Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

How the flashbacks work remain to be seen. I disagree that all original cast members must be involved. That smacks of drama by design rather than the more realistic approach. If I understand correctly, these are simply random snippits from Eric's delirious POV. They would be disconnected bits and pieces, not a rational thread. In fact, a lack of continuity in the flashbacks is more believable.

If this storyline is tptb's way of eliminating Eric's trauma du jour, that's great. Otherwise, *pfffffttt*.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is not what I got from reading the spoilers. We are taken completeley and wholey through the first case back in 1997 with flashes back and forth from the past to the present. But again from the spoilers it seems that we see the entire story/case not just disjointed snippets.

That is my understanding of the spoilers anyhow.

When did tv stop surprising me and start pissing me off is what I want to know :lol:

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I'd have to agree with you there, holly. It would have been nice for tptb to try and implement some of Rory's advice but the fact of the matter is that Rory is an actor, and actors work the scripts given to them. When someone signs a contract they don't always know everything that will happen to them, so they should be prepared for anything- even the worse.

Ahhhh Eric dramaaaa. Glad the second episode is mostly devoid of him. No offense to anyone, but I think he had quite enough of the finale and premier revolve around him, and besides. He needs to HEAL. Like you know, normal people do?! :lol:

Given, I wouldn't give so much of a damn about Eric getting these plot lines if other characters got them too.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw:When we became too involved instead of merely cursory viewers.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I seem to have missed a lot. Has anyone else besides me had trouble getting on to this website?

First of all thank you to delkolover for all of the spoilers. I am actually more excited about episode 2 than the season premiere.

I am very disappointed (but I understand why) Rory isn't coming back. I hope that I am wrong but this could be a very bad episode. I agree that the holes are getting bigger all the time. The only way any of this could work if it is purely a product of Eric's dream, fantasy or whatever word is the most appropriate. I know that my dreams can have elements pulled in from many different memories and blended together and make very little sense. (If that MAKES sense:))

I completely agree. Have him off healing and have the next episode focus in other characters for a change.

I have a feeling this won't wrap up anytime soon. Hopefully it won't take over the whole show.:(

I know it seems that Eric gets all the drama and angst, but with all due respect and not to stir up a hornet's nest, at least Eric is getting sympathetic story arcs and plenty of screen time. Other characters and those of us who are fans of them would LOVE to see them get a fraction of the story arcs Eric gets. Ryan seems to be the dumping ground for every half baked story arc that makes him look like the most corrupt cop in Miami. I would also love to see Eric go through a season without some of the more negative stuff he has gone through but I would also love to see Ryan get any story arc that shows him in a positive light.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

No problem, I agree with you ;). Ryan should get storylines that show him in a positive light. What makes me mad about Eric's storylines is that they are always so sad and traumatic. Everything is just so difficult and painful in his life. That's why I just want them to give him a break and let him be happy for a while. Plus it also upsets me that since they keep giving him these storylines which are sometimes repetitive viewers start disliking him because they get tired of it. Just like some viewers dislike Ryan because he is mostly shown in a negative light. It's a balance thing and the writers have not been able to achieve it with either character, IMO.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah. They definately seem to be putting each of the characters in a "box" if you will and not going outside of it with new and different stories. Ryan is always in trouble and Eric is always hurt or has some traumatic event going on....it is getting a little stale. There is nothing wrong, with as many have said, having these characters be happy. I love the characters but constantly having them depressed, in trouble or just unhappy just projects a one dimensional feel and kind of makes me depressed!! :lol:

IDK why the writers feel like the characters constantly need to be unhappy? Do they feel it makes them more human or something? Being human is being happy too! But for some reason the writers don't either want to or like to show the "happy" side of things.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I completely agree with the fact that they need to show more sides to their characters. It's such a cliche to have the youngest team member be the one to make the mistakes all of the time or for one character to get shot more than once, or any storyline similar to that... to always been the one injured badly enough to be in the hospital and almost die.

And I'm really concerned about this premiere episode. It could go either way with the viewers. I just hope they fill in some of the holes.

With the Ryan/Cal thing, I could see her not remembering him because of the fact that he will look totally different as a teen. But, I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't remember that he met her in that very building 12 years earlier. That's just too weird for me. :lol:

Looking forward to the Tripp thing though. That sounds really good.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Perhaps the writers and TPTB think it would be boring if there were no injuries,distrust,angst, or someone always in trouble making mistakes,etc.
    I would like the writers to step outside of the box for a while when dealing with the characters.It would be nice to have a season that was calm for the characters.I would settle for some "regular" everyday things happening for them.Happy things,etc.
    What's wrong with making only a mistake only every once in a while,or not being injured for a while?
    As far as the premiere episode,like others I think it could go either way,but there has already been changes that make me think that episode may not end up at all as planned.

10. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

I SO AGREE WITH YOU! you can have a "normal (whatever that is lol) dramatic free life" and still be happy i agree that when ever they give them some small peice of happiness its guaranteed that the writers already have them lined up and ready to take aim, and give their charcter hell and then have them come out as if nothing happened.....

I for one would love to see more happiness from this season instead of the whos missing? where are they? are they alive?? crap why cant they end it with a season 5 style just justice has been served they all go home or whatever...

Or could it be the writers are so bored trying to come up with an interesting storyline that the only thing they can do is drama drama drama.... which for us is ok for a little teeny bit but over and over and over again...please someone change the broken record......???

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^
    Agreed agreed and agreed.
    No offense to anyone, but yes...At least Eric gets some development from his story lines. At least they've lead us to hear his thoughts and gotten into his head. (and his therapy sessions!)

Ryan seems to be the kind of character where we see the same shallow emotions (concern and anger) with every plot that's thrown at him, and no true explination, no thoughts. Ryan never talks about his feelings, and appears to have no soul. :confused: Who'd a known! I guess he's just a very well-made and sexy android.

12. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

ok yeah i agee with yeah getting into eric head has had some developments and your are right about ryan...

:guffaw:eek:n the sexy android thing but yes same emotion not much progression with him and not much on natalia either :confused: since when?? season 5??? but im sure weve heard this questioning many times before....guess we'll have to wait and see what the wrtiers bring us this season :confused:

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:guffaw: love the sexy android description LOL.

Anyway, totally agree with you. The only character who has been developed properly (well they made me hate him for this, but that's another point LOL) is Eric. No one else has been developed in a proper way. While we can see a little bit of a human H or a little bit of Callleigh as a normal woman (though, they're not enough in terms of developement, to me)....we can't see almost anything about Ryan and Natalia.

Geez, Natalia is the classic lab rat there who sometimes is lucky to get out on the field! Give her something...well anything. Any storyline would be awesome for her . She's one of those few characters in televison I learned to love and that the more I see her, the more I want to see about her!!

Ryan....poor guy!! He screws up and when he doesn't screw up....no one trusts him :rolleyes:. Last thing he did was making Stetler fire that drug addict Tara was, surely not the best way to make all the people, who hate him, enjoy him, though Ryan was absolutely right!
    Ryan needs a girlfriend...that's all! He needs woman, give her to him and we're done with the guy, he'd be the happiest man on the hearth :thumbsup:

14. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

i looked on youtube under hcrazy videos and season 6 and 7 promos came out on auguest 31 so i bet this seasons promo comes out on augest 31

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't know if it's correct that Ryan made Stetler fire Tara, he turned her in,but Horatio had a hand in it too. You are correct that those that don't like Ryan didn't like his actions,but those that don't like him don't think he does anything right,even when he is right.
    I would love for the writers to come up with something really good for Ryan and Natalia in season 8.They both have aspects to their personality that can be used for storylines.
    Thanks for the promo info csi681.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.