CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Since the previous spoiler discussion thread reached 1000 posts, I thought I'd open one for us to post (and discuss) any information we receive over the summer about season 6. We probably won't get much to start with, but hopefully there will be some tidbits to hold us over until the real spoilers start coming out in a few months. ;)

I posted this in the previous thread - I don't know if there was anything relevant posted after I shared this, so if there is y'all can bring that over as well. :)

~ From MegaBuzz:

~ Also, CBS released their schedule - the three CSI shows are staying put.

2. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Wow! Can't believe they're in season 6 already. I feel proud. And goodness is this is going to be a long summer, it always is with cliffhangers for me!

--------------------------------------------
    Just wanted to bring this one over too:

Quote:
    Question: What is your take on CSI:NY pulling a Dynasty and having all of the main cast potentially gunned down in a hail of automatic weapons fire (fade to black) cliffhanger? --Eric
    Ausiello: My take is that if Gary Sinise doesn't accept CBS' salary freeze proposal, Det. Jessica Angell won't be the only supporting character headed six feet under.

---------------------------------------------
    I wonder if they think one of the other actors won't take the salary freeze and that's why we had the cliffhanger where anyone can go. Maybe they did it for a reason other than just ratings/suspense.But it is weird how they pinpointed Gary. Ausiello does say "supporting character" though....

So about Emmanuelle being fired: *sigh* I think it was a shame that they let one of the female characters go (not that i don't enjoy the boys). Now, we only have Stella and Lindsay. And for me, only one is worth watching;) Only Stella is left to portray that strong women, girl power that i felt with Jess (and have with Stella always). Anyhooser, i'm excited to see what season 6 brings. And hopefully we get some more spoilers---SOON!

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

*pinning*

I can't see Gary not taking the salary freeze if it means one of the supporting cast would lose his/her job. That said, I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility--after reading some comments around here, I think Miami's coroner, Tara Price, might have been the victim of budget cuts.

I still think it seems like getting rid of Angell was a creative decision as much as a budgetary one--or at least it was written well enough that it didn't feel extraneous or pointless. But I guessing ending the season the way they did certainly leaves the door open to cut someone else if need be.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ugh, I just want answers ASAP. They better not get rid of the main cast on me! Grr now I'm rhyming lol

The one ray of hope is, don't the new spoilers usually start around July? or August at least?

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I really hope that they don't kill off anyone, and I hope Gary will take a salary freeze so that the other actors can stay on the show.

6. Blue

Blue Police Officer

Hi everybody,

First I was really shocked when I read your post[​IMG]
    for my first thought was that they mean Gary as the actor !!!
    [​IMG]
    So after reading it several times and some yoga exercises (OOOOOOOOMMM) I am sure for me crazy Gary fan that they mean Gary as producer.

But it annoys me all the same:

We have a saying here:
    You can save something to death :scream:

and that`s what they are doing if another charakter has to leave!!!:scream:

When you read this threads you can see that every charakter has his/her fans ( even Lindsey....:guffaw:OK, that was not funny, sorry, I take it back)

and together they make what CSI NY represents!!!!

It was sad enough to loose Angell and the cliffhanger is exciting too( if you like torture...) but that´s enough to my opinion!!!!!

I think they don´t do a favour with his politics to anyone:scream::scream:

Udonna:luvlove:

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I cannot fancy the Gary without money would work. This would be also a bad joke. He would also have to be crazy to expose himself free of charge to the big stress. If, the big film bosses should renounce sometimes somewhat of your fees. They also forget, without good actors there are also no spectators. Then they can set down the series. Without Gary there would be CSI NY no more.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

They're not talking about not paying Gary; what they're discussing is a salary freeze, which means he wouldn't be getting a raise. It seems simple enough, but from what I understand, doing so could invalidate some sort of SAG deal, so I'm not sure Gary and the other lead actors will take it. I guess we'll see what happens.

9. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

This is an article I found where Peter Lenkov is talking about the recession:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20090524/FREE/905249991

Here is the excerpt:
    ----------------------------------------

New York is a port city, too, but the shipping trade does not account for as large a share of the region’s jobs. Media companies are cutting back here, yet the latest statistics show that companies are slicing deeper in the Los Angeles area.The New York area’s share of the nation’s information-industry employment rose in April versus a year earlier, to 9.6% from 9.4%, in part because there have been more job losses in Los Angeles.

“I always thought the entertainment business was recession-proof, but I’ve been proved wrong,” says Peter Lenkov, an executive producer for television show CSI: NY, who lives in Los Angeles.

“There is a lot of belt-tightening, which translates into smaller budgets, less production and take-it-or-leave-it deals all across the board.”

-------------------------------------
    To me, it really sounds like they are NOT doing good at all. Which makes me believe even more now that TPTB want someone else off too....

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still find it hard to believe that Emmanuelle's exit was due to budget cuts. She was not on the show that often, so I don't honestly see how she could have cost that much money. I would think that cutting someone in the main cast would save more money than cutting someone who only appears every so often. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

11. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I heard that they're going to start filming the new season in July...whoo hoo! I think Gary said that in one of his interviews...so we'll get spoilers in about July or August I guess...:)

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So, (unless Gary is just saying this to throw us off) it looks like Gary will be back at work for season 6. :)

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Top41, thanks for the info. I had not understood it.

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I get what you are saying but I think out of all the supporting cast Emmanuelle was probably the most expensive. They probably thought they could cut her appearances right down or make an explosive season finale with a character death - kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

I guess TPTB possible haven't decided if they are going to kill of another character themselves yet, maybe they are hoping the economy will pick up before they start season 6 so they wont have to. The cliffhanger has left them the option if they need to take it, it will be interesting to see what happens and if someone does have to go who they chose.

15. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Cutting down her appearances might have worked, but she was in relationship with Flack. Even though I loved her character either way, her being involved with Flack kind of guaranteed that she would be seen a little more than the average guest star...which kind of rationalizes their choice to kill her off. It was either that, or break up F/A...which I'm glad they didn't do.

I really hope they don't choose to kill anybody else off. Yeah, the economy isn't the best right now and they might need budget cuts, but the cast is so wonderful that it would be difficult to take someone out of it who is in the main cast and still have the show be the same (except for Lindsay IMO, but thats for another thread). If they don't kill somebody off, isn't there another way to save money on the show? Like filming in cheaper places or whatever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.