The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

[​IMG]

arrr damn it doesnt work:scream::scream:
    excuse me im off to kill my computer:lol:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Awww, Jacquie, they're adorable! Thanks for sharing the pics :adore:

4. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

Awww the puppies are so cute!

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I just have to tell ya'll this story real quick....(yes, it involves my dogs ;p)

So there was a guy who came to our house the other day, acting very suspicious. He was kind of stalking me and I got really freaked out cos I was the only one home and my Dad was at work at the jail (he's a bailbondsman/bounty hunter) and he'd get home to me in 20 minutes at best...ANYways, in order to get away from the guy, I ran into my house and locked the doors, and got my dogs (Molly, who is a 'white' lab, and Koda, who is a black lab and was trained by a police saregent) out of their crates and got 'em barking.

Koda (who, according to many, has abnormal intelligence) somehow sensed what was up and did NOT leave my side the rest of the day (Even after my Grandpa had chased the creeper man away). He stuck RIGHT next to me, almost like a bodyguard. He patroled (it was so cute) the house periodically, almost like he was checking the house out for me....He barked and barked and barked at the perp, and followed him from the window...They kept me safe and I'm SO grateful :)

6. Jacquie

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Awwwwwww, Jacquie, those puppies can't be any cuter !!!!!! :drool:

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Dog of Richmond SPCA CEO dies after being left in car for 4 hours
    Published: August 26, 2009

A dog belonging to Robin Starr, chief executive officer of the Richmond SPCA, died last week after being left alone for about four hours in her car.

This morning, Starr and her husband, Ed, cried while recounting the story of what happened last Wednesday morning in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch at the SPCA's offices.

Ed Starr said that last Wednesday, as his wife prepared for work, he put the couple's 16-year-old dog into her Volvo station wagon. She often took the dog -- a deaf and blind mutt named Louie -- to work with her, according to the couple. He was her favorite dog, she said.

Robin Starr arrived at work about 8 a.m. without realizing that the dog was in the car, they said. Ed Starr said he forgot to tell her Louie was in her car.

"I just forgot . . . and didn’t think about it until I got this frantic phone call from Robin. I knew immediately what I had done," he said today.

About noon, Robin Starr went to her car to go get lunch, and that's when she noticed Louie in the car. She took the dog inside to the SPCA clinic, then to an emergency veterinary clinic in Carytown. The dog died about midnight of kidney failure, the Starrs said.

“At 16, he just laid down where you put him and didn’t make a peep,” she said. “He never made a peep in the car; he’d just lay there in the back.”

According to the National Weather Service, last Wednesday's temperature in Richmond was 79 degrees at 8 a.m. and had reached 91 by noon.

Tamsen Kingry, the SPCA's chief operating officer, said this morning that "the SPCA board of directors does not waver in its support" of Robin Starr. She has been CEO of the Richmond SPCA since 1997. Starr said she does not plan to resign.

Robin Starr has been an outspoken critic of Michael Vick and his role in a Virginia dogfighting operation, and of several local residents who were charged with animal neglect that led to animal deaths.

9. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

^That story is just....just...I have no words.

Anyway, I'm posting because one of my friends fosters cats as part of her volunteer work. I was at her place when she had a mother cat with four kittens.

Kitties at dinner time :D

I fell in love with this little guy (the dark one with the stripes down his butt :lol:) but there's no way I can keep a cat where I live. My apartment is way too small and there's no where for a cat to run outside. Plus I'm too broke to even think about having a cat. :(

But man, I love that kitty! :adore:

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Jacquie, I absolutely love Gordon catching up on his sleep. He's so adorable. :)

We're worried about Thomas. For those that don't know he's had 2 cancer operations and 2 hernia operations. If the cancer comes back we've already decided that we won't put him through another operation. Right now he's having trouble using his litter box and he's thrown up 3 days in the last week. Calling the vet tomorrow to see what they say since those are the 2 things they ask us about every 3 months when he goes for his check-up. :(

Susan

11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Aww Susan, I'm sorry Thomas isn't well. He looks like a sweet cat. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

12. Jacquie

blackflag I'll keep my fingers crossed for Thomas and his humans and hope everything goes well. If you do have to put him down you've done a wonderful job at giving him a chance. All the best for Monday's call :)

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Thomas has been to the vet. He had a full rectal exam (again!) plus x-rays. There is some inflammation around the small intestine but that's all. Don't know what is causing the inflammation and the vet won't rule out some form of cancer or lymphoma but he wants to wait and see if things change. We're to call back on Thursday or Monday (other vet works Fridays) and tell him how things are going.

And just so you can see her - this is my little princess Pookie (sound asleep on the heater in my room. :lol:). She's getting old, but she is an angel. :)

Susan

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Adorable cats, blackflag! Hope everything works out for Thomas!

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Blackflag, keep us posted on Thomas. I hope he's okay.

One of our local cats is a celebrity, albeit for a terrible reason. Brownie the cat will be on the Today Show this Saturday. He's a miracle cat...came home the other day with an arrow in his head! :( But he's doing fine now, and hopefully the scumbag that did it will be caught soon as the reward for information grows.