William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he is just HOT HOT HOT...Gorgeous, sexy, beautiful...WOW. What a beautiful man....
It was VERY hot yesterday when we got here, very very hot...I had to shower when we got to the hotel so I wouldn't be so gross!

Today (Sunday...the BEST day of my LIFE cos it's BLACKBIRD day!!) was beautiful. Not too hot, just perfect. Very sunny, and the traffic wasn't too bad. We took a cab to the play..I guess youguys need a play-by-play don't you? Ok, here I go....

CISz_4& I left the hotel (Hotel Sax) at about 1:45pm so we could pick up tickets and be there before VG wanted us to be (2:30p) and possibly catch Mr. Gorgeous.
We took a cab which was funny...we talked the whole time about how nervous I was (I had *ahem* consumed alcohol beforehand to stay calm and I was feeling sick from that and nerves) and how we should control ourselves ;P (She'll add to this later)

We pulled up to VG and I had a seriously major breakdown..I wanted to scream, cry, and run all at the same time. I had a dream that we pulled up and Billy was walking toward the theatre at the same time, so I was just waiting to see that happen...Anyways, we walked in, they had my tickets, and I talked to some people until we went into the theatre.

We saw our seats and I almost cried...literally. We were TWO FEET (probably less) from the stage. I mean we could put our feet up on the stage and I got nervous Billy would dump trash all over me...LOL (for those who have seen the play, ya'll get that) We were super close and we could see stuff and the set was beautiful....I got much more fidgety and nervous...we were by far the youngest people in that theatre so we were hoping for some major attention from Billy.

The lights dimmed just after that SEXY voice came over the loudspeakers and announced the usual "no cell phones, no flash photography.." and he kindly asks you to "unwrap your candy at this time." and he ends so beautifully "And now, Blackbird." and that's hwen I got VERY nervous, cos I KNEW he'd be out there.

Billy comes out and I had to focus on my breathing....he's ten times more gorgeous than on TV and makes you feel so very comfortable in his presence; it's like he's known you forever. His delivery was smooth and flawless, full of emotion. He moved around a lot and yes, did see me and we made eye contact twice.

The play was beautiful, and afterwards we stood around for a minute (they were older and had come for Billy ;p) to see if anyone knew if he would come out and say hi, which got shot down pretty quick:(
We took some photos outside the theatre (particularly the VG signs ;p) and chatted with some other people, and then within 30 minutes after the play, everyone was gone, the doors were locked, and life was back to normal.
We took a cab back to the hotel (which is where I am) and talked and talked and talked about Billy the whole way/time. It was not NEARLY enough time with him, it wasn't long enough, but I'm so honored and grateful for it, and I am so very proud of him...very proud of him. <3

PS- no, no other celebrities that we saw...he was the only one :)

Last edited:
Crim, I've just read your review and I hyperventilated for you! That's exactly how I'm going to be. Nervous! We are row D though so we have a bit more room but I think I'll be staring him down for eye contact now!

So chuffed you and CISz had a good one. It's a long time to wait from booking to going. We booked in November, for the flights! And we have a five play pass, so we're going twice... Growl... I think I'll be trying not to pass out the first time, and actually watch it the second time...

PLG has just texted saying we'll be checking in on line this time next week and has threatened to do a little scream in excitement in her workplace! I'm just trying to get through this week with the kids. Friday, I'll be freaking out! :lol:

Can't wait for CSIz's review! Where are you girl? It's 10am here and I'm stuck in my office with a bad boy doing his coursework catch up! I need the juice! :drool:

Am I going to be sick with excitement at the theatre???? :eek:

britfan: I'm VERY jealous you get to go twice...that means you'll probably increase your chances of meeting him...I'd assume :)
Be sure to mention our names if you do ;p Tell 'em we were there Sunday July 12th and in the FRONT left row, no less!
We had the BEST seats...wow...I can't believe how CLOSE we were. I was very tempted to steal a piece of trash off of the stage...*bwahahah* Ya'll will find out what that means ;)

I almost bought front center tickets for tonight's performance at 7:30p but that ended up not working :( Oh well. I'm DEFINITLEY going for Endgame next year, for SURE. I need to get Steepenwolf Theatre on speedial right by VG :)
Have FUN! Billy is GOOORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Crim are you back to earth yet?:lol: You are tainted with Billyness forever, and will never be the same, good job and all the rest who saw him. Here's a review of a girl from France. Alice who actually got to meet him, and took photos with him:wtf: how the H did that happen. Some people are at the right place at the right time:shifty:

A FAN MEETS BILLY

Crim: So happy that you and CSIz_4 had a great time!
Your description just makes me want to squeal with excitement. You sound exactly how I think I'll sound after I see Billy. :devil::drool:

I can't believe I still have 3 more weeks before I go...arrrg!!!!:scream:

britfan: So you're the next one to get to see Billy. Hope you manage to meet him. I'm really excited for you!!!
woo.gif

I've taken up permanent residence in LA LA Land ;)
I'm SO high from seeing him...I mean, there are so many moments that got recorded in my brain & just keep replaying like a video camera....it's just awesome...and being so close to him, and being able to watch him up close (like, very up close) & just being amazed by him is just SUCH a high...wow...It's great, ya'll are going to be absolutely beside yourselves like I am....you can't help but be...it's just the awe that is Billy ;p

He just makes you feel comfortable onstage cos he is...I mean, he makes you comfortable in that he's not squirming about the subject content so the audience doesn't either...It's certainly NOT for the faint of heart or delicate disposition people...Ya'll need to wait til 2010 if you're delicate ;)

Tell Billy he missed two gorgeous front row ladies on Sunday the 12th ;) He might remember us, IDK, cos we totally caught each other's eyes twice.....Oh *bliss*

Thanks for your review Crim.

So Britfan and Gilsgal are the next, I'am happy there will be more reviews !

Does anybody know if his castmates from CSI went to see him ?

I hope it will happen when Britfan and Gilsgal will be there, it would be cool ;)

^ i know Eric talked about going and seeing Billy's play. i'm pretty certain Marg mentioned it at one point too (when Billy was leaving CSI i think.) i'm guessing they didn't start filming the show yet, so now would be the best time to do it.

I hope it will happen when Britfan and Gilsgal will be there, it would be cool ;)

Are we the next up??? Blimey! Poppylvsgriss and I will be on the plane this time next week! Flying over the north of England... Squeeeeeeeeee!!! (That's my little scream in my office! :lol:)

How funny would it be if we bumped into Jorja Fox and Marg Helgenberger in the toilets!! :lol: Chatting over the performance. Would it be pervy to ask for a photo with them in a theatre lavatory...? Not on it, but in the vicinity...? Is that wrong... :guffaw:

Are we the next up??? Blimey! Poppylvsgriss and I will be on the plane this time next week! Flying over the north of England... Squeeeeeeeeee!!! (That's my little scream in my office! :lol:)

If you squee on the plane over there britters, i'll eat my hat! you'll be clutching onto the seat for your life! :guffaw:

Next up though - oh dear GOD!!!!! :bolian: I'm veering from extreme squeeing to frustration due to the fact this week is going SO SLOW!!!! Can't wait to see those back bumps in. the. flesh.........:devil:

Yes, Britfan and poppylvsgriss are next. Then me on Aug 1st...time goes so slow when you want it to go fast!! I'll definitely be adding a review when I get back :)

Squeeeeing is perfectly acceptable when it comes to Billy. I am soooo excited to be going soon and to hear about everyone's experiences too.

How funny would it be if we bumped into Jorja Fox and Marg Helgenberger in the toilets!! :lol: Chatting over the performance. Would it be pervy to ask for a photo with them in a theatre lavatory...? Not on it, but in the vicinity...? Is that wrong... :guffaw:
OMG!!! You are too funny bf....:guffaw:

Next up though - oh dear GOD!!!!! :bolian: I'm veering from extreme squeeing to frustration due to the fact this week is going SO SLOW!!!! Can't wait to see those back bumps in. the. flesh.........:devil:

It is frustrating when you want time to speed up, it's like it purposely slows down on you. :rolleyes:

Billy up close and personal is definite squeeing material. I'm really excited for you and britfan. Remenber we want ALL the details...lol!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Billy in non-baggy pants. I love his back view...mmm...and the front view!!! *grrrowl* :devil::drool: :alienblush:

I'm looking forward to seeing Billy in non-baggy pants. I love his back view...mmm...and the front view!!! *grrrowl*
Lucky for you (and us, particularly in the front row) you get BOTH....Front, side, back....and ooooooh it's amazing......I swear, all of the rear end shots they got of him in CSI, they're exactly how his butt looks in real life, only in real life it's a billion times better ;p
His butt looks AMAZING in his pants for the play.....wow....and the eye contact along with getting to stare at that man's body..*WOO HOO* Amb's in blissful heaven right now!

Anyhoo, have fun everyone who is still going! I wish I could go twice!!

EDIT: Hey, I stayed up til 2:00am this morning writing a fan fiction, so if anyone wants to read it, PM me. It definitely draws on my Blackbird experience...I'll PM anyone interested with further information :)
GO SEE BLACKBIRD IF YOU HAVEN'T!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: If ANYONE from these boards is seriously considering going to Chicago to see Endgame next year (2010), PLEASE contact me via PM ASAP. I am planning on attending and would like to get a group of boardies together to go not only so we can experience Billy together *YAY* but also so we can up our chances of possibly meeting up with him...Again, I'll PM anyone who is interested with more info :p

Last edited:
Ok, Ok I'm here...I think.:lol: Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I think Crim has pretty much summed up the experience and probably gave a better review than what I could since I'm not very good at that sort of thing, but I'll try to say something here....

First and foremost, I just got to say, we had THE best seats in the house. Now some people may disagree, but I see nothing wrong with getting to stare at some of his finer 'assets' for a little while:devil:....and when he set down right in front of us, giving us that gorgeous side profile, I had never wanted to jump on a stage so bad in my life.:lol: I was a little nervous before the play, not because I was nervous for him but, because I didn't really know what to expect. Then, once the lights came on and there he was standing right in front of me, I was fine. Seeing him up there was just the most natural/comfortable thing you'd ever seen. It was like something you seen everyday. I loved that feeling. The play in itself is pretty dark and to get up there and do what he did is amazing. You truly don't know how to feel about the situation by the end. You're left with more questions than answers.

One of the things that sticks out in my mind about the whole thing, personally, is that when I first seen him, not one time did the name Grissom or CSI cross my mind. All I seen was William Petersen, the actor....and I LOVED that. I think it says a lot about his capability as an actor and just how great he really is. I'm just sooo grateful that I got to experience one of the finer actors in the business and hopefully it won't be the last.;)

Ok, Ok I'm here...I think.:lol: Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I think Crim has pretty much summed up the experience and probably gave a better review than what I could since I'm not very good at that sort of thing, but I'll try to say something here....

First and foremost, I just got to say, we had THE best seats in the house. Now some people may disagree, but I see nothing wrong with getting to stare at some of his finer 'assets' for a little while:devil:....and when he set down right in front of us, giving us that gorgeous side profile, I had never wanted to jump on a stage so bad in my life.:lol: I was a little nervous before the play, not because I was nervous for him but, because I didn't really know what to expect. Then, once the lights came on and there he was standing right in front of me, I was fine. Seeing him up there was just the most natural/comfortable thing you'd ever seen. I was like something you seen everyday. I loved that feeling. The play in itself is pretty dark and to get up there and do what he did is amazing. You truly don't know how to feel about the situation by the end. You're left with more questions than answers.

One of the things that sticks out in my mind about the whole thing, personally, is that when I first seen him, not one time did the name Grissom or CSI cross my mind. All I seen was William Petersen, the actor....and I LOVED that. I think it says a lot about his capability as an actor and just how great he really is. I'm just sooo grateful that I got to experience one of the finer actors in the business and hopefully it won't be the last.;)

You did a GREAT job with this! See, you talked about seeing Billy as an ACTOR, as BILLY, and not as Grissom. That's an awesome statement because I saw Billy too, and it was amazing, like not as Grissom but as Billy the versatile, amazing, phenomenal actor :) CONGRATS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!!
I also love how you mentioned his stage presence (and presence in general ;p) was SO comfortable & natural...I can't stress enough how that helps the audience relax as well, and not just Mattie or himself, but truly helps us as the viewers, who may or may not have any idea what to expect.

I have to add that I agree with everything my bestie/CSIz_4 said in her review. We both will admit to seriously (in all total and complete seriousness) considering jumping onto that stage...at least I will. It was such a temptation.

Criminologist86 said:
Lucky for you (and us, particularly in the front row) you get BOTH....Front, side, back....and ooooooh it's amazing......I swear, all of the rear end shots they got of him in CSI, they're exactly how his butt looks in real life, only in real life it's a billion times better ;p
His butt looks AMAZING in his pants for the play.....wow....and the eye contact along with getting to stare at that man's body..*WOO HOO* Amb's in blissful heaven right now!

Thanks for the information Crim. You know just what I REALLY want to know...!!! LOL!!!

Ok, Ok I'm here...I think.:lol: Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

There you are CSIz_4. I was afraid that you had literally died and gone to heaven from the Billy hotness and we weren't going to hear from you at all...!!! :p

First and foremost, I just got to say, we had THE best seats in the house. Now some people may disagree, but I see nothing wrong with getting to stare at some of his finer 'assets' for a little while:devil:....and when he set down right in front of us, giving us that gorgeous side profile, I had never wanted to jump on a stage so bad in my life.:lol:

Yes!!! That's what I'm afraid of. I mean, my husband is going with me, and stopping that jumping instinct is darn difficult!!! :devil:
I am soooo looking forward to seeing Billy's "assets"... :drool:

That's what I can't wait for...to see Billy transform into Ray. I get goosebumps just thinking about it, because I love theater so much...and really respect Billy as an actor. I just know he's going to be awesome and blow us all away!!!

I'm so happy that you had a wonderful experience CSIz_4. Thanks for giving us your review. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back