Should Flack Be Disciplined; Will He

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, May 15, 2009.

?

Should He; Will He

1. Should, Will

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Should, Won't

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Shouldn't, Will

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Shouldn't, Won't

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think pretty much the same as this, and there's no point saying the same thing twice:lol:

i voted should be but won't be - i think it would be a shame to ignore what happened and let flack just get away with it, so to speak, but given other recent transgressions (by others) being ignored by mac and the other senior types, i think it's unlikely that flack will get more than a slap on the wrist. as above i do totally see why he did it, but the fact remains he shouldn't.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I voted Should/Won't.

Should: I have all the sympathy in the world for what Flack was going through at the time, but there's justice and then there's vengeance. Flack of all people should know the difference, and I think on some level he did. I was shocked by what this said about his integrity (because of course, Flack's integrity kind of tops everyone else's on the show). The guy was bleeding out through the chest anyway, I doubt he'd've survived.

Won't: They're really not going to go down this road again, if you ask me. We've already had episodes with Danny and Mac being investigated for possible murders by IAB, and Flack was already investigated by IAB this season. This would be the one time where an investigation would actually be fruitful and necessary, but go figure. Even if they did, we know the guy was still able to move after being shot in the chest - there's nothing that says that he couldn't have aimed his own gun again, and then Flack just shot out of self-defense. I do think the rest of the team might find out, but they're not going to turn Flack in. How it plays out among them, on the other hand, that'll be interesting to watch.

3. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

I also voted Should/ Won't

I totally agree with Maya316 and more interested in possible changes to Flack's character and writing that up would be really tricky because no one would want to see his sharp wit and caring personality disappear. Oh, I wish I had a magic wand to erase that scene to save me from worrying that! :scream:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  4. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

I dont think he did shoot the guy, but the NYPD does need to go though the motions of discipling him.

5. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

he should beause it was wrong two wrongs don't make a right but he won't nobody seen anything and even if something came up nothing can be proved it's his word against a dead bloke lol unless ghost whisperer shows up lol

6. Duke

Duke Witness

I think disciplining him would make for an even better storyline. But then I've been thinking about this a lot...maybe too much. :p

Flack's old school, one of the good guys, but maybe he's going to be overcome with guilt and have a crisis of some sort. Eg; He might think after this incident that maybe he's not cut out to be on the force, anymore.

I hope that doesn't happen, because that would mean the end of Flack and I don't want that!! But at the same time, aside from Aiden and Jess, the show hasn't lost a major character as yet... :( Oh, I'm upsetting myself now.

Over and out.