Best Season of CSI: NY

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by calleighspeedle, May 21, 2009.

?

Best Season of CSI: NY

1. Season One

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Season Two

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Season Three

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Season Four

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Season Five

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Now that season 5 is over, I would like to know what your favourite season of the show so far is and why.:)

P.S I think this poll has been done before but I thought I'd revive it.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Season 1 hands down. The cases were intriguing and diverse. The characters were more of a team, meaning they all worked well and fit together. I've never felt Lindsay fit in or works with the other characters. Danny was one of the best written characters on network TV. The dynamics between the characters were realistic. Things just haven't been the same since S1.

3. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

I vote for season 4. The premiere episode was really good, and the arc-epi like the case with suspect X, and especially the Cabbie Cab killer were also good. Some of my friends said they don't like CSINY since it is too futuristic. And that's exactly why i love this show :lol: And in season 4, this futuristic aura was really there. The room when Mac and Sid make this digital autopsy, the use of avatar in the virtual life game, bat-mobile, the drug that can make you fake your death, the astronaut death, etc. True, there were still some things that could have been done better, but it's my favorite season so far, all things taking into account. (I said that, because if you know me, and the ship i ship, you'll know what my favorite season, ship-wise, is. :D)

4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Season 1 was my favourite of CSI: NY.

5. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i voted for season 2 , because one of my favorite episodes is trapped :)

6. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Season 3's my favorite. I think we got a lot of development of the characters, and I loved the whole Truby/Dobson story arc throughout the season (especially how it showcased relationships [not necessarily romantic] between the characters, like Mac and Flack).

7. CSIinator

CSIinator Victim

I voted for Season 4. The cabbie killer was an awesome storyline.

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I voted for Season 2, with Season 3 a close second choice.
    The second season is the one where the show started to get into it's own groove. We found out more about the characters, had some interesting storylines, everyone got along with each other (most of the time). There was more of a group dynamic then there has been lately where everyone is kind of off doing there own thing.

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Season 1 beyond any cloud of a doubt. Back then the characters were interesting, the cases were real and New York was used as a character not as a set, like AZ said, but then they juts lost it as the series advanced.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Season one. The cases felt more New York-ish, the team was a team, Danny was himself (as was Mac) and the lighting was good! Now we're stuck with what we have now: and I'm not liking it.

:(

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i put season 3 because i love it but i really like season 1 as well.

season 5 is only 2/3 of the way through here so i can't really judge that yet.

12. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

From my mind to your fingers. Totally agree!

I voted for Season 1. It was totally different straight out the box. It had better storylines, including the original cabbie killer, in Blink. Awesome show then.

Kinda figured that romance would come into the show once they got picked up and change it a bit, but not to the point where it's sometimes unwatchable. :( But, I thought it would have/should have been Mac and Stella. Go figure.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

"Blink" is one of my all time favorite episodes... from any of the three CSI shows. I haven't seen the episode in quite some time (I just found my season one DVD set the other day), but the shots of Mac in the church and then going to where Claire died at the end of the episode were just great scenes. The actors were also better cast back then, to be quite honest. Not so much stunt casting during the season. Aiden had a real great screen presence and not to mention, the lab sets were the most unique out of all three shows!

14. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

Season 3 has been my favourite because it offered different kinds of stories and different kinds of character development.
    I also liked the arcs in season 3.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Season one, definitely. The show had an authenticity, a grittiness, a darkness to it that hasn't been matched since. It felt real, and the characters fit together so well. Mac was brooding, Stella was tough, Danny was an emotional fireball, Flack was a wisecracker (at least that hasn't changed!), Hawkes was quirky and Aiden was complex and savvy.

My runner up would probably be season four, because of its dark arc for Danny with the death of Ruben. That was daring territory to wander into, and the fact that it was dropped in season five is unfortunate.