The Cliffhanger Poll *SPOILERS for the FINALE*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2009.

?

Who do you think will be shot in the diner?

1. Mac Taylor

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Stella Bonasera

14 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Danny Messer

37 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Don Flack

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    18.0%
  7. Adam Ross

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  8. Sid Hammerback

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

One of half of my head says Danny because he has just ha dthe perfect ending so what better fall to have than get shot but then the other half of my head is going isn't Danny to obvious and is edging towards possibly Hawkes or even Stella... its soo frustrating because everyone is there.

I do keeping geting this thought of would they be stupid and get Mac hit but I still can't see that.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I've just rewatched the promo and something new struck me. As the shots ring out they all manage to hold onto their glasses except for one. Stella. I'm sure I'm looking too much into it but I first noticed that some still had hold of their drinks despite ducking and diving. All except for Stella who seems to let go of hers pretty much at the first shot. Could it be because she was hit? Or maybe not. :)

3. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I voted for Sheldon, I just have a gut feeling. They've been developing his character quite a bit and this, for TPTB, would be the next logical step.

If not him than my next guess is El Danno. The one that I actually wish was in danger---Flack! He's already going to be distressed, it would be such good drama to see his emotions, AND give Eddie some more screentime, and a chance to show off his major acting skills.

If it's Mac or Stella I won't be happy, 5x24 is already going to be all about them pretty much.

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I've got that same bad feeling about Hawkes. Then again, I think the only logical person would be Danny and the CSI franchise has had a habit of destroying my hopes and dreams lately. (Okay, so I'm still bitter about Warrick.) I just hope it's neither Hawkes nor Danny... Flack or Angell could both use the story line.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

No, i don't think it's Stella. (You betcha i would love that one) She seemed to be pushed by the guy next to her (i can't tell who he is)

Again i would prefer Adam or Hawkes for a change. And no, i don't expect someone dies. But it will be very interesting who gets harm ;)

Mokis! q lindo verte por aca.Visita el Smacked Thread. SerĂ¡s muy bienvenida!

6. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I voted Danny, only because I think the show is foreshadowing and though I really don't want it to be him, it probably will be. They'll focus all on his recovery and Flack will act as though nothing happend, that he didn't lose his g/f. Thats my prediction

7. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I voted Danny. I don't want it to be him but I am sure the writers are heading for the predictable soap ridden route. I would love for them to prove me wrong, but I don't think so.:(

If it is him its boring, lazy and oh so predictable. Come on guys go for something more. Make it someone else. I don't want any more D/L drama.:scream::scream::scream:

We kinda suspect who ever it is, is going to be okay. (Pam Veasey's comment about a hopefull upeat start to season 6) So lets give Adam, Hawkes or Sid some much needed drama and air time.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

While I'm sure there will be some D/L drama if Danny is the one who gets shot, I still see it as the one thing that could push Flack over the edge on the heels of Angell's death. And the idea of seeing Flack and Mac on the hunt for the shooter at the beginning of next season is exciting.

I admit to being totally biased though--the idea of a hot-under-the-collar/out-of-control Flack is really hot. :drool: Especially if it's over something bad happening to Danny. ;)

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:drool: Yeah, that would be hot. I would definitely like to see Flack and Mac on the hunt for the shooter, that would make an exciting start to the season. :)

10. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

^Yeah, I'd be down for that too!

I just feel like Danny has been getting into a lot of trouble/situations recently, and in the past, and maybe it might be a change to see another character in a fight- possibly for his or her life. But, I guess, it would stay true to Danny's character, being caught in sticky situations... not that he got himself intot his one...or maybe he did... do we really know why they are being shot at??

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I voted Sid, so he didn't feel left out. :)

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

was gonna hold off on voting fer awhile, but eh, what the hell. :lol:

Voted Danny. Not because it's what I'd wanna see but could see the show going that route. Not sure I'd have said the whole of the season has been foreshadowing, but a convenient usage of how the season went for him. It would bring more melodrama to the table, being a new father, young baby (perhaps freshly named after another fallen colleague as a middle name), young marriage, gut the happiness and have an off season of angst :p

It would leave the other major players available to relentlessly hunt the shooters down (mebbe Sheldon, Danno's new best bud, will get into the middle of things more too). It would double the weight of Flack's inner burden, and in some ways TPTB've written moments in the season that have rejuvenated a sense of Mac being a mentor to Danny (and Mac of course is also a proud new godpoppa to Danny's child as well).

Last, the execs have said that S6 will carry over the drama, but will also start things off in a positive, cheerful chipper way etc. I forget the exact wording :lol: What's more cliffhanger than jeopardizing the culmination of DL fairytale happiness by having the real world intrude when a close colleague is killed, but in the hunt for that killer, one half of the happy young couple is left hanging in the balance? What's more cheerful than having them survive the drama? Can't ya just see the writers using that as a turning point in Messer's outlook and behaviour, mebbe finally starting to grow up, etc? What's more positive than a restored young family? Oh happy happy joy joy, I can hardly wait for the scenes of Lindsay angsting... :lol:

I could see Danny being the one hurt in rashly pursuing someone without thinking too much about how he went about it, spur of the moment.

Dunno. Think it would be more interesting if it was one of the others, but I could see it being Danny if someone else being is shot is the cliffhanger.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I voted Danny just cause of all the foreshadowing and the rumor about him being comatose.

However, now that I think about it, if the whole team is supposed to be there when the shooting takes place and in the video, ducking I only saw Danny, Linds, Flack, Stella and Adam. So, that makes me think that it'll be one of the others not shown ducking who may get hit. So that means Sid, Hawkes or Mac. I'd hate for it to be Mac cause last year's finale ended with him in danger and it's so evident that he's not going to be killed off, so that disrupts any suspense there might have been. I don't think it'll be Sid cause he's already had a brush with death this season where he was in the hospital. I really doubt they'd put him in the hospital again this soon. Which only leaves Hawkes. So, I'm thinking pretty much if it's not Danny, it'll probably be Hawkes.

However, they could pull a stunt have Sinclair there with them toasting Angell's memory and him being the one to get shot. It wouldn't surprise me.

14. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

What's this obsession with Danny growing up? The world is full of grown-ups, leave the overgrown toddler alone. You'll be wanting Adam to grow up next. :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

They can't shoot Sinclair, he's too handsome, the sniper would be too mesmerised to pull the trigger.

If they shoot Mac, I'll bet he still leads the investigation, after pulling the bullet out with his teeth.

15. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I went with Mac. Not totally sure why but I just have this feeling...

I think there'll could still be DL drama without either Danny or Lindsay getting injured because this will be a close call for both of them. It's really going to put things into perspective given that they have a new baby who's depending on them.