Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Re: Eric and Calleigh #37

So... it's real then! It's a done deal; signed, sealed and delivered! No hope for a reconsideration...
    I'm completely heartbroken, devastated, mad ... :mad: We didn't even get our much anticipated hot love scene!!!:( CBS has completely let us, loyal EC fans, down. We waited patiently for such a long time to see them together... and now, this is what we're rewarded with?
    The show will definitely suffer.

2. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I have collected my thoughts into the following.

~upset because i've loved him since season 1.
    ~upset because E/C just got started!
    ~upset because adam plays such a big role on csi miami. it breaks my heart to see such a major character go.
    ~mad because i had all these plans for E/C this season in my mind. now they're shattered.

I guess this is something we are going to have to learn to handle. I'm just upset, because it sounds like eddie is taking his place.

Oh, and if they kill him off........i'm going to be very upset.:(

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I honestly think they realized what a mistake it was to kill Speed off the show.....I highly doubt they will do it again.

This is going to make this show very hard to watch....very, very hard. :(

4. virgy

virgy Civilian

:eek: I think this is GSR all over again, Adam leaving in the middle of season (just like Sara) It's a really sad and sucks, if he leaves I can't watch it anymore, I only started watching the show because of him and Emily, so :(

5. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

If its about the contract, like i stated before on the Adam board, I think CBS is being cheap. If he's leaving because of personal reasons, i cant say that im surprised. In some of the interviews in the past, he seemed a little bothered by how the writers didn't go into more depth in certain story lines like his first head injury. I was hoping to see he and emily on until at least the rest of this season and maybe to the 10th season if they made it that far. We'll see if there will be an official statement on Monday. Not sure if I will be able to watch if both leave. I will try but its going to be pretty damn hard.

6. delkolover

If the article was even right and there is an interview on Monday!! :lol: Who the hell knows anymore!! :lol:

I was really hoping to see E/C be something special and last. I have to agree that Adam might have been a little bothered with the show and its writers. His character did get a little stale and they never did follow through on some stories...and there were some that did need following up.

I don't think the writers thought the whole "bullet to the head" storyline through in the sense that they thought it would evolve the character but never actually took the time to think that every little thing Eric went through, they would have to relate it somehow to the bullet and the shooting. And in having to do so, things got repeatative and stale. I could understand if he was upset with that too....I mean this storyline from the finale might have been the last straw....b/c they are once again revisiting the bullet to the head...how many times can go around in circles? Especially when the character doesn't move on or evolve?

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am right there with you delkolover...

They had many chances and opportunities to let him grow as a character and let Eric & Calleigh grow as one. Now after everything they have done to get these two together we are now faced with the possibility of what might have been.

Knowing how involved I am with these two characters does not make it any easier for me to be excited about the upcoming season. I was excited at the prospect of Eric & Calleigh being together through this "bump" in the road only to find out that he will only be in a handful of episodes.

The writers should give our 'ship some justice. If Eric leaves the dayshift make it because he & Calleigh are serious about each other and don't make him just another notch in Calleigh's bedpost. If they do leave it as Eric & Calleigh broke up then show me the emotional side that Calleigh should struggle with on a daily basis. Yes, she shot at her boyfriend and now she has to put up with everyone looking at her and talking behind her back and confronting her about it. She needs to be affected by this.

Don't make it a copout and kill Eric off because of the damn bullet in his head. Don't make Calleigh become the emotionally cut-off person she has been. She loves this man with everything in her...don't show her not being affected by this.

I hate to say it, but it feels like I am giving up. I will ship these two until the end of the show....but my heart aches right now because we may miss out on so many moments between them.

8. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

I agree. I felt that the writers had their chance to explore his recovery from the bullet to the head but they didnt. Im hoping its not true but it seems as if it is. Now I wonder if he's gonna jump in and do just movies or will he also be open to doing another show. I think he can do both if he gets the right script and play the right character.

Also, is it me or does it seem like the more you watch that video of Emily talking about Adam's contract that she knew she shouldnt have said anything but at the same time she could give a damn? she had that "i wasnt supposed to say this" laugh. idk :lol:

9. delkolover

I think it is possible that she realized she shouldn't have said anything but at the same time....she doesn't mention Adam. No one said boo about Adam leaving until she said that. Everyone has been assuming....based on Eric's condition in the premiere that he will leave. I am speculating here....but maybe it is possible she is bitter too.

She said "we" in regards to the negotiations. She doesn't mention Adam. She was simply asked about E/C and she said she thinks her romance is in trouble....who is to say she isn't talking about herself? Allthe articles out assume, b/c of his character's physical condition, that Adam is leaving. Re-read them...they all say, in some way or another, how Eric was injured in the finale and laying somewhere in the marsh of the glades and all speculate that his character could die b/c Adam is leaving.

We all know Eric doesn't die int he premiere....unless they massively changed the next two eps that is

Now I want to know how the media came to the conclusion that she was referring to Adam.....CBS hasn't said anything about it being true, nor Adam...lends to the oddness of the situation doesn't it? I might be reaching and just excessively speculating b/c I am sad he is probably leaving. Not that I want Emily to leave....I love her too but hell, I don't know what to believe...no one is confirming it!! So I am left to go nuts and speculate like this! :lol:

Oh and I just realized that I read the latina blog article wrong....they said that Emily hinted at Adam leaving at the TCA party Monday NOT that Adam would be making the statement this coming Monday.....that was my mistake, I misread it! I think I posted earlier that it was the other way around. So I would like to correct myself :lol:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  10. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

HMMM ---No surprise there----AS ALLWAYS ----I am right there with you. I think you know that....

I have this for you:

Shipper or not ...donĀ“t you think the show will be affected? Even if writers start putting the other characters up front. Will it be enough after the big hype they choose for our ship?

Yes; Ryanfans will have their moments but is that enough?

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I know I've said this already but man this SUCKS!!! If the writers/producers are smart at all they will work him out of the show along the storyline that him and Calleigh resolve this "bump" and decide to take their relationship to the next level and so Eric moves to a different shift or a different crime lab all together which would then make it a wee bit easier cause occasionally we would see him and still have a happy Calleigh and not have to deal with both a sad and nasty break up as well as him leaving the show. Hopefully they use their brains and do this the right way even though it still pisses me off that he is leaving.

13. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

wow Delkolover, your so calm and cool and rational :lol: what your saying makes so much since, I will be calm, and just wait...

and thank you for your resoning :)

14. delkolover

Oh believe me, I am freaking out on the inside! :lol:

I just have this feeling that there is more to all this and THAT nagging feeling is what keeps me speculating and wondering "wtf" is going on! :lol:

I am not trying to delude myself here....someone is leaving this show. Of that I have NO doubt. I just have doubts about WHO is leaving. I can't understand, now that several media outlets have broken the story (granted it is the same one) how no one is saying anything. :confused:

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I don't know how are you doing it, but every time I read your posts I also feel a bit better. You look at everything so rationally and calmly. I truly admire you for that and thank you for that because you give me some hope:).
    Unfortuantely I still have a bad feeling, because in my country we say that in every rumor there's always a grain of truth.:(
    When they announce that he really leaves (because sooner or later they have to say something finally) it'll be the sadest day of my life, because it'll mean definitive end of E/C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.