Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

Press release for next week's episode, and as a note: this Friday's episode has a run time from 9:01pm-10:02pm.

WHEN A BELOVED OFF-DUTY NYPD OFFICER PERISHES IN A ROBBERY, THE CSIs USE THE ART OF INTERROGATION TO BREAK DOWN THEIR SUSPECTS AND GET TO THE TRUTH, ON “CSI: NY,” FRIDAY, JAN. 11

CHEAT TWEET: When an NYPD cop dies, all bets are off. What will the CSIs do to get to the truth? #CSINY 1/11 http://bit.ly/WlxZhs

“Civilized Lies” – When a beloved off-duty NYPD officer perishes in a robbery, the CSIs use the art of interrogation to break down their suspects and get to the truth, on CSI: NY, Friday, Jan. 11 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Gary Sinise (Det. Mac Taylor)
Sela Ward (Jo Danville)
Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer)
Hill Harper (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes)
Eddie Cahill (Det. Don Flack)
Anna Belknap (Lindsay Monroe Messer)
AJ Buckley (Adam Ross)
Robert Joy (Dr. Sid Hammerback)

GUEST CAST:
Natalie Martinez (Detective Jamie Lovato)
Kris Lemche (Anthony Lombardo)
Grant Harvey (Eric Blaylock)
Riccardo Lebron (Roland Benitez)
Gary Kraus (Mark Riley)
Chris Brochu (Jason Riley)
Jarrod Crawford (Surgeon On TV)
WRITTEN BY: John Dove
DIRECTED BY: Jerry Levine

I wonder if we won't see Christine again til the crossover.

Oh well the rest of the cast needs focus too...I don't mind too much.

Exclusive: CSI: NY Books Homeland Villain for Crossover Episode

[Navid] Negahban will figure into the second part of the CSI-CSI: NY crossover event as Zane Kalim, a lifelong criminal. He will most certainly come into the crosshairs of Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise), as Kalim is the only person who knows where Mac's kidnapped girlfriend Christine (Megan Dodds) is being held. Of course, Kalim refuses to cooperate with the police, which pushes Mac to flirt with dangerous extremes regarding protocol.

The action begins on Wednesday, Feb. 6 (10/9c, CBS), when Mac arrives in Vegas to surprise Christine, only to learn she's missing. D.B. Russell (Ted Danson) will then return with Mac to New York for the second half of the investigation on Friday, Feb. 8 (9/8c).

Hmm, I hope Mac doesn't push the line too far...I just want it to be believable even if this is CSI...if he does cross the line, it'd be cool if they called him on it and he got punished somehow, though we know they won't fire him.

I'm probably gonna watch the whole crossover at once...it's like, we know she won't get killed off and Mac'll be fine but I can't stand it anyway.

Last edited:
Hmm, I hope Mac doesn't push the line too far...I just want it to be believable even if this is CSI...if he does cross the line, it'd be cool if they called him on it and he got punished somehow, though we know they won't fire him.

I'm probably gonna watch the whole crossover at once...it's like, we know she won't get killed off and Mac'll be fine but I can't stand it anyway.

I will probably watch it at once or watch the Vegas one on Friday then wait a few hours.

I'm hoping i make it home tomorrow for the new ep but just in case, I'm setting my VCR (Yes, I still have one, getting time on the DVR TV is too hard).

I can't edit, but I want to say Mac sure is ticked about something next week. Though probably nowhere near as bad as the crossover when it comes.

I'm curious how Sid's story will progress, especially if we manage a season 10. He might survive a while, but still...

Last edited:
9.16 - "Blood Actually"

~ This is the penultimate episode of Season 9.

~ There's a Valentine's Day theme to this installment. Flack and Lovato appear to still have a 'thing' for each other. Lovato reminds him that it's Valentine's Day, and he asks if she wants to do something later.

~ Not 100% sure, but there appears to be multiple cases in the episode--possibly more than two. From what I gather it's similar to the original CSI's "Toe Tags" and "Kill Me If You Can" episodes, where there's a different title for each case. One of the titles is "Love Is Blind."

~ Danny and Hawkes work a case involving a mismatched couple, and Hawkes makes a quip about how Lindsay choosing Danny is far fetched.

~ Mac meets up with Christine at a piano bar for a Valentine's Day dinner.

9.16 - "Blood Actually"

~ This is the penultimate episode of Season 9.

~ There's a Valentine's Day theme to this installment. Flack and Lovato appear to still have a 'thing' for each other. Lovato reminds him that it's Valentine's Day, and he asks if she wants to do something later.

~ Not 100% sure, but there appears to be multiple cases in the episode--possibly more than two. From what I gather it's similar to the original CSI's "Toe Tags" and "Kill Me If You Can" episodes, where there's a different title for each case. One of the titles is "Love Is Blind."

~ Danny and Hawkes work a case involving a mismatched couple, and Hawkes makes a quip about how Lindsay choosing Danny is far fetched.

~ Mac meets up with Christine at a piano bar for a Valentine's Day dinner.

Ugh... I don't think they will be going home with the characters now. :(

Exclusive: CSI: NY Producer Shares the Inside Story on This Week's Sad Twist, Happy Hook-Up

This week on CBS’ CSI: NY, matters of love and… well, mortality… loomed large, as one crimesolver pulled the trigger on romance, while another was dealt an entirely different hand. Co-executive producer Trey Callaway, who penned the hour, gave TVLine the inside story on both developments and previewed what comes next.

STOP, IN THE NAME OF LOVE | On the happier note, “Flavato” fans — aka those who’ve been wanting Detectives Flack and Lovato (played by Eddie Cahill and Natalie Martinez) to become partners in a very different way — saw the new year get off to a promising start, as the duo went on a date (and even got a bit physical).
That the procedural took this leap with a workplace romance was almost happenstance. Recalling the addition of Martinez for Season 9, Callaway says, “It wasn’t a case of, ‘We’re going to cast this woman to be Don Flack’s girlfriend.’ That was the furthest thing from our minds.” But when the writers first saw Cahill and Martinez on screen together, “We all sat around with dumb smiles on our faces saying, ‘There’s something here.’ And then we begin to write to it. The chemistry was abundant, and we took it to the next level.”
As for whether the detectives will keep their romance on the down low, Callaway notes, “It’s probably something that would be under wraps for a while, but the flip side is that when you start to fall in love, you’re in love, and you want to share it with the rest of your family — even if it’s your ‘work family.’”

RICH MAN, POOR MAN | More significantly, CSI: NY‘s winter premiere shared two big reveals about Sid. One was surfaced by Jo, who discovered that an anonymous “Guardian Angel” who’d been gifting downtrodden individuals with million-dollar checks was none other than the mild-mannered M.E. But it’s the why of Sid’s largesse that shook longtime fans: As confided to Jo, he’s been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
Callaway says that series vet Robert Joy was given a heads-up on this twist “early on” in the season, “because Bob is not only an extraordinary actor, he’s just someone that is a wonderful human being.” And since Callaway wrote the Season 8 episode in which Sid got (very) rich from a patent, “I wanted to tell the next chapter in that story.”
To that end, Callaway initially set out to simply reveal that Sid was gifting money to the loved ones of victims who touched the M.E. “He knew their lives had been irrevocably impacted, so he wanted to make a difference in their lives, positively,” explains the scribe. When Callaway pitched that story to showrunner Pam Veasey, “She loved it, then said, ‘…but how about we do this,’ and she added the extra, incredibly emotional layer of exploring an illness.”
The minute that Veasey suggested that wrinkle, “I got a knot in my throat,” Callaway shares. “We all love Sid — he’s certainly a beloved character — so it was one of those things that, from a writing standpoint, felt perfect. And let me tell you, I wrote it and I’ve watched it several dozen times, and I still get choked up. All of us know someone or have lost someone to some form of cancer, so it’s very resonant.”
What’s more, in the hands of Joy and Sela Ward, Callaway “knew that these two performers were going to be so in their zone when it came to bringing it to life. Whatever I wrote on paper, they elevated 100-fold through their sheer skill.” (In fact, he recalls seeing at least one cameraman wiping tears away during the shoot. “That’s when I thought, ‘Oh, this is one of those moments.’”)
Will Sid live to see any possible Season 10? Callaway is bullish on the medical examiner’s short-term prognosis, saying, “As far as we’re concerned, Bob Joy is not going anywhere.” That said, “This is definitely a very different and personal struggle Sid is going to have to face – and he’s lucky to have a friend in Jo to support him through it.”

Source: http://tvline.com/2013/01/04/csi-ny-season-9-spoilers-flack-lovato-sid/

Back