Season 15 Spoiler Lab Discussion and Pics

Re: Season 15 Spoiler Lab Discussion

There must be more to the story than what we're being told.

It's called the law of diminishing returns. CBS signed CM to a big development contract, and she wasn't able to deliver. Personally, I'm a little happy about this because I love to see where DM takes the show on his own and maybe it opens up the possibility of CBS' bringing someone like David Rambo back into the CSI fold.

There must be more to the story than what we're being told.

It's called the law of diminishing returns. CBS signed CM to a big development contract, and she wasn't able to deliver. Personally, I'm a little happy about this because I love to see where DM takes the show on his own and maybe it opens up the possibility of CBS' bringing someone like David Rambo back into the CSI fold.

That's the best we could wish ^^

Didn't take her long. On to bigger, better things instead of being stuck on just CBS.

'CSI's' Carol Mendelsohn Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation's Carol Mendelsohn has a new home.

Recommended'CSI' Loses Co-Showrunner Carol Mendelsohn (Exclusive)CBS Orders 'CSI' Spinoff to SeriesAfter exiting the long-running CBS procedural and her overall deal with CBS Television Studios, Mendelsohn has inked a new long-term overall deal with Sony Pictures Television.

Under the new three-year deal, Mendelsohn and her Carol Mendelsohn Productions banner headed by Julie Weitz, will create and develop new projects across all platforms for the studio. The deal is said to be a significant one.

Mendelsohn spent 13 years at CBS Television Studios before stepping down from her role as co-showrunner on the veteran procedural. She'll continue to be credited as an exec producer on CSI and its upcoming spinoff, CSI: Cyber. Don McGill will take over as showrunner after working alongside Mendelsohn for the past four years.

A prolific producer, Mendelsohn developed several projects for both broadcast and cable during her run with CBSTVS, including CBS' reality series Dogs in the City. Most recently, CBS picked up CSI: Cyber. Her credits include spinoffs CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, The Defenders, Providence and the original Melrose Place, among others.

At Sony Pictures Television, Mendelsohn joins a roster of producers including Breaking Bad's Vince Gilligan, Shawn Ryan (The Shield), David Shore (House), Barry Josephson (Bones) and George Clooney and Grant Heslov's Smokehouse Pictures, among others. She's repped by WME and Jackoway Tyerman.

Susan

I heard they found a letter in her office drawer after she cleared out.

It read:

"Dear Carol:
The ship is sinking. Do what I did: jump off and swim to shore while you can.:
Sincerely,
Captain & Crew of the Costa Concordia."
:D :D :D

Even if she left because the show isn't what it used to be, I'm glad she's gone. It seems she was responsible for quite a few things going wrong in the last couple of years and now there's a chance, no matter small, to save something.

Even if she left because the show isn't what it used to be, I'm glad she's gone. It seems she was responsible for quite a few things going wrong in the last couple of years and now there's a chance, no matter small, to save something.

Carol has always been the one who made or check the plots so let's see what Don McGill is going to do. Maybe we'll have good surprises !

GSR GR, I have to agree with you. She has been responsible for the things that
went wrong, and what really broke the "Camels back" was when she sided with that
writer instead of George Eads. I think Don will do a good job. Didn't he start out
as a writer when the show 1st started?

I have faith in Don McGill, he joined for season 11 when Langston was written out and the Haskell storyline was a pretty good one to put an end to Fishburne's character.

His first episode as a writter was 'Bump and Grind' a very good episode.

So let's see, I give him a chance, we may have good surprises with him at the head of the show.

Last edited:

GSR GR, I have to agree with you. She has been responsible for the things that
went wrong, and what really broke the "Camels back" was when she sided with that
writer instead of George Eads. I think Don will do a good job. Didn't he start out
as a writer when the show 1st started?

No, he was on JAG when CSI started. Don co-created NCIS with Don Bellisario.

Filming for season 15 starts today.

Ted, Jorja, Eric and Wallace Langham are on set and they're filming out of order right from the beginning. They're doing 15x02.

Keep an eye on waldeckvision for pics.

Susan

Back