't leave well-enough alone :p:

I think they would have a general idea of what goes down in the finale. They don't just make stuff up as they go along.
Heh. You could fool me sometimes. It seems like they pull things right out of their ass.

FAYLINN ITA with your comments in regards to Emanuelle. I think I mentioned this a few weeks back when the spoilers first came out about that D/A scene. Emanuelle is a great actress and this was my fear that her character would be used in some way as a prop for the D/L ship.

1CSIMfan said:
ETA: eewwww Jules, it looks like I said they had good chemistry.
Actually it was Kristin from E!Online who said that.
I rephrase it then ... meh ... what chemical substance is she on?

I see a bit of wishful thinking from some quarters going on here I think. People starting to get excited because they're thinking their ship is going to go canon.

Come on now, get a grip peoples :lol: :D, He would NOT give out anything like that out. It was so obviously a JOKE. Gawd. :rolleyes: And if I'm wrong, then you can all come after me with burning torches and burn the witch dead. At this point I don't give a flying [whistle].

Please just excuse me while I go bang my head against a brick wall.

As big of a DL shipper I am, I think he's joking. Maybe there will be something between them, but I don't think it will be that. As a shipper though, it's fun to read it.

Radical618 said:
As big of a DL shipper I am, I think he's joking. Maybe there will be something between them, but I don't think it will be that. As a shipper though, it's fun to read it.

Thank God in heaven, I do love a shipper with her head firmly stuck in reality :lol: :lol:

"we're going to be in the sack" ..?

He definitely joking. I just don't see him saying that with a straight face. I also can't see how they would possibly write that in, there hasn't really been any indication of a relationship between the two and all of a sudden they're in bed together :rolleyes:

Impossible. There's no way she knew she was pregnant when CoTP was filmed. They wrap up filming at the end of April.

I've had two kids...My youngest was due April 10th, which means I got pregnant in July. I didn't know until sometime in August after I was "late". You don't have a clue until you're "late" so she couldn't have known in April.

I agree with Fay, they didn't have time for that scene (it was all about Mac) and obviously a DL scene was not as important as a Mac and Flack scene. If anything they may have been planning to show him take her home and possibly go inside her apartment with her but we don't have a clue what they actually had planned. Maybe they made it up.

Heh. You could fool me sometimes. It seems like they pull things right out of their ass.
I imagine they do sometimes.

Can I join you? :p

I'm not a DL shipper but I do think he's joking too. It would not be the best route for them to take, considering the lack of DL interaction this season. I would still like to see Lindsay stand on her own two feet before they stick her in a relationship. They need to give me a reason to like her for her instead of latching her onto Danny.

While I'm not fond of it, it does make for intersting reading/posting.

1CSIMfan said:
I just found something interesting (and nauseating) from E!Online.

From Donaldlll: Please help feed my CSI addiction! I need to know what's going on.
How about CSI: NY news direct from Carmine Giovinazzo? I think he and Anna Belknap have crazy-good chemistry, and at the Access Hollywood Stuff You Must gift lounge, I asked him if there was any hope for his and Lindsay's budding relationship while Anna B. is away on maternity leave. He told me, "We've kind of been playing her being in Montana now, and it works out to being a really good storyline." Will she be back before the season finale? "I think so, definitely. I think we're going to be in the sack before the end of the season. We'll be making love." Ooh-la-la!

Ok, please tell me this is just Carmine joking around. Would he really give out a plot detail like that?

ETA: It could be any one of those....there's quite a few cast members.

Carmine tells people what they like to hear. I have no doubt Kristen said something about the "chemistry" between Anna and him (which, if she's seen the show more than once this season, I'd be shocked--there's no way someone who writes about TV can watch everything, and she's not known for loving the CSI shows at all), and he came up with some BS for her. There's little chance he knows what happens in the finale.

Besides, the way Danny gets passed around, for all we (and he!) know(s), Danny will end up in the sack with Flack. :lol:

All I read from Carmine's answer is, "I want sex. I wanna get laid. Laidlaidlaidlaid. Please? Pwetty pwease? I'm better than Starbucks boy, I swear!"

:p

Besides, the way Danny gets passed around, for all we (and he!) know(s), Danny will end up in the sack with Flack.

But of course they will! Carmine is a genius. Tells everybody one thing and then, BOOM! The show gives us something totally out of this world. :eek: And when people demand to know how Danny ended up in bed with Flack, he'll say, "Hey, I said Lindsay would be back for the season finale. Never mentioned who Danny would specifically end up with, did I?" :p

crankyjules said:

Uhm... can I please join you? Not that there's no brick walls around here, I just think two is better than one. You know, to share the uh, burden and keep telling ourselves that he was joking... :(

I'm sure TPTB already has some ideas about the finale, and they may have discussed them with Carmine seeing as his character's involved. But, I'm trying to keep an open mind here, hoping that once they see D/A on screen, the actors' much better chemistry and the fans' positive opinion on this new "pairing" will prompt them to reconsider whatever plan they have of putting D/L together in a bed.

It's not Anna, I just think this is wrong. *ducks from flying objects*

Top41 said:
Carmine tells people what they like to hear.
Ain't that the truth? Thank you Tops. Exactly what I spent half an hour trying to say this morning, and then gave up on the reply. And you said it in one succinct sentence.

Orison said:
Uhm... can I please join you? Not that there's no brick walls around here, I just think two is better than one. You know, to share the uh, burden and keep telling ourselves that he was joking...
Certainly. That makes three of us ... you, 1csimfan, and myself. Three to share the pain. Three to share the muttering of profanities in deepening madness. And if we time it right, we could get a nice rhythmic thang happening. Instead of The Three Musketeers, we could be The Three Frusties. :rolleyes:

Heh. I had a think about this new ... development. It just occured to me that he might have very well said with a sarcastic tone or face, and we'd never know because them entertainment tabloid thingys sure as hell wouldn't bother adding that little tidbit. :rolleyes: Just adding sarcasm to it puts a whole new spin on his words.

Wow!! I've been gone for just a few days, but sooo much to catch up on!

First off, I agree, it definitely sounds like Carmine was kidding. As others have pointed out, he'd have no way of knowing what's going on by the end of the season, he's having fun getting fans riled up, and probably having some sport with the E!online gal, too.

Second, Spoilers! So much coming up, I can't wait! It'll be nice to see Reed again, and I do wonder how Mac will handle it all. I'm curious to see Nelly Furtado's performance, too. So much to look forward to, it's good to be a CSI NY fan! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back