CSI:NY FanFic Challenge! *New Deadline: August 28 th*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by iluvroadrunner, Jul 12, 2006.

1. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Re: CSI:NY FanFic Challenge!

YAY!! You got them up! Oh, good job!

2. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

and now for the SMacked entries...

+~+~+~+~+~+

Thalena's by AmandaSzmanda

“Ranch?” Stella Bonasera asked, sniffing the air after entering the crime scene. The scent was very strong, it made her wonder if that was what tipped off the call.

“It would appear so.” Mac said, he was already snapping pictures of the body, that was covered in the ranch. “But we won’t know for a fact until Adam runs it. I’ll bag a sample.”

“Good idea.” Stella said, slipping a pair of gloves on and kneeling next to Mac. “Why would this guy use ranch to cover up his victims?”

Mac shrugs. “Why did he kill her? It’s our job to figure that out.” He then smiled “If not, we can always ask him when we catch him.”

Stella smiled and continued to process the scene.

“So your substance was a unique mixture of ranch, garlic, bacon, and random herbs.” Adam said, handing Mac the result folder, upon his and Stella’s entrance.

“Thalena’s” Stella said automatically.

“What?” Adam asked, both him and Mac were giving Stella questioning glances.

“It’s a restaurant on the main floor of the hotel down the street from my apartment. It’s their dressing. You can’t tell me you’ve never eaten at Thalena’s?” Stella asked.

“No, but we’re about to pay it a visit. Thanks Adam.”

“Hey Stella. Haven’t seen you in a while, oh and you brought a friend.” The hostess said realizing Mac, who was carrying a crime scene kit, enter.

“Been busy, Kaitlin. We need to take to the owner.” Stella said.

“Why? What happened?” Kaitlin, the hostess asked.

“We can’t discuss the cases,” said Mac, flashing his badge. He didn’t want to murderer to escape, and every moment wasted gave him the chance.

“Rose would never do anything, she could never hurt anybody.” Kaitlin started.

“Kate, we just have to ask her a few questions.” Stella said, her voice calming to the young women.

“Okay, right this way.” Kaitlin said, leading them to the back of the restaurant, and up a flight of stairs. She knocked on the door of a room marked “Private.”

“Who is it?” A voice said.

“NYPD.” Mac said, “We need to ask you a few questions.” Mac smiled at Kaitlin, who then made her way downstairs. She had to work.

They waited. No answer. No noise at all, except from the noise the that was coming from downstairs.

“Mrs. Thalena.” Mac called

No answer still.

Stella turned the knob and opened the door. The first thing that both of them noticed as a criminologist was that the window was open. Mac hurried over to it, and Stella cricled the room, making sure that there was no alternate exit or that Rose was not hiding somewhere in the room, and that the window was to throw them of track.

Stella saw Mac climb out the window onto the fire exit. She had cleared the room and quickly joined Mac on the stairwell.

Mac pointed up. Stella looked up. Their was a shadow of a figure moving that way. Stella knew that she was to go to the elevator on the main entrance and make sure that she did not escape that way. Mac would follow her, hopefully catching her. Stella nodded and climbed out the window, and quickly headed down to the lobby.

Mac headed out of the interogation room. Rose Thelana had done it. She had confessed. Now all that was left to be down was to finish up the report, and he'd hopefully be able to grab something to eat. He went into his office and smelled a familiar scent. On his desk was Thelana's Salad. He smiled and mentally made a note to thank Stella.

3. iluvroadrunner

Fruit's Supposed to be Healthy...Right? by Lost2MuchSpeed

Sitting on her newly purchased sofa that she had bought after the whole Frankie disaster, Stella sighed wistfully. She had replaced pretty much everything he had made any sort of contact with, no matter how small. But she wasn’t thinking about him nearly as much now, she had her friends to thank for that, Mac especially. Now there’s a real man.

She sighed again, out of exhaustion this time, and went over to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

Today had been one whacked out day. Some would day the case had been funny. If you could even call it a case! Just…stupidity? Insanity? Just frickin weird.

She had arrived at the scene, a penthouse apartment, and had found Mac already standing over the body; studying it and looking rather bewildered. Kind of cute…was her initial reaction to the out of place expression gracing Mac’s features. However, she quickly scolded herself mentally, mind on the job, mind on the job!

There had been no obvious C.O.D, so they had to wait until Sid had performed the autopsy. Turns out the vic had been poisoned. Ok, that wasn’t anything Stella hadn’t heard before. But Sid hadn’t finished yet. No sir.

“Apples,” he’d stated simply.

After a long silence, Mac and Stella looked at one another; both expressions speaking for themselves. What the hell?!

“The cyanide. In the apple seeds. God knows why the vic was eating apple seeds in the first place, but she’s eaten so many that she’s overdosed on the cyanide contained in them. Bizarre isn’t it?”

Bizarre was one way of putting it. Stella was thinking more along the lines of insane. Apples are nice, sure. Apple seeds? Not so sure about them. Even Lindsay hadn’t bothered trying them, and she’d eaten fried spider for crying out loud!

Mac had been pretty surprised at the outcome too. Well, maybe surprised wasn’t the best word for it. Disturbed more like. She’d been seeing a different side of Mac today. He hadn’t been his usual self. Which was a good thing. Usually he’d be so absorbed in the case he wouldn’t notice the funny side of anything. This side of Mac took years off of him which suited Stella fine.

She finished making her coffee, sipping it and letting the caffeine run through her bloodstream, giving her a much welcomed boost.

Speaking of Mac, she still had to call him to let him know she’d arrived home in the same state she’d left the lab in. Since her struggle with Frankie, he had insisted that she call him every day when she got into her apartment so he knew she was alright. You’d think, “Oh that’s sweet of him”, but Stella wouldn’t. Or rather, wouldn’t let herself think that. Nah, that was just Mac being Mac. Being all protective over his colleagues. He’d do it for any of us.

But there was a little bit of her that, even though she wouldn’t let herself dwell on it, hoped it was just her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her cell phone blaring, it’s vibrations propelling it across the surface of the coffee table in front of her. It was the very man she’d been thinking of before the call.

“Hey, Mac. Sorry, I was just about to call, got a little side-tracked that’s all. Nothing to worry about,” she got out before Mac could assume the worst, that something had happened to her.

‘Why were you gonna- oh right! Yeah! I mean...uh…obviously, as it was me who arranged this calling me...uh…thing’

What the hell? Fair enough Mac was acting differently today, but this was a little too different. Mac? Stuttering? This day was getting even more whacked out and Stella just wanted to sit with a cup of coffee and a book. Probably thinking of Mac too, as she incorporated herself into the love story she was currently reading, feeling like a teenager and wishing it was her and the man on her cell. Realising she’d been silent for a good few seconds now, she spoke up.

“Um, is there something wrong? You sound a little weird if I’m being honest”.

‘Uh n-no no, nothing wrong. Not at all! I was just uh…well…’ he clears his throat, ‘I was wondering if maybe…maybe you’d like to come over…for coffee?’

Stella stared at the steaming mug in her hands and let out a small chuckle, which Mac took as a bad sign, and assumed she was laughing at him.

‘Oh. Well. Yes, I was just uh…well, yes anyway, glad you’re home in one piece. I’ll uh…just be um...’

“Oh shut up you idiot! Of course I’ll come over, I still haven’t had my usual caffeine boost yet anyway.” She quietly emptied her mug and placed the mug in the sink.

‘Great! Well, uh, you know where it is…I even bought pie. Well, not that I had any plans for it…anyway, I thought maybe we’d share it if your hungry’

She was starving. And Mac was finally taking action! Her stomach flipped. Must act as if you’ve not been waiting for this for years.

“That sounds just fine. What kind of pie is it?”

She grabbed her coat, and things, and headed out the door.

‘Apple.”

+~+~+~+~+~+

and to vote.

4. CSI_in_training

Hey! I voted, not for the slash obviously, 'cause I entered that one...
    Cudos to all the other authors, they were all so good!

5. iluvroadrunner

Voting will close thursday, and we'll announce our winners, just so everyone knows.

but great job, everyone with the entries.

6. CSI_in_training

ooh! So excited! Can't wait!

7. CSI_in_training

Hey! You said Thursday, and its friday! What gives? No, I'm kidding take as long as you want, I'm just a slight bit excited! :D

8. iluvroadrunner

...i'm making sure i have everything i need...don't worry, as soon as i get a hold of everything i'll annouce the winners.

sorry for the delay!

9. CSI_in_training

Take your time!

10. iluvroadrunner

**WINNERS**

and the winners are...*drumrolls*

for the slash end its...CSI_in_Training!!!

[​IMG]

and for the het side...Lost2MuchSpeed!!!

[​IMG]

thanks to everyone who participated and congratulations to the winners! :D

11. CSI_in_training

OOH! YAY! I've never one anything before! Thank you everyone! szmandatogoholic, you story was really good too!