Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I really don't think its over between Eric and Cal. Sure for now things will be strained, given what happened, but I can't believe they'd spend so much time on the back and forth "will they or won't they" thing, more than 2 years deepening their relationship, promoting it in the press and in previews. to end it so soon. There's still so much story/episode potential there to end it now. So, I'm pretty positive its not over.

I do think there is a real possibility that Eric may have some memory loss and maybe doesn't remember he and Cal had a relationship - giving the writers more of the "will they or won't they" story potential (which would piss me off because its so overdone.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok so Eric appeared, that's good :). However, things do appear to be strained between him and Cal, not so good. My interpretation from what delkolover posted about Eric calling Natalia is: things are not peachy between him and Cal but he still really cares about her and can't wait to find out if she's ok. So even though things are strained there's still love there and does remember that they have/had a relationship (which makes me feel more confident about the writers not going down the amnesia route). So this converstation makes Natalia's and Cal's conversation make more sense. Question is, does this mean that Natalia officially knows what's going on between Cal and Eric?? Makes me think she does...

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I actually just had this thought about the spoilers which could work...

Eric is on leave and things are not necessarily strained between them but it seems now EVERYONE knows about them. And everyone knowing comes Stetler knowing!! So he is on leave but maybe they are disovered by IAB and are sort of forced to be apart which leads to things being strained between them.

Cal is a private person and now that her secret is out and everyone knows that they are together and she was forced to do what she did must be hard....it has to be hard to have everyone's eyes on you. To have everyone you know who trusted you know you lied to them.

Just an idea...again, I think it is an unlikely one but an option none the less. ;)

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I'm not to happy of the fact that Eric calls Natalia instead of Calleigh. Actually, let me rephrase that.. I'm not happy that Eric doesn't call Calleigh. He could be calling anyone that's not Calleigh and it still bother me. Eventhough there could be a slim chance that he might have memory loss or something like that and not remember him and Calleigh, the fact that he calls Natalia gives me no worry at all. Even if they were together at a point in time. But at least he was concerned and worried about Calleigh to ask SOMEONE, since not her, if she was alright.

I do understand why their relationship would be strained, though. And considering the outcome of Eric's actions, (being badly injured, brain surgery) I doubt the relationship's as strained as it could be. I really think after the first few episodes of the season that they'll have most things worked out and be back to being how they were. No way do I think they'll break up, though.

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Remember how we were all trying to predict how the EC reunion would be like? Hoping for some hugging, kissing ... etc... Sigh!!! :(
    I guess we won't get any of that now! :scream::scream::scream: I was trying not to get my hopes up, but I sure wasn't expecting a breakup! I'm thrilled that Eric's OK, but, this? And calling someody else to find out about Cal?
    I know/hope (crossing fingers), that this is only a temporary setback, but did EC need more drama? Didn't they have enough angst already? The writers better make it up for us, OR ELSE... Well, I don't know what I'd do... This is supposed to be great love story! God knows they took long enough time to build it up! :rolleyes: Grrrrr... I'm just soooooo disappointed!

6. delkolover

Think about it this way....remember when Emily said she hopes to be pregnant on and off screen this year? Well maybe the writers will go there and E/C's reuinion will be a steamy one and maybe baby makes 3! ;) :lol: One thing is for sure their reunion is going to be and BETTER be better than them getting together. I really feel like we were cheated in that sense. We waited 7 years for them to get together and all we get are some pecks on the lips...oh no, these writers have got to have something hotter and better up their sleeves and what more of a perfect opportunity than Emily's real life hope? And how they just seem to be, from the spoilers, working this story? We knew it wouldn't be all wine and roses. ;)

The writers have been pretty good with working with the actors and their requests for stories etc, so hopefully she made this known to them a while ago and they are attempting to work it into the show. Even if Emily doesn't get pregnant in real life the idea of a "reunion" between them still works based on how they seem to be writing this. So either way they (the writers) have all the angles covered. The story could work either way; pregnant or not. ;)

I hope Emily gets what she desires and has a baby....there is nothing wrong with being single and having a baby imo. Times have changed and there is no rule that says someone has to be married or in a relationship to have a kid.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I know it's been said before but I really believe that even if EC break up somewhere down the road they'll get together again. You know how TV shows have this one (sometimes more) couple that go through thick and thin and yet the audience just knows they'll end up together, well that's EC for CSI Miami. It's the couple that the writers have dedicated a lot of time to, it's two very loved character, they have a strong foundation, and it's obvious it is not a fling. I just can't imagine either of them getting paired up with anybody else after all they've been through. At least not with anybody else from the cast.

What I would like to know is exactly what is causing the strain in the relationship right now. Is it that Eric is upset because Cal took a shot at him, is he upset because she doubted him in the finale, is it that they have to keep a low profile because they were outed, is it a mix from some of the above? I write just about Eric because it seems that Cal is not the one upset with him. Which is understandable after putting his life in danger. So many questions! And I though spoilers were going to clear things up!! :shifty: Now I want to know 803 spoiler! Or maybe not, maybe they'll just confuse me even more!! :lol:

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Think about it this way....remember when Emily said she hopes to be pregnant on and off screen this year? Well maybe the writers will go there and E/C's reuinion will be a steamy one and maybe baby makes 3! ;) :lol: Hey we can dream right?

I hope Emily gets what she desires and has a baby....there is nothing wrong with being single and having a baby imo. Times have changed and there is no rule that says someone has to be married or in a relationship to have a kid.

Delkolover, I agree with you 100%. Times have changed,
    and I am all for single women having and raising children on their own if they choose do to so.
    As for EC, I'll try to stay positive and hope that the writers have some great storylines in store for us in the following episodes of season 8. Yeah, they can't stop us from dreaming! :)

9. delkolover

I totally agree with ya!!

There are sooo many unanswered questions regarding them that it confuses the hell out of me. I can understand if Eric is upset that Cal took a shot at him...it would make the conversation between her and Nat make a little more sense...I can also see them needing to "lie low" b/c now it would seem that everyone knows about them. Although, even that I am confused and unsure about.

But like you said, whatever seems to be going on, looks like it is coming from Eric's side. Maybe he does have some memory loss or he is just confused. It is also possible that the surgery left him impaired physically in some way and maybe he resents Cal for doing the surgery b/c he is depressed about his situation and Cal is just giving him, as much as it pains her, the space he needs.

Hell, Eric could feel guilty that he put her in the position in the first place and has asked for space. Remember he said he wouldn't know what he would if something were to happen to her and pushing her away is his way of keeping her safe b/c maybe he is in trouble for helping his dad. He doesn't want her to go down with him so the only thing he can do to protect her is to push her away. Which would explain why Cal seems to be having a hard time with the situation they are in.

Or as I said in an earlier post, they need to be apart b/c they have been outed and IAB is all over them and that is putting a strain on them. Maybe the possibility of IAB eventually breathing down their backs puts strain on them.

It is obvious though from the revised spoilers that he still cares and is worried about her. There is just something that has put a strain on them

Whatever the scenario is....it is obvious that since we don't have all the info there is more to all this than meets the eye! ;)

10. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

Well, dang... That doesn't sound good. :( Though I tend to agree with you guys: I don't think they will break up, and even if they do it'll just be a hiatus. It would be STUPID on TPTB's part to write in this huge, angsty, prolonged build-up to a relationship only to have it last for a few episodes. It'd be absolutely pointless, really.

As much as I wanted a happy reunion, it makes sense for them to take a little hiatus.

1. From Eric's perspective, Calleigh didn't seem to trust him with his father. And then there's the whole "My girlfriend shot at me" thing, which in context was understandable, but I'd imagine it'd be a lot to take in.

2. From Calleigh's perspective, Eric definitely crossed a line with getting involved with all that and he put her in a really tough position.

3. And just in general, it would seem natural to take a bit of a hiatus after so much drama... By them getting together, they put themselves in a compromising position with their job and ended up in a shootout against each other. Calleigh was so distracted by Eric being there and by her having shot at him that she left herself completely open in the line of fire. Plus, they now have to deal with the team, Rick, IAB, etc knowing about them.

I do still hope for a reunion of sorts though, after they work everything. Sigh...I hope that's not hoping for too much.

Is it bad that I already have an 8x02 post-ep fic idea and season 8 hasn't even started?! :lol:

11. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

WRITE IT WRITE IT WRITE IT PLEASE! How about right now? :D

You guys, I just had a thought. In the spoilers, it seems like the main reason that Eric calls anyone is to find out if Calleigh's okay. We all know that Calleigh is the master of concealing emotion. Maybe part of the reason why he called Natalia instead was because he knew Calleigh would say "I'm fine" even if she wasn't.

My birthday is in a few days, so if the writers are listening, here's what I want for my present: make sure Calleigh and Eric STAY TOGETHER. And give us a make out scene so we can see that they've patched things up by the end of 802, or sometime in 803. I'm not asking for a lot. Please make my birthday wish come true.

12. delkolover

Asolutely NOT....there is nothing wrong with it! We sooo need something to get us through til September!

I say write the damn thing! That is what fanfiction is for!! :lol:

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I agree as well. Write it, pretty, pretty please with cherries on top?

Ok so I am a little calmed after taking a few hours away from the computer.

Ok so maybe not. I am so disappointed. Eric & Calleigh are not supposed to have problems like this so early on. I mean they built us up for 7 yrs only to take it away in a handful of episodes. I hope that the writers have something good in store for us in the following episodes. It is clear that Eric still loves Calleigh (her and only her!) I am still upset that he called Natalia to ask about Calleigh but happy that he right of the bat asks about Calleigh.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess that what is giving me the most hope about all this is that Eric asks Natalia about CAL. It's obvious that even though there's something causing friction between them he still cares. As does Calleigh given that she doesn't like the fact that he didn't call her.

Some of you gals have mentioned that maybe he has some memory loss and maybe that's why calls Nat. But given the fact that he shows concern towards Calleigh and that he calls Nat to ask about her indicate that he does know there's something between them? When I read that I was actually more confident about him having his memory intact. What makes you gals think the opposite? Just curious :)

Oh and fics are very much needed and welcomed ;)

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Ok for some odd reason my computer won't let me click and view any of the spoiler tabs, so I'm responding to something from the spoiler section.

ok so I'm happy to see Eric actually make an appearance, he better be in the final scene or I'll be very mad, and I don't think Calleigh and Eric had any sort of falling out, why would she get mad at him for almost dieing?
    anyway, I think he just called Natalia because that was who he could get in contact with, I think there good, and all will be fine :)
    and by the time the show actually airs, half the stuff could be different and changed, so I'm just waiting.
    but thank you Delkolover for posting the spoilers, it's eased my worries :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.