Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
The one on the bottom right says 'Find out why my goat walks funny!' Another one appears to say 'Call soon - need goat gel!!' :lol:

:lol: :lol: Jo and her sticky notes! she's definitely a refreshing character to the show, i bet she has them notes but still forget's what she has to do :lol: btw what does the goat thing say?

"Find out why my goat walks funny." ;D
“Call soon - need goat gel.”

Did you guys take a close look at the post-its around Jo's computer screen? Somebody was having fun on the set! :lol:

I wonder if the goat thing is an inside joke...

:lol: That was a good catch Faylinn :lol:

taylorgirl
i bet she has them notes but still forget's what she has to do :lol:

She does forget :lol: There was an episode were she had to go back to pick up her "homework" because she left herself a post it but of course still forgot. I think it was Identity Crisis. Jo rocks :thumbsup:

I really liked this episode! :)

-Yey! Mac is back!:hugegrin: (Not that I never believed he won't be back! :D)

-Haha the whole team was teasing Mac about him being back! :lol: Brilliant I loved it! ;)

-Sid!!!!! :angel: I've missed Sid and Mac scenes....ooh that scene brought back such memories! :lol:

- Adam...All I'm gonna say gotta love Adam! And the bet with Hawkes...poor Adam. :adore: and I never get tired of Adam being all nervous around Mac! :lol:

-It feels still a bit odd that Danny is not at the lab...kinda miss it...but no biggie. :)

-I dunno was it just me but Mac seemed much more relaxed than before. I liked it! It's a nice different to "usual det.Taylor" :)
Finally I gave an A+ :)

(And with apologies to whomever earlier suggested it was the Clash. Wasn't gonna call that out, but do hafta admit I winced when I read it :lol::p).

well you have more restraint than i - if i'd noticed that i would not have been able to stop myself. the clash?!!! they sound nothing like the ramones!! i mean, aside from the obvious "they're in approximately the same genre" kind of way. strummer will be spinning in his grave....

Part of me can't believe that so few folk have commented on this scene :lol:. Was easily the best of the night for me.

yeah for me that's been the best bit of this season so far and i reckon the best bit of the last 2-3 seasons. it felt like old csiny, not the nonsense they see fit to give us most of the time nowadays.

Mac/McQueen isn't something that had occurred to me. Can sorta see it, yeah.

it hadn't to me til then, but sid made me get a great mental image of mac on a little motorbike jumping fences and stuff, a la mcqueen. then i got an even better mental image of mac on a little motorbike with sid riding pillion, jumping fences and stuff, a la wallace and gromit :D i actually preferred that mental image, it was hilarious :lol:

7: re the counterfeit cash - i guess this is why the uk treasury had the foresight to make our notes (a) on different coloured paper and (b) of different sizes!! :guffaw::guffaw:
:lol:. You mean it wasn't random aesthetics?

Hard to argue. But if counterfeiting was really this easy, you'd think we'd be hearing of it more often :p.

i dunno, i occasionally hear what may be urban myths about the high percentage of counterfeit in circulation. y'know, like that "every dollar bill has coke on it" and other such things. but yeah in britain our notes are all different colours (partly to make it easier for partially sighted folks), with different shaped logos embossed on them (ditto) and also on different sized papers, so there's no way you could "wash" a 20 and turn it into a 50 or something because any bank would laugh you out of town for suggesting that a 20 is the same size as a 50 (or a 10 or a 5)

one little gripe about the punk thing - given that punk is a genre very very important to me i feel i have to get this off my chest - it's about the argument the 3 kids were having in the shop about who were the first punks. now, technically the girl was probably right, that it was the ramones who started at cbgb in 74 ish. i mean, for me it'll always always be the sex pistols (london, 76) but they, and more to the point their manager/creator malcolm mclaren were extremely heavily influenced by the ramones and cbgb in general - it's just that as far as i'm concerned punk wasn't a definitive movement before the pistols - they were the ones that crystallised it - but y'know that's an argument for a pub :D ...
I'd be happy to argue this inna pub over a drink or three :lol: :p.

One might argue that once crystallized, and a 'movement," that it became less punk :p (if that makes sense).

yeah i think that's true - i think any movement, once it's dubbed a movement, will lose that je ne sais quoi that made it happen. like the absurdists and the dadists and stuff.

that said.... as much as i tend to call the pistols the first proper punk band (at least in the uk), i don't know if they really typify the genre. they typify what malcolm mclaren wanted the genre to be. but they did kickstart something so credit is still due. to me the clash are more punk, really, they were far more... er... i dunno, less manufactured. as were buzzcocks, undertones, sham 69 etc. of course the other BIG difference between the clash and the pistols (and arguably the ramones too) was that where the latter made empty gestures and wore swastikas on their shirts and spouted clichéd slogans, the clash had an actual, genuine *message* and to this day it's probably still one of the most important messages any band has ever delivered. white man in hammersmith palais, white riot, english civil war, career opportunities, the whole of sandanista - i loved that they actually *meant it*, whereas that never ever felt the case with the pistols. they were just shallow teenaged yelling and spitting.

oh yeah and yes i realise this paragraph totally contradicts my earlier statements about the pistols. but i'm like the manics, i reserve the right to contradict myself ;)

but yes, definitely a pub discussion. you're on, what're you drinking? :D

(You helped shoot a vid? Excellent. Mebbe I'll enlist your help if I ever get about to doing one for Methyl, Ethyl & the Ketones... :p;) ).

well, i say "helped" - i was 14/15, they did the shoot in a churchyard, my dad was the priest there so i got to go along. i got to hold the camera for a bit and look thru it and point at stuff. oh and sit in a massive red 50s cadillac with ray and david davies. that was pretty epic. i <3 the kinks. ha! i'd forgotten all about ME and the K ;)

What the hell?:wtf::wtf: what a totally random thing to write :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: well it's Jo so.. it's gotta be mad :lol:

Did you guys take a close look at the post-its around Jo's computer screen? Somebody was having fun on the set! :lol:

I wonder if the goat thing is an inside joke...
:lol:. Great catch, no I'd not spotted that. I love all the sticky tabs.

"Rupe Rocks," "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" (so very Jo, methinks), "Hi Melanie," "buy more shakes, eat less bran," "Pick up body suit for" someone, and yes, "call soon - need more goat gel!!" and "find out why my goat walks funny" :lol:.

Would love to have seen SW's reaction the first time on set after they'd been placed, if she didn't have a hand in a few of them herself :lol:.

it hadn't to me til then, but sid made me get a great mental image of mac on a little motorbike jumping fences and stuff, a la mcqueen. then i got an even better mental image of mac on a little motorbike with sid riding pillion, jumping fences and stuff, a la wallace and gromit :D i actually preferred that mental image, it was hilarious :lol:
...:guffaw:

to me the clash are more punk, really, they were far more... er... i dunno, less manufactured. as were buzzcocks, undertones, sham 69 etc. of course the other BIG difference between the clash and the pistols (and arguably the ramones too) was that ...the clash had an actual, genuine *message* and to this day it's probably still one of the most important messages any band has ever delivered.... i loved that they actually *meant it*
Pretty much agree here.

but yes, definitely a pub discussion. you're on, what're you drinking? :D
Excellent :D;). As for drinks, whatever's on offer.

...i got to hold the camera for a bit and look thru it and point at stuff. oh and sit in a massive red 50s cadillac with ray and david davies. that was pretty epic. i <3 the kinks. ha! i'd forgotten all about ME and the K ;)
:rommie:.

And that's insanely cool about the cadillac :p.

As for ME&K, well, still working on that, but not forgotten. I'll call ya :lol:.

thechaoticbox said:
maybe it met a cubs fan in an alleyway on a dark night? :devil::lol:
:lol: Well done.

Back