Grade 'The Untouchable'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Feb 25, 2011.

?

How would you grade The Untouchable

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Last new episode this month. Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It was nice of the writers to remember that that Danny loves baseball, some continuity for once.

I didn't think the episode was all that, but it was fairly good.

Once again something happened in the past that never heard about until now. They really need to stop doing that.

3. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I greatly enjoyed this episode and gave it an A+. It held my attention the whole way through, was visually appealing(different than the last few blah episodes), twisty storyline. And of course loved Mac being the center of the episode.

I found Jo's and Lindsey's ramblings a little annoying in the interrogation scene, and the Danny/Lindsey stuff does nothing for me. Also as for Mac claiming the body, sure it was nice of him. But not very Mac-like, I see that more as a Horatio move. But that's just me.

Also the license plate impression was far-fetched and I didn't think it added much to the story. However, I got distracted during that part of the show when my mom spilled lemonade on herself and her chair and she screeched.

I think if the writers spent more time writing good episodes like this, the viewers would watch more.

Another drawback, Adam was barely on, but I can deal with that for more Mac time. Gary looked quite nice throughout the show, which was great.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Anyone here felt it's like a season 1 episode? I thought it was gritty. Finally, NY deals again with a case involving a homeless and/or mentally challenged person. The episode has a great mystery. The first 30 minutes was kind of slow but as the story unfolds, I became more and more interested.

The ending was sad. Mac came back to Tessa's home to find any evidence that might prove she really was Tessa. Sadly, he didn't find any. But instead, he found an article about himself. That's a nice nod to 'Snow Day.'

I :lol: a little bit when Lindsay said Danny is so obsessed with baseball!

I give this episode an A even if the murdered witness storyline isn't so original.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What was the thing in the past that we never heard about before? The meeting with Tessa? (I still can't hear that name without my mind going to Highlander mode lol)

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

A-

I missed a bit in the middle, but I liked everything else that I saw.

A problem I do have with the show is using characters that the CSIs have a history with, but the audience has no clue who they are. TPTB need to bring back Louie, Sam, and Peyton. ;)

7. MacsGirlMel

Wait, who's Sam?

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Sam is Flack's sister.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Flack's sister.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The episode was pretty good. The end was a bit corny, but it was a nice sentiment. It would have had more impact if we'd seen Tessa before, but I get why that's not always possible. *shrug*

Sela looked amazing (moreso than usual, I mean ;)), and I love her quirky little bags. I had to make a new icon. *sigh* I loves me some Jo. ♥

I can't believe they had Jon Fleming on this show and kept his shirt on. FOR SHAME! :p

(Also, Mac/Flack/Jo remains my OT3 4lyf. :devil:)

11. MacsGirlMel

Yeah I realized that just now, LOL...My brain is tired, I think. I was like "oh, DUHHH!"

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

B-

A decent episode, but not very memorable. And I don't know why Mac kept insisting the girl wasn't delusional. There was obviously something very off about her.

Yeah.... that's annoying when done poorly.

13. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

A+ "Connect me through to the NYPD Crime Lab and Jo Danville" - Mac has really accepted Jo as his second in command, and probably the CSI he works closest with. I LOVE Sela Ward's longer hair, she's an amazing actress. The storyline was strong, probably the best of the season, and Lindsay is less whiny than last episode.

"CSI:Miami" has nothing on "CSI:NY". I hope this show goes on for a long long time.

14. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree that her hair does look better longer. She looked a little severe before.

I guess it is what tv shows like to do. Start a strong female character with short hair then let them evolve. Stana Katic looks much better this season of Castle since he hair is longer. She looked mean in season 1 with short hair.

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I thought it was a good strong episode. As someone has already said it reminded me of earlier seasons.

I liked the way Jo questioned Mac about how he knew Tessa - there is something very personable about her and Sela plays her fantastically.

Loved Flacks line about the amount sex in the VIP room.

Is it just me or has Carmine lost weight lately? He is looking a bit skinny - not that he was ever chunky.