Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I don't know, it could just be my opinion of him is jaded because we still don't know what is going on with Eric. It seems like they are building him up to be this great guy with no faults and we all know that doesn't happen.

He can't be perfect, there has to be something wrong with this guy.

I am hoping though that Ryan gets a decent storyline this year...the poor guy does deserve it.

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way with me. Characters don't "grow" on me. From their first appearance, I'll know exactly how I feel about them. Take Calleigh, for example, I loved, loved, loved her from the first time I saw her in the show! I also really liked Delco, Speed, and Alexx! I found Frank very funny, and Horatio, well... I had very mixed feelings about him ( and still do). As for the rest of the main characters... my feeling ranged anywhere from indifference to dowright dislike... My perception of them has not changed since then. So, with Jesse, I'll see what my first impression will be... Who knows? I might really enjoy his character! Wouldn't that be nice, especially if it turns out that the show is loosing yet another one of my fav characters :rolleyes:!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

It's impossible to have a perfect character on the team and in this kinda show, don't worry about that!
    There will be skeletons in the closet for Jesse. Let's just hope he's not a pill popper...
    :lol:

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Exactly. It's not likely he flies Boeing 747s on the side or anything, probably just small propeller planes/Cessnas, etc. And maybe he fixes them up or builds them as a hobby as well. I think it's a nice little addition to the character. *shrug*

As for adjusting to his character, this is probably one time I'm actually excited to see a new one brought in on its own, circumstances aside. I think it's an interesting concept to bring in a character that had apparently been there at the beginning, left and then came back years later as there are a lot of opportunities to explore a different team dynamic.

Plus, we've had such a revolving door a characters, it's starting to become normal to have to adjust to yet another one. :/

By the way, this is the what, 5th? 6th episode (off the top of my head) involving a plane? :lol:

Thanks so much for the spoilers, delkolover!

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Amen to that! I would hate to see the new guy come in and get a lot of storylines and poor Ryan be left with his little amount of screentime. That's just not right! Those that have been there should get the screentime (but alas they are doing it on LV too). So I'm not too fond of a new character coming on.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know what? If Delko does leave the one person I want to see help Calleigh through it is Ryan. This is why: there has been a certain tenderness in their friendship. We all know he still looks up to her in many ways even though he has blossomed into a first rate CSI in his own right. Whenever, since his first episode, anything emotionally upsetting happened to her (or the fall out) he's been around and has been comfortingly there. He's been respectful of her feelings, but always around to lend a shoulder if she needed it. She never has, but while she's the professional mentor and "big sister", he's been an emotional "big brother" for her. It's a good thing and if Delko leaves, it's gonna crush Calleigh and I'd love to see Ryan just being there and being the wonderful friend he is for her. It helps develop his character because he'd also have to deal with his feelings about Delko while trying to comfort someone he loves. I think this would be amazing for both characters in so many ways. It gives Calleigh the time to deal and a safe person to do that with and it gives Ryan tons of development from his OCD...maybe he has a flare up...to emotional growth and learning how to comfort someone in serious emotional pain. I can see beautiful and wonderful scenes between them with nothing romantic happening...just sweet compassion. Natalia, to a lesser extent, but again, the coming togerther and love and support. We didn't get it with Speedle. If Eric is gone from the show, then maybe, if the writers ever seem to understand fans' feelings, we'll get that softness and love between the other characters for them to cope. I really hope so.

7. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I was wondering about the same thing. If they won't focus too much on the new guy, just because he's new in the team and they need to introduce him to us and tell as much as they can about his character:confused:. Just to you know make people to know him better.
    Right know I don't know yet what to think about this character. If he's gonna be Eric's replacement I'm not sure if I'll be able to like him anyway.

8. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

When Natalia came aboard, I will be totally honest that I did not like her character at all for all of season 4, especially when we found out she was the mole. When Season 5 rolled in, and she was cast as the new CSI, I started liking her character for wanting to learn and trying to do everything possible to gain the team's trust. Ryan wasn't too bad, but his first episode, he was a little rude to me, and seemed like a know-it-all, but his character eased into it and really because a source of hilarity (and eye candy ;)) to me. He tried his best fit in and make it known he wasn't there to be another Speed, but to be himself and get the job done. I started liking his smart remarks and funny comments and really couldn't see the show without him. He was part of "The Team". That's why it's not the the team to me without Delko, without Calleigh, Horatio, nor Natalia.

Tara was a little tough because she was replacing a huge asset to the team, which I adored. I had a hard time accepting Tara because, in my book, she was too young and seemed inexperienced. Plus, she always had 20 people (exaggeration) working with her, while Alexx mostly did it herself, to get the job done right. We see how Tara's character turned out :wtf:

Anyway, like any other character on any other show, you have to wow me. If you don't have the wow factor and do something to prove it, you stay on my list.

Question: Where the heck are the episode 1 promo pics and cast list? Vegas has promo pics up and NY has the Episode Cast list up. CSI Miami is a little behind, don't you think? :confused:

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think you're right. Vegas has even photos from the set of episode 2. And Miami nothing, besides the picture of the new guy whitout his shirt.:)
    It's nice to look, but I'd like to see others too.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The photos from the set of ep 2 were taken by one of the writers I believe and he put them up on his twitter page. Although the ones taken inside are blurry due to the weird lighting CSI uses. :lol: That or he might have been able to use a regular camera in outside scenes, but inside things have to be quieter and a regular camera sound plus the flash would be a bit distracting so he had to use his camera phone to take the pics inside (I'm guessing). :lol:

I guess none of Miami's writers have twitter or are not taking pics. :lol:

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's all fine & dandy, but Ryan (& Natalia) are thier own characters, & while a few sweet moments is fine, I don't want, nor do I think it's necessary, for Ryan to be developed "through Calleigh's grief/problems". I'm not trying to sound rude by this comment, but the show isn't about Calleigh & how the team feels about her, so personally I don't want to consistantly see the other characters revolving around Calleigh as if she is this show. Please don't consider this post a hateful one, cause I don't mean for it to come out wrong - it's just imo, we've had loads of Calleigh drama for the past few seasons & I'd really love at this point to see things move forward for the other characters - I'm sure they have a life/feelings too.

12. GregNickRyanFan

It doesn't really sound like the writers are going to write Calleigh as being too upset over Eric leaving (if he leaves). The spoilers list a scene or two where she mentions it (like the phone call Nat gets from Eric or the scene with Nat where she's asking about the incident and of course the talk with Stetler about the incident or the other IA person) but it doesn't seem like they are focusing on it too much. At least, it doesn't seem like they're gonna focus on her grief that much considering that they have her joking around and teasing the new guy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I really honestly hope that Eric doesn't leave for good though. I could see him not being in part of the season because the character needs to recuperate or whatever... but I don't want him gone forever.

13. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I think that's a great idea. I was never a Calleigh/Ryan shipper, but I did love their friendly dynamic in some of the earlier seasons. I think it would also be good for Ryan's character. For too long, his stories have run along the lines of "Oops, Ryan screwed up again!" and that's not really who he is. If they can stop making him do stupid things and show him as a more compassionate, understanding dude, it would really improve the show.

As for Eddie Cibrian/Jesse Cardoza...eh, he's alright. To be honest, I'm more concerned about whether or not Adam is leaving. So I'm feeling a little more open-minded about a new guy. I'm still a little skeptical, but it'll be interesting to see how he bonds with the team.

And speaking of Adam, why can't we get any confirmation/denial/statement ANYTHING official? This is so frustrating. I just wish I knew what the outcome would be. I can deal with it, even if I don't like it, but I really can't deal with this "maybe, maybe not" crap.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I know what you mean, silentdisco. The not knowing is driving me insane. :lol:

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I wonder if anyone said that when Speedle/Rory left and Ryan/Jon came in? I am willing to see. Just as long as it doesn't interfer with Ryan's screen time.....

Less trouble more positive:thumbsup:

And if he is, Ryan knows what to do. Ryan Wolfe the enemy of the pill popper....:guffaw::lol:

I would like Ryan to be there for Calleigh, but Ryan is a strong enough character and Jon Togo is a strong enough actor, that he doesn't need to ride anyone's coat tales for development. Since there doesn't seem to a lot of development already, the sky is the limit for Ryan and the writers can go in many different directions. Give Calleigh a rest, let her chill for a while and focus on other characters.:thumbsup: Hopefully, Jesse's development won't interfer with the more senior characters.

And I also hope this isn't it for Eric; the show would survive, but it wouldn't be the same:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.