Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
I was worried about the show focusing on Lindsay bonding with the rape victim because I don't think Anna has had a good track record with those types of scenes - but it worked out pretty well. I liked the scene with Jo and Lindsay. I LOL'd when Lindsay took that girl down - I wasn't watching closely, did she yank her down by the hair? Hardcore.

Pole dancing is good cardio, Flack? :lol: (I can only assume Jo has been making him learn how to pole dance for her. ;) ;) ;))

It's not that I necessarily disagree with Mac's statement at the end (to be honest, I'm not sure who I do or don't agree with), but does he always have to get in the last word? :shifty:

For Lindsay lovers this episode was a REAL TREAT! Our fav got to shine and she CERTAINLY DID in fine fettle (taking that female boxer down, ohhh what a spunky thing she IS- Lucy is going to be quite the street savvy girl if Lindsay has anything to do about it LOL!) too, I might add. The lawyer being a villainess was a fine touch and quite a surprise too. I can really say that NY was a great watch for me tonight. Kudos to Anna for an excellent job. Glad to see that Carmine is looking healthier than he has in past episodes- the last one I saw, Party World had me worried about his weary, gaunt appearance ( I thought that marriage was supposed you happy- I sure hope our favorite guy is doing well in his private life!)

Again, thanks to all of the NY cast-(still turning away from the TV when Sela comes into view... not withstanding) for a fine job well done.

B+.

What an improvement over the past few episodes. While the episode had some similarities to past episodes ("Commuted Sentences" and "Enough") I have to make a confession and say that Anna/Lindsay didn't bother me during tonight's episode. At all. And that should be completely shocking to many of you, lol. :lol:

I think this was a good episode that showcased Lindsay and gladly it didn't have to do with any of the Danny/Lindsay romance gimmicks (love! marriage! baby in the baby carriage! ;)). If TPTB decide to do another episode where Lindsay features prominently I hope they remember that the Lindsay character works best as a CSI, and not some lame relationship plot device that has ruined Danny Messer for the past few years.

Casting department did a nice job with finding its guest stars this week. And while I love me some Sela/Jo, I'm glad she didn't get too much focus this week. I've been reading a lot on how people think she's hogging up screen time and how she comes across as the know-it-all of the show (which I completely disagree with, but I digress). Hopefully those certain people were happy tonight. ;)

And while I love me some Sela/Jo, I'm glad she didn't get too much focus this week. I've been reading a lot on how people think she's hogging up screen time and how she comes across as the know-it-all of the show (which I completely disagree with, but I digress). Hopefully those certain people were happy tonight. ;)
What she did have was good, though. (You know I loves me some Sela/Jo too. :adore:)

I thought it was very good and gave it an A.

Does anyone know the name of the group who did the song at the beginning? Part of the lyrics were "all over again".

I Googled some of the lyrics and found it: it's called "She's Long Gone" by The Black Keys.

C because the Flack/Messer moments made up for an otherwise very tiresome episode.

The case was alright, but Belknap just doesn't do it for me as an 'actress'. Putting aside my personal feelings, I know she also should get at least one episode per season that is focused on her as she does have a fanbase after all. From a creative point of view though, her portrayal was rather onesided and everything but believable to me. Trying to show Lindsay as a strong woman who knocks someone stronger and taller than her out didn't work for me either. Her constant "I'm a cop" statement annoyed me quite a lot, because she's first and foremost a crime scene investigator whose workplace is mostly in the lab and not on the streets. As a huge NYPD admirer, I personally considered it rather insulting to all those real and hard-working cops in the field who constantly risk their lives and clear a crime scene before the CSIs get to work. She is not a cop but a crime scene investigator, there is a BIG difference!

The guest-stars were great especially Eve Mauro. She reminded me a bit of Vanessa Ferlito aka Aiden Burn and would be a terrific replacement for Anna Belknap. She came off as a very captivating actress, I enjoyed her temperamental performance and she definitely brought some spice to this episode.

Always love seeing Sid. He's such a lovable character and Robert Joy is just as adorable :)

The choice of music was very good too. Especially the 'New York' song in the beginning.

While I enjoyed the episode I really don't have many comments about it. It was very much like other CSI episodes but that didn't bother me. It was yet another storyline where we can debate who can take a life. In that case, i say let the police deal with perps but to each their own.

I was glad the show was low on Jo. I know a lot of people on here dislike Lindsey but I didn't think she was too bad. But my eyes are always on Mac and Adam anyway ;)

I liked Adam's scenes but didn't like Mac barking at him when he was working on the voice distorter. What did he think he was doing, reliving Home Alone 2 with the Talkboy?!

I thought Gary looked quite nice in the episode too and that always rocks! all in all the episode was good and made me get out of my head(been depressed all week) for an hour anyway.

Please stop trying to "showcase" Anna Belknap's talent. I suspect the writers were aiming for empathetic and conflicted, but what she produced was a noisome clot of self-involvement and wangsty, constipated emo. When talking to a trauma victim, it's not all about you, Lindsay, it really isn't. And you, who had the chance to mete out ultimate justice to the man who terrorized your family, absolutely do not get to sit in high-handed judgment of those who want the same thing. You just don't. Would you have just gone on with your life, utterly unaffected, if Shane Casey had survived to disappear again? You didn't achieve closure and peace of mind until Casey was dead on the nursery floor, and so it was disingenuous of you to stand there and tell Kate that the women had done her no favors by killing her rapist. You know they did. You know they offered her a freedom the half-measure vengeance of the law never could. What they did was wrong, yes, but it will have a positive affect on Kate, who no longer has to fear that her attacker is still out there.

And Mac, I really hate to break it to you, but justice and retribution are the same. Legal justice is the half-measure of acceptable retribution as defined by the law and proscribes the limits of that justice such that society does not descend into chaos as people go about avenging themselves for every slight. It is a necessary conscription against wanton vengeance, but it is wholly unsatisfying when compared to the retribution that is possible when the sterile justice offered by a law of letter and very little spirit is ignored.

So, let us be clear, Mac: you are an arbiter of state-sanctioned retribution. You're just butthurt because the lawyer's idea of just retribution didn't match yours.

Other than Flack getting clocked by Ninja Gaiden in the gym, this episode was dull and self-impressed.

C

The episode was so good! Finally a Lindsay episode. Thanks for the writer for giving Lindsay an episode that will show who she is, what her opinions are. There was also a nice continuation about Jo's FBI days.

Lindsay Price did great too!

This is an A episode. It's almost similar to 'Commuted Sentences' that why I didn't give it an A+.

I LOL'd when Lindsay took that girl down - I wasn't watching closely, did she yank her down by the hair? Hardcore.

:lol: Me too! Ouch for the actress who played Heather. I don't think there was a double.

Back