Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

Whoa Delkolover, just whoa! Thanks for that info. now I'm shaking LOL My bet is that it's not who I really want it to be...Im gonna wait to see other people's responses to this.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I know what you mean delkolover, I hate cliffhangers too. It is absolute torture. :scream:

I don't know when I read the press release for the finale I automatically assumed that it was bad news. I don't want anything bad to happen to Eric or Calleigh. I guess I have been watching too many reruns of NY undercover when Nina flatlined at Eddie's side. I just hope that they are able to resolve this before the show ends, because I know that I won't be able to handle it all summer. :scream:

Ausiello's blind item:I saw it last night, someone guessed that it was Eric & Calleigh, but I don't think it is, remember they don't like our show. :lol:

3. cara

cara Victim

thanks for the welcome back, Marija_Magdalena. :)
    :confused: another cliffhanger? but we were just getting to the good stuff!!!
    and the good stuff took a long time... really long.

so long as TPTB stick it out with the E/C love, i guess i'll just feed my mind with happy reruns.

The blind item is for House, MD me thinks. Huddy.

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Hello Cara, it's always nice to greet another member of our not so little highugger community.:thumbsup:
    I think your idea of making a collage about E/C is really great. I don't know how could I help, but if you need something just ask.:)

As for the cliffhanger, though I don't like it I guess it's a big possibility that Eric might get hurt and of course they leave us wondering how it will end.:scream:
    About the bump in the road, well I suppose it have to come once, although for me it's a bit too soon. They are together just a couple weeks, so I thought, that at least to the end of this season there won't be any dramas in their lives, but apparently I was wrong.:rolleyes:
    Anyway even if there will be some tension I hope they explain everything to each other and will be ok if not in the last episode of this season, then in the beginning of the another one.

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't think the Blind Item is about Eric and Calleigh. It said that the male in the relationship needs help from a psychologist and/or surgeon. Eric definitely needs to keep talking to a psychologist, but surgery? They can't remove those bullet fragments from his brain. What would he need surgery on?

I kind of want to smack Eric upside the head. Calleigh's a smart girl, and she knows what she's talking about when she says "Don't go looking for trouble with your Russian mob father." Listen to your girlfriend! She loves you!

I can't see Eric dying, or even getting seriously injured. How many "life-threatening" situations have they ALL been in? Literally, every time they have to take out their guns. But taking out their guns does not mean they will be injured. They usually end up arresting/shooting/talking the criminal out of what he/she is planning.

I don't mind Calleigh and Eric having some bumps in the road. I'm just praying they're not going to break them up. Just let them be quietly happy for once!

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I'm right there with you on your interpretation of the CBS press release. Put in jeopardy doesn't necessarily translate into actual violence. It may turn out to be a threatening situation which never comes to a head, like you said. I hope this is the case. I'd hate to see either Calleigh or Eric back in the hospital AGAIN, fighting for their life AGAIN.

I'd love to see some action-heavy scenes for Emily since she's said in multiple interviews that she'd love to do more scenes of that nature. I'd love to see Calleigh kicking ass and taking names!

I'm actually alright with cliffhangers. It spurs tons of speculation, so there's always lots of discussion taking place in the interim between seasons, and there are usually plenty of "here's how it's resolved" fanfics coming out before the official "here's how it's REALLY resolved" episode airs.

Oh, and if that blind item actually applies to Calleigh, I'll eat my left shoe. I'm sure the CSI franchise is shying away from pregnancy after all the backlash with Lindsay in NY.

Eric might need surgery if his life is put in jeopardy AND he's actually injured. Then again, like I said, I hope hope hope that the writers aren't thinking of putting Eric back into the hospital AGAIN.

I think Calleigh ought to smack him upside the head. And honestly, he doesn't have to listen to her in the capacity of her being his girlfriend and having veto power on his actions. He should listen to her in the context of her being an intelligent, competent law enforcement officer who has an instinct for these kinds of things. He's obviously not thinking rationally about the situation, but she is. He should defer to her experienced and rational perspective on the matter.

Then again, if he did that, we wouldn't have as interesting a show to watch. If they did everything they were supposed to do, it'd probably get a bit dull. Making mistakes and following poor judgment = more drama.

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I don't think that Blind Item is about Calleigh and Eric either. I'm about 95% positive on who it is about, though, because it matches up pretty closely to spoilers I read about another show that I watch.

I'm glad that there is going to be some conflict between Eric and Calleigh. I just hope that it's nothing too major. No doubt that Calleigh will be pissed at Eric, though, since it seems like he's going to ignore her warnings.

It's not like he has to do what she tells him to because they're together and what-not.. but they do deal with crime on a regular basis. You would think he'd have better judgement on who and who not to trust. Didn't his father put a hit out on him? It's just not a smart idea to get involved with the man even if he did get Eric out of being deported.

I doubt that EC will break up. The season might not end on a good note for them, but we were told that there would be a bump in a road for EC. It's to be expected and I think the season finale is a good time to bring in conflict for them because it's not too close from when they got together and it's not way in future either.

Calleigh has trust issues. Eric not listening to her and getting himself put in the middle of danger is likely to upset her quite a bit. But she also cares about him so much, that I don't think she'd let her anger or whatever feelings she might feel get in the way of her love for him. If he gets hurt.. I'm sure she'd be right there with him making sure that he's okay.

8. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Dont know if this should have spoiler tags but puttin some just in case.;)

I agree with you Ginnna I dont hink thats based on E/C. But it sounds alot like it.I woldn't want to see Eric in the hospital again, he's been through soo much already when that bullet hit him in the head:rolleyes: And he still has bullet fragments in his brain:(poor thing.
    But I would really want to see Calleigh confess her feeling for Eric. Eric already did it in 7.14 and I would rally want to see her confess hers. Why? because Cal is tooo closed up with her feelings.She might have said infront of Eric "Someone knows about us" but that In my opinion dont come from Calleigh's soul, something way down deep. LIke Eric said he couldn't live without her so maybe she could say something beyond those lines.:)

Cant wait for new ep on monday:scream:
    Wonder what E/C scenes are in store for us:confused:

9. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

There's an article related to that next to that topic. I really wished they actually filmed that one, the plot seemed well done, but I think they'd have continuation problems (not that they don't now) but also the writers might have thought it was totally out of left field and extremely unrealistically speaking.

The Article:http://www.csifiles.com/news/141203_01.shtml

I'm also creating a little fic about it, I was just so tempted. :)

10. cara

cara Victim

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) i'm behind, so before I get to working, i kind of have to catch up on caps, caps, caps, promos, caps and miami style is dead :scream: and caps. My only source would be LJ-ers.

So if any of you know a great caps archive, then that would be of super help. I intend to do the screencaps myself but that would still be after I download all the E/C episodes. Haha. :lol:

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Calleigh does have trust issues but she does care about him very much and I think it will be those emotions that won't allow Eric to go through whatever he decides to do with his father alone....I think it is possible, if someone if going to get physicaly hurt from this situation, that as the tag says, Eric is put in jeopardy BUT I think at the moment of jeopardy Cal shows up and she herself put in danger....

Three things are possible here then:

1) Cal shows up to help b/c that is what she does and she doesn't want Eric to get hurt and she figures, as she as done in the past (HDTMYK) if he is going to cross a line...she is going to be there to help him. In showing up her life is put in danger and at a moment when something might happen to Eric she puts herself in the line of fire so to speak or in showing up she accidentally becomes a target....the hit might still be on Eric and now it extends to his dad b/c he helped in him 716.

2) Eric is put in danger but his father surpises us all and makes the ultimate sacrifce for his son....obviously the guy feels something for Eric b/c he did help him in 716....you don't do that for someone who you seemingly "owe nothing to"

3) The whole thing is a Red Herring! The whole his life is in danger thing is like a 2 minute scene where it is resolved in like two seconds or, as usual, Super H shows up at the last second and saves the day or the situation is just not as dire as it is described in the tag...which wouldn't be out of the ordinary either ;) Hell even Cal could show up at the last second and save the day!! ;)

Because with the way things have been bulding up to this finale....I really feel the big cliffy moment will be some kind of showdown between Ivan and H....now that might have to do with Yelina and it might not. The tag says nothing about, what the spoilers showed me to be the main story of the ep.....Ivan being poisoned b/c he has pissed off his own people and that he has escaped from Jail! I mean I could the picture the showdown being a man pissed off at H, being someone who has nothing to lose and the mob who wants Ivan out of the way b/c he has stepped out of bounds so to speak with them....I really don't see Eric's secondary story being the season ender...ya know?

URGH....I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!! :scream::lol:

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Wow guys, this is post #102! We rock!

First, I doubt Blind Item is about Calleigh and Eric. That would really suck. If their storyline ever goes that way I want them to be happy about that. Baby should bring you joy.

I just have one thing to say: We're back to talking in spoiler boxes. I like it! Now, back on spoilers! Jeopardy can mean so many things. I would hate to see either one of them physically hurt, they've already been through so much, I think it's enough for now. I just want to see Calleigh's emotions becoming obvious. If Eric's life being in jeopardy is what it takes, I'm all for it. However, I can't imagine how they would make that scene without making it too cheesy. I wonder if the promo for 7.25 will be about Cal and Eric. You know, something like 'nothing can keep them apart' for 7.16. By the way, they said that nothing can keep them apart in that promo, I expect them to keep their promise.

Do you guys realize that if Corey wasn't so great to us (well, to Delkolover and she to us) we would never know that there is something to look forward in 7.22. One more reason to be sad that he is leaving... Anyway, only 1-2 days till new epi (depending on where you live)...

13. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

sorry for the late reply.. correction: it was from 7.21 Chip/Tuck.. here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxyvSNH4rwA

I don't know about some of you guys but even though I don't like cliffhangers, I think in the season finales of most tv shows, there's gonna be one..or else it's gonna end up safe and not much people will tune in to the first episode of the new season..although, I too, hate cliffhangers since it makes me go nuts for the whole summer! It's fine with me if Cal and Eric will have problems as long as they'd end up together in the end..

14. cara

cara Victim

Shall we spoil ourselves rotten then? I bring happythoughts fellow hiphuggers!
    -
    This is an old E/C Collage that does not fit anywhere else. I remember making this when there were too much death-defying episodes for the CSIs.

Lovers in a dangerous time

and some old ones again that i've posted long long time ago here (back when we were still dreaming of E/C --- and now, it's come true!)

Before the morning of 7x20(I can't even tell how old this is. Carol and I were Nostradamus. Haha.)
    Perpetual Bliss
    Daydream

E/C LOVE~!:thumbsup:

15. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

It was fun reading your funny E/C moments, looks like we share most of the same scenes! I guess I should answer my own question. Mine are:

-Definitely in Not Landing where they make the bet, too funny, especially when Eric smirks when Cal wins and asks for her money.
    -I've mentioned this one before in Big Brother when Eric's stumbling over his words as he's trying to explain to Cal why he knows about web cams.
    -I don't know the name of the episode and I realize it's not strictly an E/C scene b/c Alexx is in it too but it's where Cal gets all squeamish as they're about to microwave a hand, both Eric and Alexx look at her like "What, Cal's squeamish, noooo?!?". Ha ha!
    -Spring Break: love how Cal teases Eric about the young girls were only interested in whether he has a younger brother and not him!
    -I almost forgot about the one where Eric and Cal "haze" Ryan about the headless autopsy. Hilarious, they're were both on the same wavelength, like two highschoolers pulling a prank.
    -Dead Zone where Cal says to Eric "Dream on diver man!" after he claims he's just seen a mermaid, and shortly after when Horatio 'validates' his claim by showing him the video footage, he throws Cal a wink and smirk to say "Ha! I told you!"
    -Forget the name but it's where Eric is rushing off to a helicopter search with Cal following him like a lost puppy, whining about how come he gets to go and not her. He gives her some lame excuse but she pouts like a little kid who was denied a trip to Disneyland. Too funny when she says with a serious face, "I want pictures!" when he gets back. :lol:

I just realized that most of my fav funny E/C scenes include the sexy Delko smirk!

^^ I 100% agree with you delkolover, I couldn't have said it better about the finale and the possibilities of which way it can go for E/C.

I still think Cal's the one to get in the way as a result of Eric's dad/Russian mob, even though the life threatening situation is originally for eric. I can't explain it but even before this spoiler came out, that idea of Cal being caught inbtw Eric and the Russians automatically got stuck in my head. I may be wrong but in my head, it seemed right and still does :lol: Yeah, SuperH always pops up at the end of every episode regardless the plot so all is well in Miami when H looking over the city.:rolleyes: The spoiler about a 'girl' character have real issues, can't see it being Cal. I think it's going to be Tara and her pill love affair, it just makes sense as she hasn't really had a storyline and this could be an exit for that character. I really hate cliffhangers, I hope they don't go there, the finale for CSI LV is supposed to a standalone, why can't Miami? Well, they're going to go there, please make it a good one, unlike last seasons.

But the other spoiler about a dark secret being revealed, it's not E/C's relationship b/c as you guys have mentioned, it's not really a secret since Ryan and Nat have their speculations, and it's not "dark". Like someone else, it's a sexy secret, but not dark by any means! But isn't the thrill of a secret romance is the 'keeping it secret' part! Quick E/C 'meetings' in the morgue, gun lab, broom closet, etc :lol: ;) Don't forget to wipe that lipstick off your cheek Eric when the meeting's over.

Love Corey's interview and his description of how the writers planned the creation of E/C romance and the reasons for showing the slow progression of E/C, that each needed to mature first before going from close friends to lovers. Ah, spoken like a true Hiphugger, going to really miss him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.