The Find Her Series #1 ; Butterflied Again (G/S)

Thanks guys. Wow. Okay, I've got this chapter and half of the next chapter written already, so the next update after this will probably be sooner than most of the others. :)

Chapter Four.

"Hi Mia," Sara said as she walked into the DNA lab. The DNA tech lifted her head up from a microscope.

"Hey. Is Grissom with you, Catherine was looking for him," Mia said.

"He was, he's in the layout room," Sara answered. Mia nodded. She paused, then decided to speak.

"I head you were in that car chase everyone's talking about," Mia said conversationally.

Sara squinted one eye, at first glance it would seem like a twitch, but really it was just a simple look that was questioning what Mia said. "People are talking about it?" Sara asked, with the slightest bit of excitement in her voice.

"Well yeah, I mean, Grissom saved your life," Mia said and smiled like a schoolgirl gossiping to her friend.

Sara froze, her mouth wide open.

A moment passed, then Sara finally spoke, even though it was only one word, "What?"

"Grissom. He saved you and the little girl from the burning car that exploded, right?" Mia asked, still smiling.

Sara blinked and glanced at the ground while mouthing the words as if to say 'Oh yeah'. She stared back at Mia for a brief moment before speaking again, "Yeah, I umm... guess he did," Sara said and nodded. She paused, "I... I should go." Then she was gone before Mia could say bye.

---

Minutes later, Sara walked into the layout room where Grissom was looking over every inch of Dani's clothes with a magnifying glass. Sara stood beside him, and waited for him to acknowledge her presence. He picked up a small hair from Dani's sweater with tweezers, and put it into a small paper evidence bag. He looked at Sara, and waited for her to speak.

She smiled, then pursed her lips. "People are talking about how you saved me and the little girl," she said.

Oh Sara, don't try to hide that you're flirting.

Grissom thought for a moment, "I suppose I did."

This made Sara smile.

"So where are we so far?" She asked, looking down at the clothes and going back into work-mode.

Gil also looked back down at the clothes. "Well, I'm just looking for any trace that might be on her clothes. Dr.Robbins called and told me the driver of the car still sad skin cells that weren't singed off in the fire, he sent it to DNA. COD was no mystery, gun-shot to the back of the head, the bullet matches a police issue, not surprising."

When he stopped talking, Sara figured that was her cue.

"So what should I do?" She asked, which was very unlike her.

Gil thought a moment, "The car is in the garage, see what you can find there."

Sara nodded, then left the room.

Another good update, I really like this story.... I hope you continue. You say you have another 1/2 chapter written, does that mean maybe you could be updated by Monday? *hopes wistfully* I'm going home to my dads for xams, and there's no internet.... a month without internet, how will I cope? *weeps uncontrolably* Anyways keep up the good work and have a good xmas.

tigger_willows xoxo

wow *hugs tigger* can't you go to the library? I know the feeling, I hated my internet-less periods.

Nice work, please update soon!

Wow, great story! please update soon. I know how you feel tigger , my internet was shut down for 2 months because of a virus. I thought I was going to die!

I know, I know *weeps*. Thanks for the nice words of support and hugs *hugs MacsGirl back* (I take it your real name is Mel?!) Anyhow, very weepy night tonight; just watched Brass being shot ;-(... :( I hate channel 5 :mad: I wish i could ago to the library but my dad lives out in the sticks, and my car is poorley.. so i suppose I'm just gonna have to grin and bear it...or come home early after xams :lol:

anyhoo, have a good xmas everyone :D

laters, tigger_willows xoxo

Well, I had a writing SPLURGE, so I have the next two chapters ready. I'll update one right now, and the other one tomarrow. : )

Chapter Five.

A few hours later, Grissom walked into the garage, which was almost directly across from the layout room. Sara was processing the car, or at least what was left of it, most of the red Honda was wrecked from the fire, and the explosion.

Sara was wearing a blue jumpsuit that said 'forensics' on the back, with her hair tied back so it wasn't in the way. She sighed and then got out of the car.

"Anything?" Gil asked, but he knew the answer from the look on her face, so when she shook her head, it didn't surprise him.

"I wasn't expecting to find much anyway," Sara said and glanced at the car. Her mind traveled to the car chase.

"Sara, we were told to stay back," Gil said calmly.

"Griss, what if he gets away with that girl again!" Sara said firmly. "He's already gotten away from us once."

"Sara, we don't want to be in the middle of the car chase when we aren't the ones shooting, we're just here to get to the evidence as soon as possible," Grissom explained.

Sara crossed her arms unsatisfied. They were behind four police cars that were chasing the red Honda that held the kidnapper and the kidnapped.

When Sara snapped out of her daydream, Grissom was in front of her, holding her shoulders and looking very worried. She looked around her, seeing the remnants of the car and the tools reminded her she was in the garage. She shook her head.

"Sara?" Grissom asked, repeating himself for the fourth time now. Sara looked up into his eyes.

"Y-yeah?"

Grissom just looked back at her. He let go of her shoulders as Mia walked into the room.

"Hi... Mia," Sara said, pausing between the two words.

"Hi, Greg told me you were in here, the DNA in Dani matches the kidnapper," Mia explained.

"We know he kidnapped her?" Grissom asked.

Sara turned to him, "Yeah, Catherine checked the witness statements from when the girl disappeared and we got a hold of a tape, someone taped the explosion, and the driver on the tapes looks the same as the description we have."

"We can't rely completely on that," Grissom said to her.

"I'm working on it," Mia said, "I should have those results soon."

"Thanks," Sara said and smiled. Then the DNA tech left to go back to her work station.

Sara turned and locked his eyes in hers again.

Grissom could only look back at her, he wanted to know what went on before Mia came in, but he knew he wasn't going to find out, not then anyway.

"How did Greg know we were in here?" Sara asked, her expression didn't change. Grissom didn't answer. "He saw us," Sara said.

Grissom caught on, "What did he see?"

Sara sighed, "I'll go find out."

Yeah me too! *squeels* yay! brill update :D And the possibility of an update tomorow... I think you just made my xmas saraXsullivan
*skips away jauntily, singing xmas songs*

laters, tigger_willows xoxo

Well, I had the chapter done this whole time, I just never got around to putting it up. Well, here it is.

Chapter Six.

Sara walked into the long, skinny hallway that served as a locker room. Finally, she had found Greg, who was putting his field kit into his locker and taking off his CSI vest. Sara walked up and leaned against the locker that was beside Greg's. Greg glanced at her, looked around, then looked back at her. A small smile was on her face, but he knew it was just to give him a soft landing to whatever she might say.

"Hi Greg," Sara started.

"Hi... what's up?" He asked, Sara crossed her arms and looked around at anything but Greg.

"You told Mia that I was in the garage?" Sara asked, she would gradually get to what she wanted to ask.

"Yeah, with Grissom," Greg answered simply.

Sara looked around again, "How'd you know I- we, were in there?" She asked, moving closer to her point.

Greg caught on, and closed his locker. He looked at Sara for a moment.

"I... saw you," Greg answered. Sara tilted her head, basically telling him to 'go on'.

Greg sighed then spoke, softly, as if he was trying to be quieter even though no one else was in the room. "Are you and Grissom...?"

"What, Greg?" Sara prompted.

"Together?"

This made Sara freeze.

"How do you know?" She asked.

Greg shrugged, "Just... the way you've been acting around eachother..."

"Does that mean everyone knows?" Sara asked.

"Let me finish, I also saw him... holding you in the garage, and I've seen you walk into his office after shift a lot," he explained. This made Sara calm down.

"Have you told anyone?" Sara asked. Greg shook his head. Sara nodded lightly, which told Greg not to tell anyone either.

Suddenly, Grissom came into the room. By the way Greg and Sara were looking at him, he knew what they were talking about. He felt the mood in the atmosphere and closed the door quietly behind him.

"I know," Greg said.

Grissom didn't look surprised. He could only nod.

"Look, Greg, I'd rather keep this between us," Gil said, he would have said more, but Greg stopped him.

"It's okay, I'm not going to tell anyone," Greg said. His tone was serious, a tone that was slightly unusual for the ex spiky-haired lab rat anywhere but a crime scene.

"Sara, I need to talk to you, case-related," Grissom said, finally breaking the glass-breaking silence. Sara smiled lightly at Greg, and then followed Grissom to his office.

Gil sat down in the chair behind his desk, and opened his laptop. "Look," he said to her.

Sara got up from the chair opposite him that she was sitting in and walked behind him, looking at the computer screen. She gently rested her chin down on his shoulder.

"This is the adoption agency that the Feller family adopted Dani from," Grissom explained, indicating the website he was on. "Her records are online."

"You have got to be joking," Sara said.

"Dani has been with four foster families," Gil paused, "Sara... look at her last name before she became a foster child."

Sara couldn't believe her eyes, "Sidle?"

Gil nodded, "And her mother's name was Laura."

I love this story........very well written, too bad theres a PG-13 limit.....hahaha :lol:
Hope you update soon, Grissoms_Angel

Back