Criminal Minds #5

mulder42

Corpse
READERS and/or POSTERS: please use this thread (#5), as the current one for all Criminal Minds info, Season 12 and beyond. We have had an altercation, firing, new cast members, and re-hiring of a popular actress to this show. Will you watch without series star Thomas Gibson? Excited about Paget Brewster's (Emily Prentiss) return? Post all current news and your opinions in THIS BRAND-NEW THREAD. :)

CRIMINAL MINDS

CRIMINAL MINDS revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. The Behavioral Analysis Unit's most experienced agent is David Rossi, a founding member of the BAU, who is essential in helping the team solve new cases. The BAU team is lead by Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, a strong profiler who is able to gain people's trust and unlock their secrets. Other members include Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid, a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; Jennifer "J.J." Jareau, the team's former unit liaison-turned-profiler who juggles motherhood and marriage with the same skill as solving cases; Penelope Garcia, the team's indispensible computer wizard who helps research the cases with her unique charm; Dr. Tara Lewis, a forensic psychologist whose expertise is studying and interviewing serial killers after they're captured to determine if they are able to stand trial; and Luke Alvez, a former Army ranger and excellent tracker recruited to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force. As the team evolves together, the BAU continues its dedication to using their expertise to pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

Begins its 12th season Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016 on the CBS Television Network.

ON AIR: Wednesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)
ORIGINAL PREMIERE DATE: Sept. 22, 2005
ORIGINATION: Los Angeles
FORMAT: Drama

STARRING:
Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
Thomas Gibson (Aaron Hotchner)
Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid)
A.J. Cook (Jennifer "JJ" Jareau)
Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
Aisha Tyler (Dr. Tara Lewis)
Adam Rodriguez (Luke Alvez)

PRODUCED BY: ABC Studios in association with CBS Television Studios
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Mark Gordon, Erica Messer, Breen Frazier

Photos available at
www.cbspressexpress.com
On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/CriminalMinds
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CrimMinds_CBS
CBS Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CBSTweet

Cast on Twitter:
Joe Mantegna: @JoeMantegna
Matthew Gray Gubler: @GUBLERNATION
A.J. Cook: @ajcookofficial
Kirsten Vangsness: @Vangsness
Aisha Tyler: @AishaTyler
Adam Rodriguez: @_Adam_Rodriguez

Cast on Instagram:
Joe Mantegna: @real_joemantegna
Matthew Gray Gubler: @gublergram
A.J. Cook @ajcook
Kirsten Vangsness @kirstenvangsness
Aisha Tyler @aishatyler
Adam Rodriguez @_adam_rodriguez

Producers and Writers on Twitter:
Erica Messer: @EricaMesser
Virgil Williams @VirgilWilliams

Karen Maser @KarenMaser
Jim Clemente @JimClemente
Erik Stiller @ErikStiller22

Criminal Minds: Jane Lynch to Return for Season 12 Arc as Reid's Mother

More than eight years after her last Criminal Minds visit, Jane Lynch is set to reprise her role as Reid’s schizophrenic mother.

Lynch in fact will return as Diana for a pair of episodes, to air in early 2017, as part of a “heavy Reid story,” showrunner Erica Messer told TVGuide.com.

Lynch first guested as Diana in the long-running thriller’s Season 1 finale. She last played the role in back-to-back Season 4 episodes, when a case sent the BAU to Las Vegas, where the character lives.

The whole situation has turned into a he-said, she-said situation. At this point, I couldn't care less. It's over and done with and yesterdays news. I prefer news on what will happen ON the show for the rest of the season. In particular I want to know guest stars - it's the only thing that got me to watch 1 episode last season and the only thing that will get me to watch an episode this season.

I was going to watch the show, but honestly, I'm done. There's been so many cast changes over the years I really haven't liked but I did start watching this in 05 when it first aired and I've sort of stuck by it through all of that. But this I just can't dig enough to continue watching. It's long overdue, honestly, and Gibson being fired (justified or not) just was the last straw and while I will always love the older episodes I'm honestly not interested in following this anymore. It's a shame, I would have loved to stick with it to the end, but nah. I'm going to read up on how they made Hotch's exit, and might even watch that first episode if it's done well enough, but then I'll just take a step back and focus on other shows. Not mad or anything, I've just lost interest I think. My biggest fear is that they'll cheaply throw the character from the show by killing him, I would hate that.

AGENT LUKE ALVEZ JOINS THE BAU TEAM, WHICH IS TASKED WITH CAPTURING A KILLER WHO ESCAPED PRISON WITH 13 OTHER CONVICTS AT THE END OF LAST SEASON, ON THE 12th SEASON PREMIERE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 28

Adam Rodriguez joins the BAU!

Adam Rodriguez Joins the Cast as Luke Alvez, a New Recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force

"The Crimson King" – Agent Luke Alvez (Adam Rodriguez) joins the BAU team, which is tasked with capturing a killer who escaped prison with 13 other convicts at the end of last season, on the 12th season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Adam Rodriguez joins the cast as Luke Alvez, a new recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force.

CHEAT TWEET: @_Adam_Rodriguez joins the BAU as Agent Luke Alvez on the 12th season premiere of @CrimMinds_CBS #CBS 9/28 9pm! http://bit.ly/2bQSqm1

REGULAR CAST:

GUEST CAST:
Bodhi Elfman (Peter Lewis)
Erik Stocklin (Brian Phillips)
Bobby Ray Shafer (Chief Arthur Emmett)
Jeff Kongs (Officer Chet Dewey)
Amy Landon (Carla Jean Birch)
Tim Abell (Earl Roy Everton)
Kraig Dane (Daniel Cullen)
Tom Jenkins (Bob Phillips)
Jami Ferreira (Gail Phillips)
Sarah Buehler (Mistress Magdaline)
Ashlynn Ross (Chelsea Carter)
Randolph Thompson (Doctor Jones)
Brooke Culbertson (Officer Dewey's Wife)
Gavin Michael Pierce (Officer Dewey's Son)

WRITTEN BY: Breen Frazier, one of the series' executive producers
DIRECTED BY: Glenn Kershaw

I've stopped watching mostly because of the sheer number of cast changes in recent seasons and I pretty much lost interest back in season 10 - it was getting stale for me.

Criminal Minds Season 12: Everything You Need to Know

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say there is a lot happening on Criminal Minds this season.

Season 12 was already going to be busy, what with the addition of Adam Rodriguez's new character, Luke Alvez; the hunt for 13 unsubs who broke out of prison in the Season 11 finale; the promotion of Aisha Tyler to series regular; and the (at the time temporary) return of Prentiss (Paget Brewster). That was all before news broke last month of Thomas Gibson's suspension and ultimately immediate dismissal from the show after an on-set altercation with a producer/writer.

So how will Hotch be written out? Which unsubs are still on the loose? What brings Prentiss back for good? How will Alvez fit in? Here's everything you need to know about Season 12.

1. Hotch's exit
This is the biggest question since Gibson was let go last month. He was already scheduled to be MIA in two episodes, starting with Episode 3, for his initial suspension. As we reported, that absence will be explained by Hotch going on a temporary assignment, paving the way for Prentiss to return to help out.

The show is keeping the reasons for Hotch's ultimate off-screen exit under wraps for now, but don't be surprised if the cumulative toll of the job and family demands causes him to press pause (and it certainly would be the easiest and most logical explanation, rather than, say, death -- the show doesn't like killing off its main characters anyway). Hotch was SWATed in front of his son Jack (Cade Owen) in last season's finale, which would make for a plausible exit if he wants to focus on raising Jack and keeping him out of those situations again. Messer also told TVGuide.com before Gibson's dismissal that her plan at the time was for Hotch's father-in-law, Roy (Ed Asner), who has Alzheimer's, to take a turn for the worst.

"He's going to be struggling a little bit with things that are going on at home," she says. "Ed Asner's [character is] not doing too great and Jack's definitely affected by that. Losing one more person in his life is a big deal, so he'll definitely have to focus on that."

2. Introducing Luke Alvez
The BAU's newest agent joins the team in the premiere to hunt the Crimson King, one of the 13 unsubs who escaped in last season's finale and who paralyzed Alvez's former partner back in the day. So, yeah, he wants revenge. "[The premiere is] really an episode about introducing this new hero and how he fits into our world and why he's such a good fit, and what that means to pretty much everybody who has to embrace a new character, but especially Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness)," Messer says.

Baby girl, naturally, doesn't take to Alvez right away, but Rodriguez believes that's a good thing. "Garcia obviously has a very close relationship with Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore). She's a little salty that he's no longer there. It's good in a way because I think the audience will feel that as well," he says. "I had a similar experience on CSI: Miami [when I] left for a while. It's hard for the audience to readjust after they become so attached [to a character]. Garcia gets to feel those feelings for the audience, which is great."

3. Prentiss' return -- and stay!
Brewster was initially planning to return for at least six episodes, but was promoted to series regular in the wake of Gibson's firing. "[Prentiss is] back because Hotch is on special assignment from the director, and then she sticks around," Messer says. "We are always happy to have Paget return." It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Prentiss decides to stay for good because of Hotch's exit -- and it'd be even more awesome if she were to replace him as unit chief. Yeah, we know Rossi (Joe Mantegna) has seniority, but he seems content not being the boss man.

For the time being, get ready for what Messer describes as a "fun friendship" between Prentiss and Alvez, which starts with a classic "the person I'm talking about is standing right behind me, aren't they?" situation.

4. Gotta catch 'em all (and by "them," we mean unsubs)
The premiere will pick up in real time, having skipped over the summer, during which the BAU has caught eight of the 13 unsubs who broke out of prison.

"We didn't want Season 12 to be all about catching these 13," Messer says. "We felt like we had so many other stories to tell that are our bread-and-butter stories that we felt like making the whole season about 13 guys and gals who got away before was just going to be a little repetitive. So instead, five felt like a reasonable number. Certainly, five throughout a 22-episode season feels different enough."

Two of those five are the Crimson King and the one and only Mr. Scratch (Bodhi Elfman), the mastermind of it all. The others are TBD pending actor availability, but Frances Fisher definitely wants to return as applesauce-spewing Antonia Slade. "She was so hilarious when she left [last season]. She was like, 'I have to be one of the escaped ones! It all started during my episode!'" Messer says. "Again, actor availability, not sure what we could do there. But she's high on our list of, if we could have someone who escaped, wouldn't it be great if she were one of them?"

5. More Dr. Lewis
Promoting Tyler to series regular was just what the doctor ordered for Messer, who wants to do some Tara-centric episodes this season. "I love Tara Lewis so much and I certainly love Aisha," she says. "I'd love to dive into what makes her tick more. She has a big moment in the premiere episode as well."

6. Jane Lynch's long-awaited return
As previously reported, Lynch will return as Reid's (Matthew Gray Gubler) schizophrenic mom Diana, who now has onset dementia, for two episodes after eight seemingly interminable years. In the premiere, Reid will reference their summer trip to Paris, which was initially mentioned in last season's finale. The arc for her return, which begins in Episode 11, is a "heavy Reid story" that will be very "challenging" for him, Messer teases. Need we remind you that Diana now has onset dementia?

7. Home lives
Rossi and Hayden (Sheryl Lee Ralph) are still going strong and the plan is to keep it that way. "Prentiss asks about that in Episode 3 when she sees him and he confirms everything's going well and it's all good," Messer says. "Maybe later this season we'll bring Hayden back and maybe [their daughter] Joy (Amber Stevens West) too."

JJ (A.J. Cook) and Will (Josh Stewart) are doing well, too, and will be the focus of the second episode, when JJ has a tough time coping with the abduction of two children during a case. "It's really a reflective episode for JJ and another great story of a working parent," Messer says.

8. Lucky No. 13
No, not Season 13. Episode 13 is set to be a biggie -- and will be written by Messer and Vangsness, who co-wrote Season 10's "Nelson's Sparrow," in which Gideon (Mandy Patinkin) died off-screen, as well as Moore's exit last season. "The thing that's always tricky is moving pieces -- is that the episode we think it's going to be or is it going to move?" Messer says. "I always feel like when Kirsten and I team up, we do big episodes, so hopefully we'll get the opportunity to do that again."

He's replacing Thomas Gibson. Prentiss is replacing Hotch. Just like with "CSI", Fishburne replaced Billy Petersen and Catherine replaced Grissom.

What a mess.

I watched the first episode and it was pretty good, I thought. It's always a little bit strange when new characters are introduced, but Luke Alvez seems to be very different from the others, so let's what will happen. I'm not sure if I will watch this season till the end since I'm a fan of Hotch and tired of all the changes.

I feel the same way. If they give Hotch a dignified exit then maybe I'll give it a try. But if their solution is to kill him off then I'm done.

WHEN JJ ARRIVES HOME SHAKEN AFTER A ROUGH CASE, SHE BREAKS DOWN AND TELLS HER HUSBAND ABOUT THE ABDUCTION OF TWO CHILDREN, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5

JJ & Luke Alvez search for two missing kids!

"Sick Day" – When JJ arrives home shaken after a rough case, she breaks down and tells her husband about the abduction of two children, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A child abduction case hits hard for JJ as painful memories resurface. @CrimMinds_CBS #CBS 10/5 9pm http://bit.ly/2cqAE9n

REGULAR CAST:

RECURRING CAST:
Josh Stewart (Will LaMontagne Jr.)
Mekhai Andersen (Henry LaMontagne)

GUEST CAST:
Jaylin Ogle (Roberto Morales)
Genneya Walton (Francesca Morales)
Dionne Gipson (Renee Jackson-Morales)
Robert James Watkins (Officer Harrison)
Eric Murdoch (John David Bates)
Greg Yoder (Max's Father)
Cathy Lynn Yonek (Max's Mother)
Tina Landon (Crying Mother)
Ciara Caneega (Trisha Bates)

WRITTEN BY: Virgil Williams
DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

I have a feeling that they will bring Hotch back, especially if people stop watching. I think what they will do is to have
him take some time, so that he can spend more time with his son.
Can't really replace Hotch, in a way he's the show; not taking away from the other characters.

Intense episode. Sad. Disturbing. Poor JJ, I can see why she's blaming herself (though I don't think she did anything wrong). She will probably have to deal with that for a very long time. To be honest, I was a little bit shocked about the ending. I'm used to happy endings, not terrible ones with kids being killed in a fire. Had tears in my eyes. Big ones.

Back