Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Episode 803 "Bolt Action"

The episode opens at private Beach with Troy, our hot guy who hooks up with older woman and girls his age, playing in a beach volleyball tournament for a charity. He and his teammate Chad Burton seem to be winning...in more ways than one. The crowd loves them; which includes many woman. Troy steals a play from Chad who for a moment seems upset but Troy smooths things over with his wit and hands Chad the ball to serve. Chad simply shakes his head and steps out of bounds to make his serve.

Chad serves the ball and scores...he is pumped but as he looks to the crowd for adoration he notices some are screaming and seem in shock. As he turns back to the court he notices the other 3 players on the sand screaming in agony, clutching their heads and stumbling around before all 3 eventually collapse dead before him

Everyone on the volleyball "court" was electrocuted. Someone electrified the sand the players were standing on. Only Chad survived b/c he was wearing rubbered soled skin color sand socks....which of course make him the primary suspect. Why was he the only one wearing them?

Horatio and the team question the owner of the property Leslie Carlisle and her daughter Katie. Leslie explains she simply wanted to host an event where people would open their wallets for a good cause. She doesn't know how any of this happened. As turns out though she and her daughter were both very close to Troy, one of the victims. They both hooked up him!

There is a mention of an ME but not by name so I am going with there is no new ME nor might there every be this season.

It does indeed seem that Jesse (Eddie Cibrian) is a CSI....although I saw a split second of him in one of the scenes....but there was a brief mention by Ryan that the two of them "collected" evidence at the scene. So idk.

There really wasn't much in these spoilers to be honest. Not alot of main cast dialogue and there is definately a ton of information missing for the guest characters b/c the spoilers are very short and there is just a lot missing that would put things together. TPTB don't put out the entire ep when it comes to casting b/c they don't those who don't get the role to know what the episdoe is going to be about so we definately got snippets of guest character spoilers here.

I barely saw the main characters! A few snips of Cal and Ryan interviewing Katie and H and Tripp at the beginning when they get to the scene. I did not see any mention of Eric but again, I BARELY saw anyone.....All I kept seeing was the opening sequence of the episoide! I felt like I was in the movie Groundhog Day :lol:

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thanks for the info delkolover, hopefully we'll get some more info soon!

3. delkolover

Yeah the lack of info is telling me a couple of things:

1) they (tptb) know how much we see and are getting wiser
    2) they are doing it in general on purpose b/c they know how much we see and therefore want us to be in suspense and not have a good idea of what is going on....it could work b/c otherwise "why would you watch if you knew every little detail" But at the same time they are putting out just enough snippets to keep us hooked and wonder WTF is going on!

That is my opinion on it anyway b/c I have never seen spoilers that short or devoid of anything meaningful...other than the "teaser"

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Sounds like an ordinary episode to me. That's good, time to settle down after hostage crisis, :lol:.

New guy seems like he's kind of out of the loop (by loop I mean senior and steadfast Eric and Cal) so now Ryan and Nat aren't all alone. Unless of course tptb are going to make him 'in' with E/C or put him off into his own little corner.

Hm, am I sensing divisions in the team much?

5. delkolover

From what I could see, it looks like everyone is working with everyone in this ep....ya know everyone is mixing it up. I got the implication that Ryan worked with Jesse. Saw a very small snippet of Cal with Nat.

But again, I barely saw much of the main cast....the biggest chunk I saw was the interview with Katie done by Cal and Ryan and a smaller inerview scene H and Tripp talking to Leslie in the very beginning...after that it was very small one sentence snippets describing the case/evidence and some descriptional scenes. I am not supposed to see main cast stuff but ya know the interviews etc are usually there with the guest characters/suspects...this time, other than those two scenes there really wasn't much. Otehr than the Groudhog Day teaser!

But you are right, it does sound like a "regular" episode....gettng back to work and as you put it, settling down.

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Cal and Nat...Wow. Unfamiliar duo. Seems like ages since I saw that. :lol:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, delkolover. The title of the ep makes a little more sense now. :lol: And wow multiple db's on the scene. Interesting.

I think they are biding their time with the ME thing though. Until they either get Khandi to agree to come back or they decide what to do about the ME situation. But then again, they might just decide it's better to have a faceless ME than to add a new character into the mix. If they have any interactions with anyone in the ME's place, it would probably be Kyle.

speaking of Kyle, is there any word yet on if he'll be added to the opening credits with David and the others?

I wonder if they're gonna add Eddie to the opening credits with everyone else right away or if they're gonna wait a few eps like they did with Ryan and Natalia.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oh cool, it's nice to see that we have a more 'settled' episode after all the hooplah from the beginning of the season.

And honestly, I could really care less if the new guy was a CSI or a detective or both at this point. :lol: I'm just interested to see where they're going with him and how the actor takes on the role. I would assume since they're bringing in a pretty 'known' actor in the television circuit that he'll have a substantial presence among the team but we'll see.

It's great to know the team's been sort of mixed up in this episode and that we don't have the usual pairings working together. It might be a breath of fresh air this season and I hope they keep it up.

I would hope they do get a new ME at some point and that we don't just have nameless faces or 'implied' MEs sending reports up to the team. :/ Though like GregNickRyanFan said, they might just find it easier to do.

And along with this, I'm hoping they change the opening credits in general. C'mon, CSI and NY changed their substantially, why not Miami? :p It's time.

Thanks for the spoilers, delkolover, no matter how vague and groundhog-ee. :lol:

9. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Wow people working with other people ths is nice. I still think that this is a big chance for Ryan, Nat, Eric, and H to show more of who they are and be in the forefront in a positive way. I also think this is a chance for the new guy to show what he's made of.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

So Eddie is going to be a CSI.Now I think it may take screentime from others.The question is who would be IMO.I can see a new cop if they want to have 2 cases per episode.On the other hand,being the new ME,would be to replace an empty position.But If he is a CSI played by a well known actor,it sort of sounds like LF and Vegas.But we have to wait and see becouse It could turn out to be great.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think it'll be as bad as on Vegas. LF is a huge movie star and Vegas' new "leading man", so naturally he gets a lot of scenes (if they'd just have him in most of those scenes with the other cast members more often instead of alone or with guest stars, it would help to balance the screentime more fairly). Eddie isn't replacing anyone (as far as we know) and he's not the male lead, so he shouldnt' get that much screentime. Though its possible that while Eric's away, he may get all of Eric's screentime not to mention he already has a past with Horatio.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

^That is true.Hope you are right.If they replace Eric while he is recovering it means that they will not give more screentime to existing cast during that time.And at some point Eric is going to be back .I just sort of get that he will have more time then the other newbies.But like I said ,this could be something good if the character is interesting.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can't say I'd put Eddie Cibrian's name & stardom (I really want to stop typing Cahill before Cibrian, lol) up there with Laurence Fishburnes. I'm not thinking this is the plan. However, I do kinda feel like they've hired him because of those pretty-boy looks & hot body -- not to mention that his name has been plastered all over the media (popularity is up 270% on imdb) because of his personal life -- every mention of his name, is a mention of CSI:Miami. Not necessarily saying this is the sole reason for hiring the guy, I'm sure he's a fine actor, but you can't say it doesn't hurt to hire someone who's "name" is better & bigger than their talent.
    Anyway, I'm giving him a chance. I hold nothing against the actor or the character - I just hope tptb know what the heck they're doing & where the heck they're going with him!

14. electra

electra Pathologist

^I don't think they are in the same league at all.It just look like this is not the kind fo guy that will get 1 or 2 scenes per epidode .I mean for being a new guy,he is having a lot of scenes if the spoilers are as we expect.Seems like whatever happened with E/C is going to drag on and Horatio is vital for this show but somehow ,he is going to have screentime. I guess the 18-45 category is quite important.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Same here I just really hope tptb don't plan to have him become anybodies love intrest epsecially Natalia's!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.