Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we step into some alternate reality and no one informed me? Did I miss a memo? :lol:

It feels like a soap opera the way they are doing it. If they can't do it correctly they should just scrap the whole idea. And how many times does Delko have to be close to death? It's a bit nuts!
Why does he always get shot? Hasn't this man gone through enough?:shifty:

Yeah seriously, how many times are you going to shoot the poor guy? Enough with the near death situations, flashbacks that won't be factually accurate and, as many have said, the soap opera drama!!

Not only should they have scrapped the idea when they found Rory wasn't coming back....they never should have released the spoilers in the first place until they knew his decision! Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch....now they just have egg on their face as they more than likely scramble to find a way to make this work! They wanted us to be exicted and dangle the hook in front of us when now they look like the idiots!

All I have to say is, if Rory screwed them b/c they screwed by him killing him off, then; more power to him! Takes a lot of audacity to ask someone to come back after you cast them aside by killing them! They ruined it for themsleves. The only reason he did the show two years ago was b/c, based on the deal he made to get out of his contract, he needed their permission to do tv work again and/or do an ep of the show. When you demand like that, how can you expect someone to come back to you with open arms?

They wanted us to be exicted and dangle the hook in front of us when now they look like the idiots!
As some of us have already mentioned, this kind of plotline could be both awesome and horrible. To me, it's getting worse and worse everyday.

The fact they gave out some spoilers (I won't express myself about the fact they kept writing this plot) :rolleyes: without being 100% sure that Rory was going to be in the episode...to me....is quite insulting towards everyone's intelligience. Sorry, but I don't give a damn to the fact they wanted us to believe something so that they could convience Rory to get back bla bla....he's not a 5 years old boy or a dog with in front of his bone!!! For god's sake, he's not idiot!!! No one of us is idiot!!!

All I have to say is, if Rory screwed them b/c they screwed by him killing him off, then; more power to him! Takes a lot of audacity to ask someone to come back after you cast them aside by killing them! They ruined it for themsleves. The only reason he did the show two years ago was b/c, based on the deal he made to get out of his contract, he needed their permission to do tv work again and/or do an ep of the show. When you demand like that, how can you expect someone to come back to you with open arms?
You couldn't have said it better! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Let's just remember something in this conversation. Rory Cochrane left the show of his own accord. He asked to be released from his contract and they did so with a few strings attached-i.e. the appearances he made as Delko's hallucination. He may have been dissappointed with the way they wrote him out of the show, but he was not the writer/producer and had no say.

It was highly uswise for TPTB to release a spoiler and not have Rory confirmed for a return appearance, but what can you do. It also could have been bait to whip a frenzy on the various message boards.

Let's just remember something in this conversation. Rory Cochrane left the show of his own accord. He asked to be released from his contract and they did so with a few strings attached-i.e. the appearances he made as Delko's hallucination. He may have been dissappointed with the way they wrote him out of the show, but he was not the writer/producer and had no say.

It was highly uswise for TPTB to release a spoiler and not have Rory confirmed for a return appearance, but what can you do. It also could have been bait to whip a frenzy on the various message boards.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Rory asked to leave. He even asked that they not kill him so that if they wanted him back, he could and would come back. But they didn't listen to him and went and killed off his character. I even think he said it in an interview that he told them it would be a bad move to kill him. He may not have had any hard feelings but he did think it wasn't the best move that could have been made.

That is all I meant by my statement. If he decided to stick it to them to show them what a huge mistake they made by killing his character and then turning around and putting out spoilers for an ep he hadn't even agreed to yet, I wouldn't blame him! They basically said he would be back before they even asked him.

I can agree on both accounts. I can't blame Rory for wanting to stick it to tptb, but I can also clearly understand tptb wanting to kill his character - it's bottom line just good for a story when a teammate dies!! I hated the reason why he was killed, but I can still see why tptb chose death over Speed simply leaving the team for other reasons - there just isn't that much of an impact on an exit like that. Tptb couldn't see the future either. They probably weren't even aware that years down the road the fans would still be begging for his appearance. As much as I adore Rory, I do think tptb at that time made a wise decision in killing off the character (please don't shoot me) just because it does open more potential storylines & has an everlasting effect on the characters. I can see both sides, most definitly.

On another note - since Speed won't be appearing in the episode, does anyone know if Natalia is still featured in the flashbacks? I have to say I'll be uberly ticked if she's not there in some way shape or form considering every one of them, even Frank & brand-spanking new Jesse will be included.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Rory asked to leave. He even asked that they not kill him so that if they wanted him back, he could and would come back. But they didn't listen to him and went and killed off his character. I even think he said it in an interview that he told them it would be a bad move to kill him. He may not have had any hard feelings but he did think it wasn't the best move that could have been made.

That is all I meant by my statement. If he decided to stick it to them to show them what a huge mistake they made by killing his character and then turning around and putting out spoilers for an ep he hadn't even agreed to yet, I wouldn't blame him! They basically said he would be back before they even asked him.

Yes, he asked to get out and he paid his penance for that. I agree completely with your second paragraph there. I'm not mad at Rory, good for him for sticking it to them! Now I think this whole episode will just be stupid. And wth? Natalia was a lesbian? :wtf:

Natalia was a lesbian? :wtf:

Wait... where did that come from?

anyway, I'm slightly excited about the epsisode, seems intriguing :)

but I'm also worried it could just fall flat on it's face, but who knows.

you know who would make since to run into young Ryan, Eric, becouse I can believe Eric not even remembering seeing him before, becouse of that way Eric is, he'd forget Ryan, and then they meet again like what 8 years later, and he's skinny and all, that would make since.

and yay comb over Frank :)

I really want to see how thay make 'em all look younger, should be enteresting :)

Wait... where did that come from?

Someone said it in a previous post that she is one back then. That's why I am confused. Did I misread? :confused:

I think that was just a joke... but, this is Miami, so... EVERYTHING is possible :lol:
Don't worry it was a joke :lol:. As they already replaced Speedle with Calleigh in a scene he was in with chubby Ryan, I thought they were gonna replace him even in his scene with Calleigh (knowing TPTB they so can do ti LOL)...when he almost trips while seeing her. I was just wondering who's gonna replace the guy ;).
But, then again, knowing this show everything is possible :lol:

As for the whole Rory's stuff, all I have to say that I can understand why TPTB wanted to kill the guy off the show.
mjszud
you're absolutely right about the possible reason why they killed him off also b/c, honestly, that's how it worked to me. But, at the same time, it's not a secret that everyone (especially Adam Rodriguez and Emily Procter) had troubles with TPTB because of Rory's departure. They suggested that Rory should leave in other ways...but Ann Donahue&Co. never listened to them!!! Let's not forget that they're all still pissed off because of it!

So while sometimes I feel that actors should shut up and work along with what TPTB offer to them, I do feel that everything Rory has done is abosulety right!!!!
TPTB have handled the actor in such a wrong way! The fact the wrote this episode even if they weren't 100% sure about his presence (never assume anything!!!! NEVER!!) and he turned them down so proves it!

I really hope they had another plotline for the season premiere 'cause this one is not gonna work out with just Khandi's presence. She's a great actress, but the whole plotline is full of big holes!!!

Well, it's not a huge deal to me. Rory didn't like working there anymore with their grueling schedule, so he left. I think it was a good idea to kill the character off because it set up so many other good story lines. TPTB had to do what was best for the SHOW, not for the ACTOR.

But I read some casting spoilers and it didn't say anything about Ryan being chubby, just a 17 year old version of Togo. So yeah, maybe they dropped that.

Someone said it in a previous post that she is one back then. That's why I am confused. Did I misread? :confused:

I think that was just a joke... but, this is Miami, so... EVERYTHING is possible :lol:
Don't worry it was a joke :lol:. As they already replaced Speedle with Calleigh in a scene he was in with chubby Ryan, I thought they were gonna replace him even in his scene with Calleigh (knowing TPTB they so can do ti LOL)...when he almost trips while seeing her. I was just wondering who's gonna replace the guy ;).
But, then again, knowing this show everything is possible :lol:

As for the whole Rory's stuff, all I have to say that I can understand why TPTB wanted to kill the guy off the show.
mjszud you're absolutely right about the possible reason why they killed him off also b/c, honestly, that's how it worked to me. But, at the same time, it's not a secret that everyone (especially Adam Rodriguez and Emily Procter) had troubles with TPTB because of Rory's departure. They suggested that Rory should leave in other ways...but Ann Donahue&Co. never listened to them!!! Let's not forget that they're all still pissed off because of it!

So while sometimes I feel that actors should shut up and work along with what TPTB offer to them, I do feel that everything Rory has done is abosulety right!!!!
TPTB have handled the actor in such a wrong way! The fact the wrote this episode even if they weren't 100% sure about his presence (never assume anything!!!! NEVER!!) and he turned them down so proves it!

I really hope they had another plotline for the season premiere 'cause this one is not gonna work out with just Khandi's presence. She's a great actress, but the whole plotline is full of big holes!!!

That is my major problem with it....the HOLES! The holes are getting bigger by the minute. So much so you could drive a semi through them!! :lol:

The idea is a good one but only if you have all the original players back. The fact that they are missing and adding things in order make this work is a huge problem, imo. Personally, I think the only reason they are doing this flashback is b/c they had no way to transition from the finale to premiere. One thing almost has nothing to do with other. There was no reason to have Eric missing at the end of the season. And now they have basically backed themselves into a corner with having to complete that storyline while coming up a story for the premiere and tie it all together....Which again, seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the finale. :confused::confused: There was absolutely no mention of Sharova and his involvement in the spoilers. The only thing that seems to carry over is Eric's injury. They could have simply ended the Russian mob saga and ended the season and then did the flashback as a standalone to open the season. Why do all season finale's have to end with a life hanging in the balance? Granted sometimes it really works and it makes for great tv (ie the Criminal Minds finale and even CSI NY) but sometimes it is just not necessary.

Again, I am really hoping the surprise me and wow me with this flashback story but I am getting the feeling that it is going to be so out there that we are going to be left going "wtf and wtf was the point?" The only thing I could see salvaging this, given not all the players being around, is if the whole flashback turns out to be some wacky take on the Wizard of Oz. The whole thing is a dream of Eric's b/c of his injury. His brain takes the people and facts about his first case and the people currently in his life and turns them into this flashback. If he had been questoning why he became a CSI in the finale, then I could understand why we are flashing back to the case that makes his decide to become one. But we didn't, so why???

Last edited:
That is my major problem with it....the HOLES! The holes are getting bigger by the minute. So much so you could drive a semi through them!! :lol:

The idea is a good one but only if you have all the original players back. The fact that they will be missing and adding things in order make this work is a huge problem imo. Personally, I think the only reason they are doing this flashback is b/c they had no way to transition from the finale to premiere. One thing almost has nothing to do with other. There was no reason to have Eric missing at the end of the season. And now they have basically backed themselves into a corner with having to complete that storyline while coming up a story for the premiere and tie it all together....Which seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the finale other than Eric's physical dilema. :confused::confused: They could have simply ended the Russian mob saga and ended the season. Why do all season finale's have to end with a life hanging in the balance? Granted sometimes it really works and it makes for great tv but sometimes it is just not necessary.

Especially since it is Eric they are doing this to again. The poor guy can't catch a break! I really wish he could just be happy for a while. Without family traumas, near-death experiences, triangles, etc. Just happy, doing his job, enjoying his relationship happy. The only reason I can think of for the writers to have him go through surgery again is that maybe they got tired of always having to bring the bullet into Eric's storylines. Lawyers going after him questioning his competency, therapists, etc. Maybe this is their way of just getting rid of the thing and not have Eric's physical condition tied down to it. That's actually the only good thing I see about them opening his head again.

Exactly my biggest qualm about this plotline LOL

The idea is a good one but only if you have all the original players back. The fact that they are missing and adding things in order make this work is a huge problem, imo. Personally, I think the only reason they are doing this flashback is b/c they had no way to transition from the finale to premiere. One thing almost has nothing to do with other. There was no reason to have Eric missing at the end of the season. And now they have basically backed themselves into a corner with having to complete that storyline while coming up a story for the premiere and tie it all together....Which again, seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the finale. :confused::confused: There was absolutely no mention of Sharova and his involvement in the spoilers. The only thing that seems to carry over is Eric's injury. They could have simply ended the Russian mob saga and ended the season and then did the flashback as a standalone to open the season. Why do all season finale's have to end with a life hanging in the balance? Granted sometimes it really works and it makes for great tv (ie the Criminal Minds finale and even CSI NY) but sometimes it is just not necessary.
Totally agree with you on this one. I'm still not understanding the reason why they had to end last season in the way they did once they're not gonna continue it. It is completely non-sense, to me! I mean....I want to know who the hell Alexander Sharova, I surely won't give up my will to know something more about the guy, even if I want him out of Miami :lol:

Again, I am really hoping the surprise me and wow me with this flashback story but I am getting the feeling that it is going to be so out there that we are going to be left going "wtf and wtf was the point?"
Well I'm already this kind of feeling, but I really hope they're gonna be able to surprise me ;)

Especially since it is Eric they are doing this to again. The poor guy can't catch a break! I really wish he could just be happy for a while. Without family traumas, near-death experiences, triangles, etc. Just happy, doing his job, enjoying his relationship happy. The only reason I can think of for the writers to have him go through surgery again is that maybe they got tired of always having to bring the bullet into Eric's storylines. Lawyers going after him questioning his competency, therapists, etc. Maybe this is their way of just getting rid of the thing and not have Eric's physical condition tied down to it. That's actually the only good thing I see about them opening his head again.
As much as I can agree with you since you're absolutely right......I just can't see anything good in it **ahem**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back