CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swede85

Swede85 Dead on Arrival

He does? Have to watch that part of a the trailer a couple more times ;)

Maybe it's the chock talking, but this could explain him getting out of the wheelchair so quickly

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I listened to it twice more, but it still sounds like "feel" to me. But it's hard to tell--the promo won't play properly on my home computer!

Yeah, it's total bummer that there's not one commentary on the set. I wonder if any of the other CSI shows have commentaries this season? The featurettes they have do sound interesting to me, though.

3. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I listen, i can't move my legs

4. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

See?!?!? I told you.

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

It definitely sounds like 'move' to me. Not that I think it makes much difference. Someone not being able to move their legs with no obvious injury directly to the legs implies some sort of sensory damage likely from the spine. Also, just because he says he can't move them, doesn't mean he can feel them. If his spine is damaged it's likely he'll have a degree of feeling loss as well.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: :guffaw: "Sexy Unleashed Beasts". :lol: I love that!

7. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I'm starting to think that we should wait until the episode airs. lol
    how can I be so excited for 5 seconds????

8. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

I was just wondering if this juicy storyline with Danny - at least I hope it's juicy - is a trade off with Carmine for putting up with all the dreadful DL stuff from last series. From what he's said he clearly wasn't particularly happy with the material he was given so pehaps this more 'meaty' storyline is a way of keeping him happy and on-board.

Just a thought....

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Okay gonna try this again :brickwall:
    Gotta love the computer huh??? :mad:

Anyway, so the Adam/Stella thing. To me, the Stella scene looks just like the scene in Right Next Door where she thought the neighbor kid was peeping through the hole in the wall. Adam, well that could be another scene all together and those sneaky producers spliced the scene together to make us go... *OMG* ADAM AND STELLA??? And then of course we'd have to watch. Oh those sneaky producers :shifty:

My favorite Danny storyline was Rikki/Ruben. I love how emotional Danny was when the little boy showed up dead in the morgue. This wheelchair storyline will be just as good. Carmine is great with an emotional Danny. I'm sure Danny is going to feel useless and unworthy of a lot. I can't wait to see how this goes.
    I'm not a fan of 'Danny and Lindsay getting married and having a baby' but it should prove interesting to see Danny again, feel useless to some degree and Lindsay struggle with work, motherhood and a disabled spouse.

The Flack storyline looks promising as well. It's a bummer that they aren't bringing Samantha back. She was AWESOME. Flack and his sister could have helped each other out through the trying times for both of them

Lastly, I would have thought Yahrzeit would have some commentary. I would have loved to have heard what Gary thought about making the episode along with the writers. It was pretty heavy material but they pulled it off. It would have been interesting to have heard what the cast had to say about it.

10. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Let me guess, Ladyhunter, you hit the post button and it said you're not logged in. It does it to me all the time. I have to check the "remember me" box in order for that not to happen.

I went back and listened to the latest promo posted here and Danny says he can't move his legs. Don't know what that translates to medically but it seems to me that can't move would be easier to recover from than can't feel.

ETA: Thanks to those who posted the promos!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It definitely sounds like "move" to me after watching it again.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i'd have loved that too.

as for what on earth danny said, i listened a few times again after reading this debate and i thought he said "feeove" or it might've been "meel" - either way, i couldn't quite tell :guffaw::lol: *

* seriously, i actaully couldn't tell which he said, it sounded like both at once!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

To be fair, I don't think Carmine has said anything that indicates he was unhappy with last season. The only time I've heard him say anything about not agreeing with the way his character was portrayed was in s3 when Danny went to Montana when Lindsay had made no effort, then again last season when he felt that the end of Danny's baseball career should have come across as being much more than just a career move. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. I appreciate that some fans see last season as dreadful in terms of DL but I really haven't gotten that impression from Carmine. That's not to say he doesn't feel that way - maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but it's not something he'd get into discussing imo.

Having said all of that, I've always seen S5 as a transition season for Danny - it was about changing it up but without the usual Danny angst. It was inevitable that there'd be Danny angst this season, most fans love it, the writer's love it and Carmine most definitely loves portraying it. One thing that has always struck me about Carmine in his interviews is how humble he is and how appreciative he is of the opportunities CSI:NY gives him. I'm sure he absolutely prefers playing the gritty stuff rather than the relationship stuff because there's more for him to get his teeth into, but I get the sense he's happy with the opportunities he's been given and understands that the gritty storylines need to be shared around. I missed angsty Danny last season but I understand why they did what they did and how it gives greater fuel to both Danny and Lindsay's storylines in the future - they both have more to lose. But, I was really happy that S5 saw an opportunity for greater development of the other characters. It has sometimes felt in the past that it's only really Mac, Stella and Danny who get the really meaty stuff. It seems as though there's a little more balance now. :)

14. telumadrid

telumadrid Civilian

I'd place a pretty big bet that wheelchair episodes have more to do with practicality than Carmine's preferences. I saw an interview with him where he seemed to imply that his back problems were getting harder to work around. The writers might be giving him a bit of a break from all that chasing and tackling he used to do.

15. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

That was my though too Carmine said his body doesn't allow him to do his own stunt again " he said my body need a break" but Danny couldn't go from chasing and jumping everywhere to nothing during season 5 Angell and Flack did chase instead of him and this story of wheelchair will be the transition to a calm down Danny.

for what he said in the promo for me it's definitly I can't move my legs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.