Season #9 Spoiler Discussion

I think it's more likely referring to the missing girl being very close in age to Ellie, in addition to the case involving the Fed she used to date. But knowing Jo, I suspect the victim's closeness to age to Ellie is what 'hits home' the hardest.

I think it's more likely referring to the missing girl being very close in age to Ellie, in addition to the case involving the Fed she used to date. But knowing Jo, I suspect the victim's closeness to age to Ellie is what 'hits home' the hardest.

Yeah, thought so too.

Completely agree. And I'm willing to bet the victim's circumstances in how she disappeared are something that could easily happen to anyone as opposed to some fantastic-one-in-a-million setup. It'll be something which Jo could envision happening to Ellie. And while I don't ship Mac and Jo, I love their friendship and this episode has serious promise to bring that out, and I only hope that the inclusion of Jo's ex doesn't detract.

^Hopefully the presence of the ex won't detract from any Mac-Jo friendship awesomeness - Russ was in 'Identity Crisis' and that still had some lovely moments between Mac and Jo.:) The writers seem to have been very keen on emphasising their friendship/mutual connection & understanding & support for one another right from the get go, so I hope they will keep it up in s9.

9.03 2;918 MILES
STORY LINE: The CSIs race to San Francisco in search of a 16-year-old girl who may already be dead, and the case

Episode 9.03 - 2,918 Miles
The CSIs race to San Francisco in search of a 16-year-old girl who may already be dead, and the case hits home for Jo.

Source: SpoilerTV

I'm going to LOVE the first three episodes of season 9,
got the guys playing hockey
I think Don's sister will be back one of the first three episodes
AND we get an episode involving Jo... :)

GO SEASON NINE!!! :thumbsup:

I'll be back with more spoilers for 9.03 in a few minutes...

ETA:

9.03 "2,918 Miles"

~ A man gets mugged while crossing the Brooklyn Bridge, and he dies. They find an envelope with him, which contains three photos of a young woman. She has been badly beaten, but they don't know whether she's alive or dead.

~ They are able to identify the young woman in the photos as Mary. The 15-year-old girl's parents reported her missing two weeks ago.

~ Mary has an ATM card, and the team discovers that she withdrew all of her money the night she went missing, after having an argument with her parents. Mary's father doesn't like the suggestion that Mary ran away, but the team has to consider every possibility. Her parents just want to know what happened to their little girl, and they want the person who hurt her to pay for what they've done.

~ The search for Mary leads the team to San Francisco.

Last edited:
I'll be back with more spoilers for 9.03 in a few minutes...

ETA:

9.03 "2,918 Miles"

~ A man gets mugged while crossing the Brooklyn Bridge, and he dies. They find an envelope with him, which contains three photos of a young woman. She has been badly beaten, but they don't know whether she's alive or dead.

~ They are able to identify the young woman in the photos as Mary. The 15-year-old girl's parents reported her missing two weeks ago.

~ Mary has an ATM card, and the team discovers that she withdrew all of her money the night she went missing, after having an argument with her parents. Mary's father doesn't like the suggestion that Mary ran away, but the team has to consider every possibility. Her parents just want to know what happened to their little girl, and they want the person who hurt her to pay for what they've done.

~ The search for Mary leads the team to San Francisco.

Oooooo... I wonder if it's just Jo and Mac who go to 'Frisco.

^^It looks like it might be just the two of them, but we'll see.

A bit more about the episode:
~ Peter Horton's FBI agent character is named Cade (last name, I assume).

~ Jo's (now 14-year-old) daughter Ellie appears in this one, and she's got a boyfriend. Jo and Cade catch them kissing, and there's a bit of an awkward introduction.

~ It looks like Natalie Martinez's character is named Lovato (again, last name obviously). Not sure if this is her first appearance, but we'll definitely be meeting her by 9.03. She seems tough and capable while chasing a perp and intimidating him a bit during the interrogation that follows, and we also see her apologizing in Spanish when police business interrupts a busy woman trying to take care of several young children.​
Eeeeee! Focus on Jo, Ellie being there, and the introduction of my possible (let's be honest, probable) new girlcrush - looking forward to this episode! :D

^^It looks like it might be just the two of them, but we'll see.

A bit more about the episode:
~ Peter Horton's FBI agent character is named Cade (last name, I assume).

~ Jo's (now 14-year-old) daughter Ellie appears in this one, and she's got a boyfriend. Jo and Cade catch them kissing, and there's a bit of an awkward introduction.

~ It looks like Natalie Martinez's character is named Lovato (again, last name obviously). Not sure if this is her first appearance, but we'll definitely be meeting her by 9.03. She seems tough and capable while chasing a perp and intimidating him a bit during the interrogation that follows, and we also see her apologizing in Spanish when police business interrupts a busy woman trying to take care of several young children.​
Eeeeee! Focus on Jo, Ellie being there, and the introduction of my possible (let's be honest, probable) new girlcrush - looking forward to this episode! :D

I thought she was 12 in season 7? I'll have to check my DVD tomorrow.

It is nice to see Ellie though, I was hoping to see her. It also sounds like Mac won't be doing too much interrogations either.

Back