CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

sounds interesting! i guess it might be abbreviated because if you use those terms in any real situation you're more likely to use abbreviations than the whole word - the whole words seem to come up more in removed situations. but i might be wrong, i'm not some kind of explorer!

that was how i read it too - i hope that's not the case though, it would be a real shame to waste eddie's acting and flack generally on a story that went nowhere after such a promising start...​

2. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

I find it interesting as well! For me throwing himself to work means that we get to see Flack more(I guess and hope!) :drool: plus I bet Flack will break in 5-6 episodes --writers will make it more interesting that way--.

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Well, IDK...she seems fairly popular on every other site I've been to (CSI-Fanatic, TV.com, CSI Wet Paint, Fanpop, Fanfiction.net), so I don't think redeeming her character is something the writers have to worry about this season. I do, however, think they'll have to show her stepping up to the plate. She's plenty caring, only we've rarely seen her show that face to face before. At least, not when it comes to the rest of the team.

Hmm, when did I miss the memo that Flack transmutated into Mac?

I hope he gets a chance to shine, too, but I think Mac's journey in S1 (and beyond) has a lot to do with who Mac is as a person. I'm sure Claire's death didn't help matters much, but I really do think Mac's always been someone who's kind of gruff and finds comfort in his work even at the best of times. Recently, he's shown at times that he might be over Claire's death, but the gruffness and the workaholism are both still consistently there.

With Flack I think it's different - not that I find it impossible to believe he could also find comfort in his work, but it seems inconsistent. With his little vengeance shtick at the end of "Pay Up", how is he supposed to find comfort in upholding the law and being the best cop he can be?

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

ahhhh!!!! It could be superlative for Eddie if it happened in that way! I can imagine someone like him, an Alpha Male, trying to be strong and then after some time, falling apart. He would need help from the whole team!!!! (and finally i hope Danny is there to comfort him in a stronger way he did before)
    Priceless acting moments!

Dear Maya
    Yes, i agree it had a lot to do with Mac's personality because it was showed he was a workaholic even before Claire's loss
    However it would be a natural reaction from Flack to look for a shelter at work. After losing Angell he would think is the only thing left for him
    And I don't know how they are going to deal with Flack's action in 5.25 but probably becoming a workaholic it would be a way for him to expiate that action

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

On ever other site I've seen, it's the same few people posting under various names. A handful of rabid fans who post on multiple boards/sites doesn't make her a popular character.

6. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

I'm sorry.... but yes! Lindsay and Stella are alive, I amso angry at how they ended Season 5... the bullets and the toast and... here's the annoying thing... Mac just walked in the bar, if he had been a few seconds early he could have, attempted, to shoot the car or something... darn you CSI: NY makers... but thanks for keeping Lindsay and Stella... I reckong that the addition will, probably, take over from Jess, sad when she died, but you know... oh! They might have stolen my idea and make the addition Adam's love interest!!! :lol::lol::lol:

7. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

Hi, I'm sorry but is it definate that Danny will be in a wheel chair or is it a theory... please say it's a theory!!! :scream:

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Danny is definitely in a wheelchair in the first episode of the season. Beyond that, we don't know.

It's not really a question of her popularity, though to be fair I've seen a split other places, too... Ausiello's EW.com column, CBS.com, TV Guide. And maybe I'm biased (yeah, I am :p ) but this site has some of the most intelligent, articulate fans out there--on both sides of the Lindsay debate. Regardless... Lindsay has been shown to be self-centered much in the way Danny is reckless. It's something about her that her teammates seem to accept--much in the way they do Danny's recklessness, at least these days--but it doesn't mean it's not something that could be improved in her character.

I don't know about plenty... I think now and then she puts herself out, but not nearly as often as she focuses on herself. I think it's an area where she could stand to grow--and as a new mother and now the wife of someone who is injured, I think it's a great opportunity for her to step up to the plate. Or not... but I think if she doesn't, it's going to reflect poorly on her.

Yeah, less than impressed/thrilled with this. Basically, he's going to bury himself in his job. Hardly thrilling. Not that I expect Flack to turn into a mushy mess--that would be incredibly OOC, but I can see him channeling his grief into anger. And I'm really curious to see how he'll react to Danny being injured. Coming so soon after Angell's death, I'd expect it to have a big impact. And it's not just anyone on the team--it's Danny, whom we've seen Flack be extremely protective of and caring towards.

9. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Oh no, don't be shy about it :lol:. The fans here are fully awesome!

I think they forgot to give it to you or something. Paper work and communication, I tell ya... :rolleyes:

I too find it inconsistent yet plausible on a certain level because of the season finale and how he stayed on the job. But trying to see things their way here : could it be his way of redemption? Maybe he thinks "take a life, save a life" and that somehow it should bring back the balance he used to know. It would be nice to see him crash into the wall of reality eventually with this. Because even if he's the best cop on earth it will not outweigh the gravity of his action.

Hahaha! I don't want to sound mean or anything but I would have prefer Lindsay to get hurt in the shoot out. Her role doesn't have much impact on the show and seeing Danny at loss would have been interesting (though he will be but on a different perspective). And it could have bring back Louie's memory and PERHAPS, oh! perhaps, we could have found out whether he's alive or dead or in a veggie state. There's just so many ways to do it, I wonder why they never took the time of actually doing it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  10. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

i'm a lindsay fan and come here often everyone is nice and friendly, people can think and write whatever, everyone gets there say i like that lol.

Thanks for all the spoilers guys your doing great x x x x

Im not sure about the danny in a wheelchair? i'd love to see how he plays it and what lindsay (anna) is given but i hope we dont get the pill's outcome this could be done really well or very bad.

flack? been the best he can be? i didn't have any problems with the way he was been anyone else? more shirtless thats my only fault.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

See, I agree that he'll probably think there's nothing else for him beyond work, I'm just not buying that he'd find as much comfort in it as Mac seemed to after Claire died. Because Mac's primary passion seems to be the actual work he does, solving things, finding the evidence - whereas a lot of Flack's passion comes from upholding the law, knowing that he's done good no matter how thin the paycheck is or how underappreciated NY cops seem to be. Given his 5.25 action, I'm not sure how he's going to be able to find that same comfort by burying himself in his work; especially when he inevitably comes across all those cases where the perpetrator acted out of vengeance. Off the bat alone I can think of six revenge-acting criminals from past episodes that Flack couldn't really look in the eye at this point.

I guess I can see how it might be redemptive to work twice as hard to be a good cop, but ugh, it just seems like such a boring route to take (sorry, no offence to anyone who likes the idea of Flack overworking! :)).

Wouldn't the very fact that she has rabid fans kind of imply she's popular, or at least effective as a character? That's pretty much the standard test - and it seems like a ridiculous effort to spend otherwise, especially if they only want to promote DL. I'll take your word for it about the boards you've seen ('cause I've only sort-of started to branch into NY-fandom), but I haven't noticed that same thing on the other boards I've been to. I'm judging from polls and shrines to her I generally see on those sites.

That's definitely true :) Argh, sorry if it sounded like I was implying otherwise! (Was in a peevish mood...and I'm still blaming at least part of it on the Flack spoiler :shifty:)

Her teammates have definitely accepted a lot of her less-positive traits, but I'm not sure self-centered-ness is one of them. They've come to her for help on cases she wasn't really working on too often (well, Stella and Mac anyway) to assume that. Not to mention that Stella probably wouldn't have bothered asking her along with the others to give up vacation time to save Adam's job.

12. Top41

Agreed--Flack crossed a line there, so that needs to be addressed. Maybe that's why he throws himself into his work... to remind himself he is one of the good guys? To make up for/erase his action? The spoilers are very generic so far--I'm hoping there's more to them than we've seen thus far.

Every character/actor has rabid fans. The only characters from CSI: NY I'd class as genuinely, across-the-board popular are Mac, Stella and Danny. Maybe Flack, too. Every character has a following though.

No, I didn't think you were--I was just responding to the implication that this was the only place where people dislike Lindsay. It's not, not by a long shot. But I imagine most places have people who dislike each of the characters--certainly we do here, too.

Either way, I'm not so concerned with elsewhere. Again, bias ;) but I really enjoy the community here and discussing the show with people here. The internet is never going to be a true representation of the overall fandom for a show, because most of the 12-13 million CSI: NY viewers don't post at message boards for the show. They watch every Wednesday night and that's it.

Everyone gave up vacation for Adam--Lindsay would have looked like a huge ass if she hadn't. Coming to her for help on cases she isn't working on doesn't really fit--they're her bosses (or at least Mac is). She's working on whatever they say she's working on.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

danny's not quite across the board, i'm not a big fan of his :p i prefer flack. but i don't dislike danny particularly either i suppose. sorry, that was pointless.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Every character has some rabid fans, but you can't call a character "popular" or "effective" just because a hand full of people on the internet like her enough (or at least like DL enough) to post about her (or at least her as part of DL) on several different sites.

I think the fact that she has roughly as many people on the internet who just as passionately dislike her and find her to be a worthless character as people who passionately love her (or at least DL) and think she's a great character (at least as part of DL) would make anyone question how effective she is as a character. Especially since she's not a character that people are supposed to love to hate and especially since some of her fans can't speak about her as a character unless they tie her in with Danny.

There are people who dislike each of the characters for different reasons, but Lindsay is the only character who sparks such polarizing debates. If they had intended to make her a controversial character or a "love to hate" character then I'd see how polarizing debates about her would be good for the show and the fans. As it is she's supposed to be universally liked (obviously not everyone likes every character, but she's not deliberately written as a villian) and instead she's pretty much split the online fandom into two distinct camps that, for the most part (not here, but plenty of other places), can't even have a conversation about the character without insults and hurt feelings. That, too, makes me question how she can be described as "popular" and "effective."

15. Top41

Across-the-board doesn't mean everyone loves the character. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Mac--but I'd never say he's not a popular character. He is. Popularity doesn't mean everyone likes you--just that a lot of people do. And it feels like Mac, Stella, Danny and yeah, Flack are the ones constantly being talked about and who have big followings. I named the first three because I think there's awareness of them that goes beyond just CSI: NY fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.