Stargate

I've always thought that too. Then I decided, they must have a very small translation fish that stays in their ears... ala Hitchiker's Guide. There was ST: DS9 episode when Quark, Nog and his brother ended up in Roswell, NM. They couldn't understand them because the humans did not have the translation device. So, I came to the conclusion that it could be something along those lines.

Hmm. I've always wondered something. Isn't a little too conveniant that everyone uses almost the same form of english. What i mean is that the gang go to a planet and everything is called the same thing. EG: computer, roads, etc.
The history of the planet and there have been different events is different so you'd think that words would be similar but not exactly the same.

I'm more disturbed that they all speak English :lol:

It's just like in American movies, when they play foreigners, eg. Hitler - The Rise of Evil, why every German spoke English to other Germans? Just stupid... subtitles are not THAT BAD thing.
Believe me.

But in stargate, they may have their own language but somehow amazingly there's someone "who has magically learnt English"

Kevin Costner. Worst. 'British'. Accent. Ever. ROFL hinking of it. Even worse, when they don't give the characters an accent.

It should be mandatory that they use actors other than U.S./Canadian. Make it believeable.

Hmm. I've always wondered something. Isn't a little too conveniant that everyone uses almost the same form of english. What i mean is that the gang go to a planet and everything is called the same thing. EG: computer, roads, etc.
The history of the planet and there have been different events is different so you'd think that words would be similar but not exactly the same.
I agree. That is completely annoying. Esp. since Daniel is the linguist but when can he use those skills?I love the Unas because they are alien. I wish more aliens were like them. At least Daniel was needed to communicate with them. I also hate the Cold War themes.Even the Goa'uld shouldn't speak English. Apophis should have been speaking closer to the ancient Egyptian that his host was speaking. It's fummy. On the pilot of Stargate:Atlantis they had a scene where the different Earth nationalities were trying to learn each others' language. Why should we understand Aliens when we can't understand each other?
Kasey

I've always thought that since they all came from earth, they would speak the same language.

But I thought they've all came from earth before there was such language than... English.

Hey, well I'm a fairly new Stargate SG-1 fan, but I think I got pretty rabid fairly fast. :D Does anyone here know when the new season will be starting? Also, I live in Toronto (Canadian eastern time), so does anyone know when these new episodes will be showing, and on what station? :D I do know that old episodes (which I have not seen) show at 1 and 8 (the same episode twice) on Space every weekday. Hee, I tape them all.

Question: What exactly does the word "Kree" mean?
]In Point Of View, Jack asked Daniel the same question. Here's what Daniel said:

O'NEILL: No, no, no. Not that. What the hell does Kree mean?

DANIEL: Well, actually, it means a lot of things. Uh, loosely translated it means "attention," "listen up," "concentrate."

O'NEILL: Yoo-hoo?

DANIEL: Yes, in a manner of speaking.

But I think Daniel was giving a nicer translation. :lol:

Kasey

Ahh, thankyou. I've always wondered what it meant. :p Much appreciated.
No Problem. :D Just finished watching the 9th season premiere. :D :D :D :D :D It was great. THe Farscape people and new General are great and Daniel is as beautiful ever. Hope he gets rid of the beard though. :lol:

Kasey

Back