Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does Eddie look kind of old in these pics?? I mean he still looks sexy as hell but just a lot older than he has looked in past seasons and he's only like 32 yrs old, i dont know maybe its just me. Still love him to pieces!!!!

Is it just me or does Eddie look kind of old in these pics?? I mean he still looks sexy as hell but just a lot older than he has looked in past seasons and he's only like 32 yrs old, i dont know maybe its just me. Still love him to pieces!!!!

I think it's just the hair honestly. Not because I don't like the hair but that's what it seems to me. Other than that he looks pretty much the same which is :drool:!

I think it's just the hair honestly. Not because I don't like the hair but that's what it seems to me. Other than that he looks pretty much the same which is :drool:!

I agree, it's totally the hair, although it is starting to grow on me a little (no pun intended, or is it;)) I think because it's so long compared to before the slightly graying areas look majorly gray

Didn't he and his wife have a baby recently? He looks like a dad that has had a few sleepless nights. Not old...just a bit tired around the edges. The gray sprinkles in his hair are sort of sexy. He's going to look good gray, like Steve Martin and Ted Danson.

Didn't he and his wife have a baby recently? He looks like a dad that has had a few sleepless nights. Not old...just a bit tired around the edges. The gray sprinkles in his hair are sort of sexy. He's going to look good gray, like Steve Martin and Ted Danson.

Yea pretty recently. He's had the grey though, looks good on him; makes him look very distinguished.

Yea pretty recently. He's had the grey though, looks good on him; makes him look very distinguished.

Awe thats so cute i didnt know Eddie became a daddy, good for him. I still completely think he looks as sexy as ever it was just something I noticed but if he has a newborn at home, no wonder he looks a little older and tired.

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2r93yd - John Laroquette as Chief Carver. Mac and Carver meet the press to discuss a case

FightLawyer

CSI NY scene outside NY Supreme Court-can't tell if the police are off duty or actors http://twitpic.com/2r99ni
19 minutes ago via Twitpic

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2r9g4j - My buddy Tony Lo Bianco visits the set
18 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/tv/2010/09/23/15449356.html

'CSI: NY' welcomes new detective
By BILL HARRIS, QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: September 23, 2010 10:54am

Adam Ross (A.J. Buckley), left, and Det. Josephine "Jo" Danville (Sela Ward) try to figure out if what Adam saw was real in an online chat, on CSI:NY, scheduled to air October 1. (Richard Cartwright/CBS)
A.J. Buckley’s character on CSI: New York already is geeky and nervous enough. But the addition of Sela Ward’s character really pushes all his nerdy buttons.

The Canadian Buckley plays lab technician Adam Ross on CSI: New York, which kicks off its seventh season Friday, Sept. 24 on CBS and CTV. New to the cast is Detective Jo Danville, played by Ward.

The first scene featuring Adam and Jo is hilarious.

“Oh, thanks, I still haven’t seen it yet,” Buckley said. “But Pam Veasey (executive producer of CSI: New York) told me after she came from the editing room that it was a great scene.

“How great is Sela, huh? It was sad to see Melina (Kanakaredes) go, but at the same time, Sela has given it a new spin. And going into season seven, you look for things like that.”

Your Comments

'CSI: NY' Season 7 Preview: New Night, New Star ... But Still in New York
by Kelly Woo, posted Sep 23rd 2010 6:00PM
Filed under: FeaturesCelebrity InterviewsFall TV
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
When 'CSI: NY' returns for its seventh season, it'll be the new kid on the block -- the Friday night block. The series has moved from its former Wednesday timeslot to air Fridays at 9PM ET on CBS.

And that's not the only big change to take place: Original star Melinda Kanakaredes, who left the series this summer, is being replaced by Emmy-winning actress Sela Ward. The only thing not changing, it seems, is the location -- still New York, New York.

During a location shoot in Central Park, Ward told us how happy she was to join the veteran hit series. "I'm loving being on the show. I love the character, love Gary Senise, love all of the cast," she said, adding "It's very different for me, so I'd be lying if I didn't say this may be the hardest thing I've ever done ... but slowly but surely, I think I'll get my sea legs."

Ward and Sinise haven't worked together before, though they'd met on the awards circuit (he for 'Truman,' she for 'Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story'). And when the offer to join 'CSI: NY' came in, Ward couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with the fellow Emmy winner.

"I had made a conscious choice not to do a lot of work for a while while my kids were younger and now that they're older, I was just missing it," she said. "And the offer came in and I thought, "You know what? I've never done anything like this. It'll be challenging and I'd love to work with Gary.'"

Still, joining a tight-knit cast that's been together for seven years must've been daunting. "You would think it would, but no," she responded. "And I really attribute that to the generosity and spirit of this cast and the set and trust me, every show is not like that."

The cast and crew have welcomed her with open arms, and co-star Hill Harper gave her a rave review. "It's been great. Sela is a wonderful actress, she has great spirit," he said. "We're kind of a hard-edged New York show and her character brings all this Southern charm which is really lovely."

So new night, new star -- and a whole new energy, Harper noted. "It challenges the writers to have to think more creatively," he said. "You get used to this character does things this way, this character does things that way. Now you have to create a whole new character [and] you have to create a whole new way that different characters interact. It's pretty special."

Ward loves her character, Det. Jo Danville," for "her humor and her smarts. And I think she's a little mysterious and I like that."

Danville is thrust into a case from her very first step -- when she trips over a corpse in the crime lab. "The character hadn't even been written when I got the phone call," Ward revealed. "When Melina decided not to renew her contract, this all went down very quickly. So we talked a little bit about the character and possibilities for the character and then off they went to write. I think I got a script three days before we started shooting, so it was a real fast track. We're still talking about Jo and who is she, and she's still evolving."

In the scene they were filming in Central Park, for episode 8, Ward, Harper and castmate Eddie Cahill discussed the spooky nature of the case under investigation. Ward was still getting used to the technical dialogue and how realistic the show can be. "Some of the scenes in the autopsy room have made me pause, for sure," she said. "They're so realistic looking. I was doing a scene with Bob Joy where we're in the middle of dialogue and he's peeling back the scalp of this man, right off his head. It was pretty disgusting and it was so realistic looking, that I couldn't even look down in the middle of the scene. For real."

Season 7 is already packed with guest stars, including John Larroquette, Edward James Olmos and Thomas Calabro. One guest star that Harper hopes to see? Someone to play his love interest!

"I've been saying this for a long time and it hasn't happened any year I've said it, so I don't want to jinx myself, but I really believe I'm going to get a love interest this year," he said. His dream guest star? "I want Halle Berry but I don't think she's going to do it. She's busy, she's a mom." Or there's his friend, Zoe Saldana. "She's awesome. We've played love interests in two movies, these little independents, one was called 'Premium' and one was 'Constellation.' So we're used to kissing."

During the shoot, tourists in Central Park flocked over to check out the stars doing their scenes. How does Ward feel about becoming part of a hit franchise? "You know I've never been part of anything like that. The shows I've done were always critically acclaimed but they were never demographically [popular] like these franchise is," she said. "So I really don't know what that looks like. It's a different fan base. I guess the closest experience I have with that is 'House,' where I did a recurring role for nine shows. It's a different animal. It'll be fun to see what the response is, if it works and all of that."

Harper, more used to being gawked at by passers-by, said he loves location shoots because they "encourage [fans] to watch ... And at the end of the day, the only reason why we're on the show is because of the fans. The only reason. So whoever's reading this, we owe it all to you."

'CSI: NY' premieres Fri., Sept. 24 at 9PM ET on CBS.

Tags: hill harper, season premiere, sela ward

Shooting CSI: NY - Sep 2010- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LscXUYdWI

CSI:NY 701 CTV promo The 34th Floor - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxyglboPms&feature=player_embedded

BTS Sela Ward - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cXM1Je_qrg

Last edited:
Has there been any mention at all of how the Stella thing is being handled?
Do you mean how they're explaining her absence? They're going to reveal that she moved to New Orleans to run her own lab during the time jump.

Here's the Pam Veasey interview with Fancast that we've been waiting for. :)

‘CSI: NY’ Returns On A New Night, With A New Face And Old Foes

CSI: NY‘ had to rethink its plan for Season 7 when Melina Kanakaredes opted to vacate the role of Stella, setting the stage for Sela Ward (’Sisters’) to join the cast as a new investigator, Jo Danville. That, coupled with a new Friday time slot, presented the CBS crime drama with an opportunity to court first-time viewers while looking at Mac’s team through the new arrival’s eyes. But to do that, at least one planned arc had to get pushed to the backburner.

As ‘CSI: NY’ launches its new season this Friday at 9/8c, executive producer Pam Veasey spoke with Fancast about subbing Sela for Stella, the rough road ahead for Mac (played by Gary Sinise), and a new love story on the horizon.

So here you are, getting ready to tackle a new Friday time slot. Do you plan to make some “noise” to get people’s attention?
When we first were announced for Friday, we were thinking, “Yeah, let’s throw a party!” When I was in college or at school, I was home at Friday night at 9, but I had the TV on as I was getting ready to go out. So, we want to be the show that people are watching before they go out. After all, ‘Miami Vice’ used to keep us home on Friday nights.

Is there a particular theme you’re working off of this season?
We had one, though it changed. Our last-minute cast change kind of uprooted some things we were going to carry over with Danny and Lindsay, and some interesting things with Mac and relationships. But once we got Sela, we decided that with a new person coming in, let’s get to know our people again, through her eyes. So that is sort of our theme.

What sort of journey will Mac be on then?
Mac is going through the “worthy adversary” phase of his career where he goes toe-to-toe with higher ups, formidable criminals, or people who test his judgment – that happens in the top of the season, and then we’ll segue into something else. For example, Edward James Olmos (’Battlestar Galactica’) plays a criminal that Mac put away many years ago, in Episode 4. [Also, five-time Emmy winner John Larroquette will play a Deputy Chief of Detectives with whom Mac butts heads; see news story.] What we had planned [was an arc about] relationships. We had ended last season with Claire Forlani and Madchen Amick [playing love interests Peyton and Aubrey]. Madchen may still recur, but Claire ended up getting a show (Starz’s ‘Camelot’).

As you create Jo Danville, how would you say she differs from Stella in her approach to work?
Stella was a born New Yorker – fast-paced, a very decisive and aggressive thinker, very definitive. Jo is much more psychological and not as forthcoming; she will show it on her face before she gives you an answer. Stella was a lot about the science, the ballistics; Jo is a lot about the victims and what she can perceive. “If I never looked at the science, what I can tell about this person? The soles of her shoes means she walks to work, the fragrance of this girl says a man gave it to her, because it’s floral…” She much more analyzes the personalities. Jo’s also from the South, so she has a different cadence – she’s laid back, she talks slower, and we like that about her. Stella had great humor, but Jo is an initiator – she likes to say things and see what people react to. And Stella was very neat and prepared, but Jo is messy. She’s disorganized, but she is smart.

Do you feel you provide enough closure with regards to Stella? [In the season premiere, it is subtly established that she moved to New Orleans to head a CSI unit there.]
We as writers and producers don’t think so, but we sort of don’t have a choice. We’d love Melina to come back at some point, but I don’t think that’s possible. It’s not impossible, but I don’t think it will happen.

I joked with Gary Sinise that you effectively planted the seed for a new spin-off, ‘CSI: New Orleans.’
We did, didn’t we? We have a very sentimental affection for New Orleans, as a writing staff, and we love Melina and her character, so we thought she should go to the most appropriate place. I did not go to the network or ['CSI' franchise creator] Anthony Zuiker and say, “Can we please start ‘CSI: New Orleans’?” but I do know that when they created ‘New York’ they had considered New Orleans.

What larger purpose might Shane Casey’s reign of terror serve for Lindsay and Danny (Anna Belknap and Carmine Giovinazzo)?
Initially it speaks more to Lindsay and who she’s become, what she feels, and how valuable family is to her. After that, we wrap it up. Edward Furlong (Shane) was great for us for two years, but after Lindsay finds herself, we move on.

Is she off her game at all as a result of what happened?
A tad – not so much with her job but in trying to deal with what occurred [in the season finale/opening scene of Season 7]. But Danny helps her through it.

And Flack (Eddie Cahill), his demons are all behind him? It has been well over a year now since Detective Angell died.
Yeah, he’s over it. We’ve got to get him back to being fun, and maybe find him somebody. Everybody wants a relationship, but we’re going to start with Hill Harper.

Oh, Hawkes is getting some action?
We hope he will. It wont be in the first 10 [episodes], but it will be in the back of the season. Were gonna find him some love!

Source: Fancast

"It wont be in the first 10 [episodes]..." why you have to be like that? :(

Last edited:
Oh dear - "We hope he will" does not bode well. I *hope* it doesn't get pushed aside in favor of other storylines (again)...

I'm definitely looking forward to Sela, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back