Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Yay! Love to see her back! :)

Does this mean CMSB is dead? Hmmm...

No, it means that they have more funds available in the budget for actors now that some of those overpaid producers have left and they can replace them with cheaper ones. ;)

So if it was such a bright, wonderful, creative decision to cut AJ and Paget why are all these negotiations going on now to bring them back and restore the team to how it was? Oh that's right maybe because it wasn't such a bright, wonderful, creative decision!! :rolleyes: I would love for all of them to be back and to have the team as it was in the beginning of the season, but it also makes me want to tell Paget and AJ to just continue to move on because they shouldn't have let them go in the first place.

Gotta say I got really freaked out with the beginning sequence of tonight's episode!!! One of the things that scare me the most is to think that there could be someone inside my house.

Don't forget I seem to recall folks blaming the fact that CBS was paying Charlie Sheen so much money they couldn't afford the other shows lol. Well since CBS is trying to use the clause in his contract to get out of not only bringing him back but paying him as well, maybe thats where the influx of funds are coming from. :confused:

Don't forget I seem to recall folks blaming the fact that CBS was paying Charlie Sheen so much money they couldn't afford the other shows lol. Well since CBS is trying to use the clause in his contract to get out of not only bringing him back but paying him as well, maybe thats where the influx of funds are coming from. :confused:

I thought about that too lol. But, they could be considering letting JJ/AJ come back because ratings may have gone down too, I dunno.

I liked las night's episode. It was scary and I loved the opening with part of the team hanging out. Even though I prefer JJ and Emily, Seaver is not a bad character. She's actually a pretty good one and I like the relationship she has with Rossi and Hotch as mentor/student. I wonder what her status will be if AJ and Paget do come back.

So now I'm wondering what's up with Strauss, hmmm...

TOP RATED SHOWS WEEK OF 3-20
5..Criminal Minds..13,727
TOP RATED SHOWS WEEK OF 3-21
[Nothing Listed]
TOP RATED SHOWS WEEK OF 4-3
11..Criminal Minds..13,048
TOP RATED SHOWS WEEK OF 4-10
8..Criminal Minds..14,081

Well we know Joe M. is staying he said so on his twitter, and from what I understand Matthew is still under contract, the only two in negotations on the show currently is Thomas and Shemar.

Deadline.com maybe the same story given already. (The skips inbetween are not apart of the story just skipping to the next part of it by me)

"Potential great news for Criminal Minds fans: Co-star A.J. Cook is in talks to return to the CBS crime drama next season as a regular, and she may be joined by Paget Brewster. Meanwhile, executive producer Ed Bernero, who has run the series since the start, is leaving, with another Criminal Minds veteran, executive producer Erica Messer, taking over as the sole showrunner.
<skip>
Speaking of Brewster, she is filming a comedy pilot for NBC, My Life As An Experiment, and will continue on the project if it goes to series. But if it doesn't, I hear Criminal Minds producers ABC Studios/CBS Studios have an option on her for the show and, if they exercise it as many expect, that would bring the cast of the show back to the way it was at the end of last season.
<Skip>
While things look bright for the female portion of the Criminal Minds cast, things are still murky on the male side, with stars Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore still not signed for next season. Talks are under way with the two actors, whose deals are up at the end of this season."

^^^ That was brought to you by a link on JM's Twitter posted today.

Posted on AJ's Twitter is this
-Dear food poisoning, Thanks for spending the night with me. It was oh so fun. Those memories will last a lifetime. May we NEVER meet again.

Other then that the actors really are not confirming anything at this point, other then Joe who says he is staying. Thomas does admit he and shemar are in talks with the show, and I think it was Joe that said that Matthew was still good too. Paget nor AJ have anything really about it on their pages though I didn't look to far down, to confirm or deny they are in talks.

Very good episode last night.I also found scary that someone may attack me at my own house so the case got to me.I suspected the step mother abused the unsub at some point and it was glad to see that she was actually a good person.And for the first time,I cared about Seaver.She was pretty convincing with the unsub and I liked her chemistry with Rossi.

My favorite part was Morgan ,Garcia,Reid and Seaver at the movies.I agree with Garcia,becouse I will not be scared with Morgan at my side ,even at a dark alley.:lol:

And I am so happy to hear that JJ and Emily may come back.

Hey, hey now.

She also confirms it on her twitter page.
-JJ's back! Just signed 2 year deal. Excited to work with cast and crew again. Thanks to all of you!

Great news to hear JJ is coming back :bolian: it was a great loss when she left.
I do think that Ashley Seaver is a great new addition to the team as a replacement for Prentiss, whom i hope will come back :)
Criminal Minds is another one of my favourite programmes next to CSI. However i do not like the spin off Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour the cast is too different.

Interview Thomas Gibson. I always find it so amusing that he is such a funny guy. You get used to Hotch being so serious all the time.​

Whether on the slopes of North Lake Tahoe or the set of Criminal Minds, Thomas Gibson keeps his focus
By Hudson Morgan​

ON MOST DAYS, Thomas Gibson can be found in climates of surf (Los Angeles, where he stars in the G-man drama Criminal Minds) or turf (San Antonio, where his wife and three kids live). Today, however, he’s on snow, schussing his way down a black diamond at Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort in a pair of fold-up Persol sunglasses—Steve McQueen on skis.​

Not that the former Dharma & Greg star is taking it too seriously: When a dude in a vintage teal snowsuit glides by us, Gibson can’t help but joke, “The Stein Eriksen onesie—that’s the look you want.” A few hours—and more than a few trips up and down the mountain—later, Watch! sat with the 49-year-old actor at The Ritz-Carlton’s slopeside restaurant, Manzanita, for an après-ski interview.​

WATCH!: What’s San Antonio like? It’s not too hard-core Sovereign Republic of Texas, right?
THOMAS GIBSON: It’s not. There are bumper stickers in Austin that say “Keep Austin Weird.” San Antonio’s is “Keep San Antonio Lame.” [Laughs.]​

WATCH!: Have you been to Lake Tahoe before?
THOMAS GIBSON: I skied here 12 years ago, and the last time I was here it was 5 degrees and the people I was with insisted on eating lunch outside.​

WATCH!: We’ll stay inside today. So, Criminal Minds: sixth season, 15 million viewers a week. Not too shabby.
THOMAS GIBSON: God, it’s amazing, isn’t it? You give us 42 minutes, we’ll get you your unsub [short for “unknown subject” of an investigation]. It’s all about putting the world right every week and getting your guy. Also, never underestimate the American public’s taste for murder and mayhem.​

WATCH!: Did you ever think it would be this big?
THOMAS GIBSON: It was a good pilot, but you never know. We were put up against Lost, which was great because we were not expected to do anything but finish second. Which we did.​

WATCH!: I think they call that the soft bigotry of low expectations.
THOMAS GIBSON: [Laughs.] It’s the key to success in everything! My golf game, skiing and my wife might say my marriage.​

WATCH!: What does your wife do?
THOMAS GIBSON: She’s finishing her master’s while juggling home, hearth and three kids. She’s interested in an emerging field called somatic psychology. She promises that she’ll explain it to me! [Laughs.] All I know right now is it seems to be a nexus of all her interests.​

WATCH!: Do you let your children watch Criminal Minds?
THOMAS GIBSON: Noooo, they’ve never seen it. They’re 11, 8 and 6. Maybe when they’re 40. We were watching the bad Michael Bay movie—that’s redundant!—Transformers. And one of the characters said, “Bros before hos.” And I said, “You know what? This is not appropriate.” But some of my kids’ friends come up to me and say, “I saw your show!” And I say, “Well, I certainly hope you didn’t, because that’s not OK.”​

WATCH!: ”And, uh, stay away from my children.”
THOMAS GIBSON: Exactly. Even my wife finds it very disturbing. She’s seen a few but not many. Johnny Depp said he’s doing all these parts for his kids, which is really cool, and I miss being able to do things my kids can watch. But I do a lot of traveling through airports and there are lots of people who watch Criminal Minds. It’s amazing.​

WATCH!: What kind of things do people say to you?
THOMAS GIBSON: I get a lot of “Best show on television,” which is really nice. I used to get a lot of, “How’s Dharma?” Even after the fact, for a while, even into the first couple seasons of this. [Former Criminal Minds star] Mandy Patinkin told a very funny story of being on an airplane and somebody saw him as they were passing by his row and without breaking stride they said, “I’ve enjoyed most of your work.” [Laughs.] Like, did you really have to slip the knife in there so quickly?​

WATCH!: Hilarious. Do you ever get anything like that?
THOMAS GIBSON: People do say, “What were you thinking, really, with Flintstones? Really? Psycho Beach Party? Really?” You know, they were both funny scripts! And they have their moments. The problem is, I grew up doing theater, and when the play’s over, it’s over. It disappears forever. These don’t.​

WATCH!: For better or worse.
THOMAS GIBSON: Residuals help keep my kids in school, but if there’s a bad one, you know it’s going to be around forever.​

WATCH!: Are you leaning toward film or TV next?
THOMAS GIBSON: I feel like I’ve missed so much of my kids that continuing with this series for a little while longer would be OK, but if I did another TV series, they’d be gone. I have a short I want to direct based on this very bizarre Nicholson Baker short story called “Subsoil” about killer potatoes. It’s great.​

WATCH!: How much do you miss doing comedy?
THOMAS GIBSON: We have a table read before we start shooting every show and it’s the only time we read it front to back out loud, and it’s always so depressing. It’s like, “Wow, do we really have to do that? Can’t we maybe do a bedroom farce this week?”​

WATCH!: But you did recently beat out 63 other nominees for Entertainment Weekly’s Underappreciated Entertainer of the Year Award.
THOMAS GIBSON: I was overwhelmed to be so underappreciated! [Laughs.] Procedurals—and ours is a procedural with a twist, with a little bit more character development—are traditionally ignored by any of the awards stuff anyway. It would be nice to get the recognition, but it doesn’t break anyone’s hearts that we don’t. It’s all gravy.​

So glad AJ Cook is coming back. On the fence about Paget Brewster...While I'd love to see her back, I'd hate to wish her new pilot My Life As an Experiment bad luck.

Back