Eads: I'd Sit For Hours And Draw

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 30, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) has been drawing superheroes since he was a child.<p>Eads started sketching crime fighters when he was growing up in Belton, Texas. "I'd sit for hours and draw faces and figures," the actor told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.redbookmag.com/">Redbook</a>. "I remember one mural I drew that had these guys busting out of the back door of a bank with these crazy looks on their faces, bullets flying out of their guns. One guy was turning around, and Captain America was leaning against a light pole with his finger to his lips going, 'Shhh.' Everything about superheroes is just so bad-ass. My personal favorite is Iron Man."<p>The actor gets his love for art from his family. "My mother and grandmother are and were both great painters, and I took art classes in junior high and high school," Eads explained. "I used to think the best job in the whole world would be to work at Six Flags Over Texas doing caricatures of people. When I would see those dudes draw people, I thought that was the coolest thing. I would watch for hours."<p>Although he never became a caricature artist, Eads did find a use for his artistic talents during one of his old jobs. "I was a junior high school teacher for a year in Waco, TX, and I'd work with special-ed kids," he shared. "I'd draw pictures of superheroes and Xerox them, and the kids loved to color them. In fact, a few years ago I went to the Dominican Republic with a few other celebrities to visit an orphanage, and the kids loved it then too. Some of the celebrities were singing and playing instruments; I started drawing faces, and the kids were just swarming around me. It comes in handy."<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.redbookmag.com/fun-contests/celebrity/what-guys-love-2">Redbook</a>.<center></center>

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

For those that haven't seen George's drawing here is a scan of the article and drawing. Very talented you are George :)

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ wow, he's got a talent for drawing comic characters for sure.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thanks for the link, Jacquie - I was wondering what his drawings looked like. :)

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm impressed. Not only with the drawings but the fact that he taught JR.HIGH for Special needs children. It takes a very 'special' person to do that job.

Good for you George. :D

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm very impressed with his drawings as well as his charity work. We don't hear a lot about George's charity work. Good for him! He's got a good heart that guy in spite of some nasty comments made about him in the last year by certain fans.

Way to go dude!

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What can't this guy do? he's handsome an great actor and a artist too:eek: GO GEORGE:bolian:

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, someone beat me to the scanned article.

I think it's great that he draws and he worked with special ed kids.

I've always wondered what kind of charity work he did. I hope he goes to see some sick kids and draws for them too. If he can do caricatures the kids would probably love him drawing them.

You go George.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Actually, it was speedystokesgirl who first scanned the article in..thanks speedster, you rock!

Especially since Redbook is hard to find in Canada- which happens to be where Jacquie and I are from.;)

It's so fabulous that George does this charity work.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, in that case, thanks speedystokesgirl for scanning the article and sharing it with us. :D

11. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

This just makes GE that much more endearing to me. He's sweet and talented and he loves kids. I like that he does this charity work and we only hear about it well after the fact. In my mind, that means he's truly doing it for the sake of helping and not to make himsell look good which I think some celebs do. They brag about it and send out press releases as though to say "see how wonderful I am?"

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Awesome drawing! Wish I could draw like that. I can draw a dolphin if I am patient enough (cause I mess up a lot), but drawing people is hard because people are just more complex than animals for the most part.

It's so sweet that he worked with those kids. Good for George! :thumbsup: