Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters
A+ "Connect me through to the NYPD Crime Lab and Jo Danville" - Mac has really accepted Jo as his second in command, and probably the CSI he works closest with. I LOVE Sela Ward's longer hair, she's an amazing actress. The storyline was strong, probably the best of the season, and Lindsay is less whiny than last episode.

"CSI:Miami" has nothing on "CSI:NY". I hope this show goes on for a long long time.
I agree that her hair does look better longer. She looked a little severe before.

Sela Ward kind of looks like Mariska Hargitay, my other crush! :D

I agree that her hair does look better longer. She looked a little severe before.

At one point, she reminded me of the time she portrayed Lily Manning on Once And Again, about ten years ago. She definitely looks younger. Oh, she's great.

Oh, and I loved Flack saying "Wow... I don't think the elevator goes to the top floor, if you know what I mean."

I liked it Mac and his caring ways for Tessa, a remarkable memory. He remembered everything she told him. The creepy underground shrine. So she was killed because she saw too much that she shouldn't have seen. How they kidnapped Mac, and the last scene with Mac in the morgue, "She was my friend" I shed tears. Good episode:bolian:

A+ because Mac Taylor rocked this episode and didn't annoy me with his sometimes very righteous attitude. Also, I liked seeing him in a more vulnerable position rather than having him act as an immortal superhero.

I enjoyed the whole episode very much and the locations were very well chosen. The set designs were very beautiful and contributed to that typical dark CSI: NY feeling that existed in the beginning of the show.

As usual I can't help but to point out how enormously annoyed I was by Lindsay again. Her "You are gross" and "You are obsessed with baseball" lines to Danny made me roll with my eyes. They either provide a whole episode full of (unnecessary) Danny/Lindsay moments or none at all. If it really has to be, I'd much rather take them in smaller and more subtle doses.

I had to laugh out loud when Hawkes examined the evidence in his usual overdoing kinda way and one of his eyes were shown through the magnifying glass. To me his character is not only needless like Lindsay but I also consider Harper a talentfree actor. His exaggerating 'acting' reminds me more of comical theater play than anything else. He is trying too hard which makes it even more irritating.

Kate Towne as Tessa James was really great. She is a very beautiful actress and portrayed her character in a believable way. I would have loved to see more of her because she was so much fun to watch.

I gotta admit that I stopped focusing too much on each story line otherwise I'd find any kinda inconsistency again which would pretty much spoil the whole episode for me.

Last edited:
I gave it an A-, because it kept me entertained even if it wasn't the most original plot (or plot twists) ever. After all, there's only so many ways to tell a 42 minute murder-mystery story, right? It might have been a plain A, except that one thing really bothered me. "Comiskey".

Mac is from Chicago, as am I, and anyone who is from Chicago would immediately think "Park" after "Comiskey". The White Sox played in old Comiskey Park from 1910 to 1990. The current stadium was the 'New Comiskey' for 12 years (1991-2003), and colloquially is still called that. The minute I saw Comiskey it was "Park -- baseball -- White Sox...wait, how does that connect?" Trust me, you do not need to be Danny Messer to connect Comiskey to Park to the White Sox, and it was not self-evident immediately that it had anything to do with the "Black Sox" due to the longevity of the name Comiskey Park. That said, having Danny know that George "Buck" Weaver was the third baseman made me chuckle (though, no mention of Comiskey's incredible unpopularity with his players or the fact that Weaver refused to actively participate in 'throwing' the Series but was banned for knowing about it). Danny is so the type that would know that.

Still, the Comiskey thing rankled. It'd be like having "Shea" show up on the candy wrapper and none of the New Yorkers think "Stadium". Did the writer forget Mac was from Chicago? At least with Wrigley a non-Chicagoan might think 'Gum' but Comiskey? Pretty much only known as a baseball stadium. I'm not from Boston, but I'd recognize "Fenway". I know it's a little thing, so I didn't take much away from the overall grade, but it did bother me.

A freakin' +!!!!!!

I haven't felt this good about an episode in a long time! (although i'm sure only talkingtocactus will understand if i say i heard that in saul's voice ;) )

A+ because Mac Taylor rocked this episode
YES!!! :D ok, i know i'm biased when it comes to Mac/Gary, but he really was amazing! The writers actually gave him decent material, and it being Gary, delivered in serious style! and looking damn good too :drool::devil::drool:

Also, I liked seeing him in a more vulnerable position rather than having him act as an immortal superhero.
*can simply nod agreement* Mac can get injured, kidnapped, etc all the time if i had anything to with it :devil:

I enjoyed the whole episode very much and the locations were very well chosen. The set designs were very beautiful and contributed to that typical dark CSI: NY feeling that existed in the beginning of the show.
Yep. I've seen a couple people mention it felt more of a throw back to s1, and a wiser direction couldn't be taken. I've been watched A LOT of s1 recently, and there isn't anything since that can compare, and the locations and look and focus of the city was a huge part of that.

As usual I can't help but to point out how enormously annoyed I was by Lindsay again. Her "You are gross" and "You are obsessed with baseball" lines to Danny made me roll with my eyes.
oh god yes! I mean, has she completely forgotten that he was a promising minor league shortstop! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had to laugh out loud when Hawkes examined the evidence in his usual overdoing kinda way and one of his eyes were shown through the magnifying glass. To me his character is not only needless like Lindsay but I also consider Harper a talentfree actor. His exaggerating 'acting' reminds me more of comical theater play than anything else. He is trying too hard which makes it even more irritating.
I am soooooo glad someone else thinks that Harper is lacking in the talent department (@talkingtocactus, that was in lee voice, and instead of brain department btw [/lost])

But yeah, i totally loved this ep, and it ranks up with my all time favs!! :hugegrin::hugegrin::hugegrin:

Sorry I couldn't write more and analytically, but i still go into complete *meltdown* mode whenever i start thinking about it, and my typing skills become essentially non-existent...! :devil: :angel:

Last edited:
I haven't felt this good about an episode in a long time! (although i'm sure only talkingtocactus will understand if i say i heard that in saul's voice ;) )

i got it - and i agree :)

I am soooooo glad someone else thinks that Harper is lacking in the talent department (@talkingtocactus, that was in lee voice, and instead of brain department btw [/lost])

ugh, yeah, he sounds more preachy by the day, even if he's just saying something mundane and evidence related he sounds like he's lecturing a child who's just been found doing something it shouldn't:rolleyes:

haha yeah, i totally read it in lee's voice, after all you're not the only one around here can cook stuff up :)

As usual I can't help but to point out how enormously annoyed I was by Lindsay again. Her "You are gross" and "You are obsessed with baseball" lines to Danny made me roll with my eyes.
oh god yes! I mean, has she completely forgotten that he was a promising minor league shortstop! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha yeah, how the hell could lindsay not know that, since most of us remembered it quite clearly?

also that whole baseball thing kind of bothered me when they were discussing the baseball scandal, because they managed to be supremely thick.

firstly they said "comiskey" and i instantly said to myself (and probably to jade_nolan on skype too) "white sox" - so it's hardly a leap, they go together about as automatically as bread and butter (ha, get the linguistics student in the house!!), so how the hell it took them that long to get to it is a mystery to me, especially as mac is supposed to be (like gary) from chicago.

and then they actually referred to "the chicago black sox" as if it were a team (danny said "weaver - 3rd baseman for the chicago black sox") but ONLY the 8 team members involved in match fixing were actually referred to as black sox, the team they played for was the white sox. you'd think gary would know that even if no one else did. hell, *i* knew! it can't be that obscure! it's also fairly widely recorded because it was so closely linked to some of the extremely prominent gang members who hung around with and/or were rivals of capone, like rothstein. as per here: black sox. danny as a character really should've known too. i realise it's probably a writers' error but gary should've used some kind of producer's veto to get that right :(

ok so here were my other thoughts:

it was really lovely to see mac so central - i know a lot of people dislike it but like it or not gary is the big name and should get episodes to himself once in a while. and this was one of the better ones.

i agree that it was very reminiscent of s1, and also s2 - the scene with jo and flack talking to him after he was back in the lab was very smilar to the one where stella was talking to him after he escaped the bombed building in charge of this post, and getting a bit of vulnerability back was definitely a nod to those earlier season i think. it worked well.

and omg he looked GREAT :drool::drool::drool::drool:

other somewhat random thoughts scribbled down as i watched so they'll be in approx chronological order but not necessarily coherent - especially after that shot of mac just after he escaped rendered me pretty much incapable ;)

• mac's escape - all very A team, i half expected him to build a tank out of his shirt or something :D

• the girl, tessa, looked a bit like peyton. maybe only in one shot but it was definitely there.

• the thing sid said about the injection being in her left arm and her being left handed, which he believed totally ruled out it being her own work. not necessarily. that kind of bothered me a little. it's a fairly obvious mistake.

• danny & lindsay processing together - bleugh

• i liked the conversation where jo said mac always told people not to use their hearts and he said his gut was different - that was very much in character for both and it worked.

• hawkes - yawn.

• flack's "wooooah" was absolute genius, it sounded straight from bill & ted or something :D

• "with kidnapped mac and puzzle solving brainy mac they are really spoiling us!" :D

• i wrote "lindsay, stop trying to diss my project and STFU" - i think i was talking about mac but i'm not sure, i think there was a look he gave her that seemed to say that.

• oh look, lindsay to the rescue *sarcasm sign* - i think that was when lindsay said about the news clippings "she might have been looking for her dead friend?!" or something like that, as if it was some serious revelation, like she'd just had her eureka moment. er, lindsay, most of us got there several minutes ago, try to keep up.

• flack's comment on the amount of sex going on at the club was quite funny :)
er so yeah that was it. basically i was pretty preoccupied with just dribbling because mac was looking so good but even so it's the best episode they've done in a pretty long time, at least a season, probably longer. i just wish i could have confidence that this was how they'll continue but i have a horrible sinking feeling they won't maintain it.

so for me it's an A - if it was all mac it'd get the A+ (and gary definitely gets that for his fabness), but the baseball thing pissed me off because it's pretty elementary and they really should've known and the dejected feeling that this was, to quote sick boy from trainspotting (again) "merely a blip in an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory"

Last edited:
A+ because Mac Taylor rocked this episode and didn't annoy me with his sometimes very righteous attitude. Also, I liked seeing him in a more vulnerable position rather than having him act as an immortal superhero.

Mac's righteous attitude never annoyed me. I think it's his flaw. I like that he's not perfect.

[*]the girl, tessa, looked a bit like peyton. maybe only in one shot but it was definitely there.

I thought that's one of the reasons why Mac was kind of attached to Tessa.

it was really lovely to see mac so central - i know a lot of people dislike it but like it or not gary is the big name and should get episodes to himself once in a while. and this was one of the better ones.

I don't mind Mac episode. I actually like many of them ('Blink,' 'What You See,' 'Manhattan Manhunt,' 'Snow Day,' 'The Thing About Heroes,' 'Yahrzeit,' 'Blacklist,' and many others). I guess it just depends on the writing.

Last edited:
Did you guys notice that Mac wore the same shirt for the entire episode? This supposedly took place over roughly three days and he wore the same pin-striped blue shirt all the time, even after he'd been kidnapped. I know there's a bit of a budget crunch but seriously, it can't be that bad.

and then they actually referred to "the chicago black sox" as if it were a team (danny said "weaver - 3rd baseman for the chicago black sox") but ONLY the 8 team members involved in match fixing were actually referred to as black sox, the team they played for was the white sox. you'd think gary would know that even if no one else did. hell, *i* knew! it can't be that obscure! it's also fairly widely recorded because it was so closely linked to some of the extremely prominent gang members who hung around with and/or were rivals of capone, like rothstein. as per here: black sox. danny as a character really should've known too. i realise it's probably a writers' error but gary should've used some kind of producer's veto to get that right :(

The term "Black Sox" actually pre-dates the scandal, and was widely applied to the team as a whole. Prior to the Series-fix-scandal, the name was a reference to the almost invariably filthy uniforms sported by the White Sox because Comiskey refused to pay for the uniforms to be washed, making his players do so instead. His players were already the worst-paid in the league (Joe Jackson made $3,000 per year -- I think about $55k in today's money!) because Comiskey was a stingy so-and-so and most did not pay for washings between every game. Hence, the team began to be called the 'Black Sox'. Now, whether the writer knew that or not, I have no idea. But Danny's use of the name could work in that sense or in the general usage/colloquial sense. Everyone associated with that team, but especially the eight banned players, are generally termed the 'Black Sox', at least in my experience.

Still, jumping straight from Comiskey Park to Black Sox was a stretch. Like I said, a Comiskey Park was home to the White Sox for 93 years :eek:. Charles Comiskey was a major figure in baseball, known for a lot more than the Black Sox, and inducted into the HoF in 1932. A few more connections, maybe something about a scandal or wait until after the George Weaver (banned in 1920, so always a 'Black Sox') reference, would have made more sense. Unless Danny has super!secret! powers to understand crazy women who put everything in code?

It was an ok episode. I rolled my eyes when they revealed that the person who was tied up was Mac. Only super Mac would find something in 5 seconds to free himself.

Loved Flack's joke about the elevator not going to the top floor.:lol:

Mac sorry to burst your bubble but Tessa was two donuts short of a dozen.

My man Hawkes looked fine as usual:drool:.
Everything else was just blah to me.

The term "Black Sox" actually pre-dates the scandal, and was widely applied to the team as a whole. Prior to the Series-fix-scandal, the name was a reference to the almost invariably filthy uniforms sported by the White Sox because Comiskey refused to pay for the uniforms to be washed, making his players do so instead. His players were already the worst-paid in the league (Joe Jackson made $3,000 per year -- I think about $55k in today's money!) because Comiskey was a stingy so-and-so and most did not pay for washings between every game. Hence, the team began to be called the 'Black Sox'. Now, whether the writer knew that or not, I have no idea. But Danny's use of the name could work in that sense or in the general usage/colloquial sense. Everyone associated with that team, but especially the eight banned players, are generally termed the 'Black Sox', at least in my experience.

Still, jumping straight from Comiskey Park to Black Sox was a stretch. Like I said, a Comiskey Park was home to the White Sox for 93 years :eek:. Charles Comiskey was a major figure in baseball, known for a lot more than the Black Sox, and inducted into the HoF in 1932. A few more connections, maybe something about a scandal or wait until after the George Weaver (banned in 1920, so always a 'Black Sox') reference, would have made more sense. Unless Danny has super!secret! powers to understand crazy women who put everything in code?

ah, fair enough - i've only ever heard 'black sox' in relation to those 8 but i suppose it's more widely used too - i jumped immediately from comiskey to white sox but yeah, like you said, to go straight to black sox would be more of a leap.

anyway, either way i bet lindsay saved the say somehow ;)

I rolled my eyes when they revealed that the person who was tied up was Mac. Only super Mac would find something in 5 seconds to free himself.

yeah, even i did - like i said it was all very a team ish. i would've loved to see him make some kind of automatic weapon from part of his shirt and a rock or something. to music, obviously.

Did you guys notice that Mac wore the same shirt for the entire episode? This supposedly took place over roughly three days and he wore the same pin-striped blue shirt all the time, even after he'd been kidnapped. I know there's a bit of a budget crunch but seriously, it can't be that bad.
errrr, no he didn't actually... he wore three different ones actually... the dark stripey one, the dark maroon/red one, and a brighter blue one.

errrr, no he didn't actually... he wore three different ones actually... the dark stripey one, the dark maroon/red one, and a brighter blue one.

I agree also I noticed he wore atleast 2 different shirts. ;):drool: I must have been distract cause I didn't notice the third one! :lol::lol::lol: *headslap*

A definatly
A great ep with lots of Mac in it. I liked Mac getting kidnapped but the kidnappers could have done a bit more to him. I mean he got out of it pretty quick. As soon as I saw the guy with the hood in the back of the car i thought something looked a bit Macish. Turned out it was his shirt. I rewatched the ep and was wondering why my friend, who I recently got addicted to CSI:NY because she sad it was bad, couldnt figure out it was Mac because she saw the last 6 seasons last week.
I didn't give it an A* because there wasn't nearly enough Adam for my liking but the rest was good. Also I didn't like how Mac asked for Jo on the phone. I get that she's second in comand but surely FLack or Danny would've been better.
I loved Flack's joke about the elevator not going to the top floor.
I think because Tessa was OCD maybe they could've brought Adam's possible OCD into it.
I loved it when Tessa said "She's not hurt. She's dead."
I thought the sets were brilliant and it definatly reminded me more of season 1 and I liked the grimier side of new york being shown again.

All in all a sweet episode that I would like to see more of.

P.S Does anyone know if Peyton is coming back soon. My friend keeps bugging me about it.

Back