Grade 'Blacklist'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 30, 2009.

?

How would you grade Blacklist?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. B

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. C+

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, that's an interesting interpretation. I imagine Stella would definitely want to be respectful of Lindsay since she is Danny's wife. But I do think it's significant that Stella, who is pretty caring, hasn't said anything to Danny on screen.

I do think they're trying to avoid having Danny coddled by the other characters. I imagine we'll see more of how Danny's faring in coming weeks.

2. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

Was an ok epi for me, Nothing so much memorable or thrilling about it.
    I like Mac and I liked to check his past, but, again for once more -actually two in a row- was everything about him...
    Stella/Lindsay scene was nice, Stella always care about the others around her too bad we have seen nothing with her and Danny.
    I hope we will see more Flack arc in next episodes I would like to see more than just a flashback.

I gave the epi an A- just because I am a fun dammit!! :lol:

3. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

It's strange to see same thing differently because when Adam did his "give me five" I thought he did it very high in purpose just to say "get up" like a joke between the two of them and they are really smiling about that especially Danny, I didn't see him annoyed at this moment

About the episode I find all around Mac again and it's really boring now.We have our Super Hero, I didn't even watch the end because I didn't find young Mac really believable they should find someone elso to play the role

I give C

4. symbeline

symbeline Witness

It bored me to tears. Probably the most boring ever.

It's all I can say about the episode

Grade: D

5. CCA

CCA Police Officer

The highlight was that Flack moments. I wasn't to thrilled about the episode, though I thought the beginning was strong enough. I am one of those thoroughly believe we relay on technology wayyyy to much and big brother if wanted to could do a LOT of damage. So to me, it could be believable to a certain degree of what "grave digger" did. There are some talented hackers out there.

They didn't do it to much in this episode but last seasons premier episode they go "we didn't track him, wasn't on the phone long enough" OMG that drives me nuts. It only takes them two seconds to track you. They don't need a minute, they don't need to keep you talking they pretty much have you when you ring in, unless they are bouncing their signal all over the place and you got to be VERY good to do that.

The Flack falling apart, that’s what it did it for me. If I had my fantasy come true this is going to be a whole season thing, but probably not. LOL But a girl can dream, can't she?

6. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I thought the episode was very creepy atomoshere wise with the vicims hearing Grave Digger's voice playing over the phone, GPS, and elevator intercom.

I didn't really see Danny as being all that offened by Adam's 'high five' being too high. Maybe I need to watch the episode again.

It was a little weird that Lindsay was the one to tell Stella about Danny's progress, instead of it being Danny himself. Maybe Stella just didn't know the right way to ask him? Or she was afraid of making him feel uncomfortable.

Deaging Gary Sinse didn't really work all that well cosmetically, but he did do the best he could with what he was given. Though I have to agree it didn't really tie in with the main plot enough to warrent the flashbacks. And as long as they were going through the trouble of having a flashback anyway, why not have Claire tag along to his visit with his parents? That at least would have been interesting.(Though they should save Claire's flashback appearence, if it does happen, for something more important.)

Poor Flack! He tries so hard to pretend everything's fine when it's clearly not. At least we're able to see the train wreck that we know is coming. I hope they don't totally blow this storyline either.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Really didn't like it at all, I found the whole thing too far-fetched and over indulgent.

On the positive side it seems Anna has a new wardrobe person - a definate improvement on the last 2 seasons.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't think Danny was offended by the high five thing--just an awkward moment where he clearly couldn't reach Adam's hand.

9. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Grade = C+.

Despite the heavy tech and lab focus, this still seemed like just an average type of CSI episode. I gave it a plus mainly for the Mac back story.

This is one episode for which it might’ve helped to be unspoiled, especially since the big hook seemed to be learning the identity and motive of the creepy-sounding killer. Since I was spoiled and already knew what was really happening, there wasn’t much mystery or suspense to the story.

And it didn’t help that the motive itself seemed a bit shaky. I can understand why Gravedigger might be angry with the CEO, but why the doctor and technician? It didn’t seem they had much control over what happened with the loss of treatment. And the methods that he used to try to injure and terrorize them seemed like they were hit or miss at best. How could he be certain that the 911 call would be made from the restaurant phone, or that Lisa would travel down the elevator alone? Would he have been able to hijack the call if one of the spectators just called 911 from a cell phone? I don’t know – that part just seemed a bit implausible to me.

I did like some things about the episode. I always enjoy Flack’s interrogation scenes with smart alecky criminals like Willie. Did Willie really say he was smart with “aconyms?” :lol: Flack had some good comebacks as usual. But it’s obvious that he is struggling, and apparently Mac is the only one who notices, so I expect their interaction was more setup for what is to come.

I also liked the flashbacks involving Mac and his parents. It was interesting to see the affection Mac had for his mother and the deep respect (“Sir”) and concern for his father. The one bit of new info I picked up from that conversation was the mention that Claire has/had family in New York. (If this was a soap opera, I’d expect Claire’s evil twin, who looks exactly like her, to show up at any moment and wreak havoc in Mac’s life.) I do wonder if Mac’s mother is still alive and if we will see her or someone from Claire’s family at some point.

Interesting point. I noticed that Stella pulled her hand away quickly as well but thought it was because she had forgotten for a moment that they were at work. Also, near the end of the episode, when Adam was explaining to Mac (on the phone?) how he found Benton, the camera did a quick cut to Stella, who was smiling and seemed to be pleased/impressed by what Adam had done.

I think the writers are being a bit coy with the Adam/Stella thing – probably gearing up for another shocker at some point. My guess is
    that we will find out more about what’s going on with Stella and how Adam fits into the picture in the episode titled “Battle Scars” (6.05?). IIRC, that is supposed to be a Stella-centric episode whose title has a dual meaning. I’m curious to see how they will write Stella in that episode and whether we will see her still having emotional issues because of all the recent trauma.

I noticed that too. He didn't even seem nervous around Mac as usual. Perhaps this is some tweaking TPIC feel they have to do so the pairing (with Stella) doesn’t seem so unequal. Or maybe the writers actually do plan to have Adam evolve and become more mature over the season. Either way, a change in demeanor and behavior (even if temporary) is probably necessary so Adam doesn’t come across as a “victim.”

Danny, Lindsay, and Hawkes had some good moments, but this wasn’t really their episode to shine. I’m sure we’ll see more of their respective issues in the coming weeks.

10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

B-

I'm not entering into details because you've pretty much said it all already. I just found it terribly flat and shallow, without any excitement or surprises. It was Mac-centered, but we didn't get much information about him that we didn't know before. The rest were just over there, being beautiful props except for that mention to Danny making progress. The episode's left me with a question: is it really so easy to access every computer everywhere in the world? I'm not exactly an expert, but I'd say no.

11. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I second these two thoughts!!

I liked the episode better than the opener. Each team member had a hand in solving the case.... The flashback was a bit weak but believable. Claire wants to settle down, but they "just" got married and he's been deployed. Couldn't have been too many moves then...But after 15 years as an Army spouse, I'm reading too much into that.

Looking forward to next week--and glad Flack is getting some story lines! Look like a good set up..

Tobin

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha, i think i said something similar (to myself, or my cats perhaps) - it was quite a funny moment in an untentional way.

it did to me as well, but i can see what others have said about it being an in-joke - i'll have to watch again and make up my mind.

yeah, i agree - the fact i knew what was coming definitely spoilt it a little. normally that's not such a factor for me because the spoilers rarely include who actually dun it, but this was an ep based around suspense, especially the first bit in the car when the gps started talking, i think it would've been far better if it had been a bit creepier, which it would've been if i didn't know already.

the elevator one i definitely agree with, i remember thinking there was no way anyone could be sure it would be that lift and only her in it, although i suppose he could've rigged all of them.

as for the restaurant phone, i assumed he'd hacked a local phone tower so that any phones in the area that dialled any number would fail on the number they wanted and reach him instead. i think that's pretty plausible, or perhaps he'd set up an intercept on calls going to 911 from phones via that transmitter/phone exchange, so that whoever made the call would've got to him.

haha, yeah, i liked "aconyms" :) i think that's right, flack is still showing some humour but definitely seems to be short on patience and the humour seemed much more tense than usual. i hope mac's noticing is preamble to him being involved in the flack storyline :)

:guffaw: that would be brilliant. in a horrible kind of way. i really liked his parental interaction too, it made him seem very young - i suppose most people get a few years younger around their parents, especially in that kind of situation, but it was kind of weird to see mac regressing like that!

yeah, i got that too :) i hope you're right about your thoughts on 607, it will be interesting to see where they take this one.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I missed the high five thing both times I watched the episode - so I just went and found the scene. Danny was smiling even after he looked up and saw Adam's hand way above his head, but either way I don't think it was "insensitive" or anything like that. If anything, it was probably just a bad joke. *shrug* I dunno, I just can't see it being a conscious choice to have Adam be insensitive, or not intentionally so. Everybody seems to be sort of careful when it comes to Danny - Adam seems to be the most...I don't know, he seems to be approaching the situation with humor, which may or may not be a *good* thing, I guess. (I don't think everybody can evade the reality or speak softly and wait for the 'bad' time to pass - if nothing else, I think it's good that Adam is acknowledging that the wheelchair is currently part of Danny and not trying to pretend it doesn't exist, especially if they're currently working closely together in the lab on a daily basis. Maybe that's just me, though - I can't speak from any experience in the matter.)

*shrug* I dunno. If it was insensitive, I think it was a case of Adam doing something he thought was funny (a la pimping Danny's ride last week) that wasn't.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  14. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

2 things: Why WAS it called hangman?

2nd: Did we ever find out if that guy who went into anaphylactic (sp?) shock survived?

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Last mention I heard of him by any of the CSIs was that he was at Trinity General on life support.
    My question: Why didn't the guy have an EpiPen with him?
    Back in the season 3 episode "The Ride-In" Stella used an EpiPen on Sid when he went into anaphylactic shock cause he was allergic to something in the meatball hero sandwich he told Mac about eating. In the CSI: Miami season one episode "Breathless", one of the female suspects carried an EpiPen cause she was allergic to bees.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009