Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

If Adam is leaving, I can so see Eric going into the Witness Protection Program because of the Russian Mob. That is sonmething that I can buy. Not that I'd be happy about it. I adore Adam Rodriguez as Eric Delko. I adore Adam just because he's such a really good actor. But because it would hurt Calleigh so incredibly bad. She'd be emotionally shredded, since the writers have built this romance to the very heights. She'd be destroyed again and maybe not something she'd recover from. If that's the case, I want to see the fall out from this. Emily is an amazingly talented actress and I really want them to let her shine, dramatically. Eric's possible departure would hurt Calleigh. She's danced the dance for nearly two years to only give in this past season. She's obviously committed to him since they've apparently been intimate and I have never seen Calleigh as someone that gave it up for just anyone. This should impact her and hard. I want the writers to show that in whatever way they can. It would be a crime not to.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I personally don't want to see Calleigh grieving all season long. Sure there could maybe be some moments where she thinks about him... but I don't want the whole season to be her mourning his leaving (in whatever capacity he does leave).

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:lol:
    Nice point with the witness protection .....that would allow character to return when needed later on.....(But will Adam do as Rory did for the flashbackepisode)

As a very positive approach Emily is just joking that the relationship is going through some "stuff" aka the lack of trust as bad contractnegotations. But this "wondering" about Adam R is fueled by his own odd twitter that makes sense if he is leaving.

But as allready stated in shippertread are we as fans ok with the characterdevolopment? I know some of you gals would rather loose one of them then continue the romance. So you are not with me on this one.

I agree with you on the Calliegh observation. Her past boyfriendstorylines has not been well expoited for any characterbuilding and in this case they(writers) choose her friend and close workcollauge(?) only to make that end:confused:. And she(character) seems so affected allready by him being shot (episode ending). But it could start her drinking and sending character to rehab as actress goes on any maternity leave. But is that something I want to see for the character?

As for the Ericcharacter: In the hospital AGAIN? What is up with that?

If Adam R might be worried that the character is going though some deja vue thing and might be limited to love at work going bad and getting lifethreathing injuries I agree (at the moment). Adding Eddie seems as if they known for a while.

But it still leaves me wondering: Could writers for once have tackled the situation a bit better? Should they or should they not have hyped the ship so hard just to make it end like this? Could the russianmobfartherstoryline have worked on its own? Do I like what is going on with the characters? For this type of show they certainly "use" characters a lot compared to "Ciminal Minds", but again is that the fate for shows beyond season 6?

And is money the only reason that FRIENDS were able to keep all castmembers on the entire run of show?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I think they liked their costars and enjoyed being on the show, but when the series got to the last season, the actors/actresses knew that if they all banded together, they could get a ridiculous amount of money per episode.

It's not all that uncommon for actors whose characters are vital to a show to band together to ask for more money. I remember reading that Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay of Law & Order: SVU often stuck together in order to negotiate contracts that gave them more money. With the exception of Law & Order (the original, as well as Criminal Intent), and a handful of others, most TV shows wouldn't be able to survive if not just one but two or more of the stars left at the same time.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't have time to check this thread out so I'm gonna guess nobody knows what I'm going to post LOL

Wonder what they'll come up with :p

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah and look Mariska and Chris won! They are BOTH getting $400,000 an episode this coming season!! The tactic worked the network backed down and gave them what they wanted even though it threatened to replace them....which in imo would have been a huge mistake you can replace one of them but not BOTH of them....those two are that show. Her more than him, I think but still both have great chemistry.

I am kind of wondering if her use of "we" means she and Adam are banding together like Mariska and Chris? If she is not involve in contract negotiations then she could have simply said "there were some poor contract negotiations" By saying "we", at least imo, she inserted herself or included herself in the context of the statement.

And again, I just keep going back to the fact that she never mentioned Adam's name.....the media made the assumption!

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Oh yes!! Now I'm looking forward to this. I haven't seen Fishburne's character on Vegas but I do like his work and will look forward to his appearance in Miami

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I don't either. I've seen enough Calleigh drama to last me a lifetime.

I don't want to see Adam go. To be honest, I'd much rather see Emily leave. I think there is much greater storyline potential with Eric.

But if he truly wants to go, I wish him well and will look forward to seeing his future projects.

I think this can be done well if the writers pay attention. Whatever they do, I hope they are starting to understand that it is an ensemble show and everyone needs to be involved. Start writing for the team and not specific individuals.

9. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

So thats it, no more Adam... now I'm sad, I may cry when I watch the premier... it wont be the same without him...

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Has there been an official statement from either Adam or CBS that I missed?

11. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Nooo....

Wait so it isn't official? see I just got in here, read the thing on the front page, and so on... and then freaked out, so there is still hope?

fine I'll relax till Adam himself says what is happening...

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I didn't hear anything like that, but don't you think he has a lot of free time now. I mean read his tweets, he posted only one or two from the set. So it may explain some, because If he was still on the show I guess he would have more days of work on the set:confused:.

13. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Well, they've finished shooting the season premiere, and the spoilers indicated that there really wasn't going to be much, if any, of Eric in the second episode. SpoilerTV says that filming for the third episode doesn't start until Monday. That could explain his free time.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think the amount of tweets his makes are any indication. Hill Harper who plays Sheldon Hawkes on NY said he would be tweeting live from the set of the premiere ep and that he'd try to get the other actors to tweet something too. So, I don't think that's an indication that he has too much time on his hands. I don't know a whole lot about twitter, but I think you can post messages through your cell phones and if he has that in his pocket, it's probably pretty quick and easy to do. I don't have a cell either, so I'm not sure about texting, but anyway.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

From the spoilers for 802 his character wasn't really seen in the ep.....I think I reported that when the spoilers first came out. The only mention of him in the ep was the phone call Natalia gets from him. So if he really isn't in the ep b/c the ep does seem like "bottleneck" ep everthing takes place at the lab, why would he need to be on set? He wouldn't.

Unless of course the writers did it twice.....put out the spoilers for 803 w/o actually know if he is going to be in the ep! Hey, its not like they haven't done it before! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.