Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Woohoo, more pics! Thanks! I really enjoyed Speed in Dispo Day and Grave Young Men. I just got those and a few others watched last night. I also ordered Season 1 so I have the whole thing. :) What can I say? I'm addicted to Speed. :hugegrin:

Here's two caps I did while watching yesterday that I liked. I need to cap Dispo Day. But seeing that when his gun doesn't work cause it needs cleaned and knowing that's how they kill him off really bothers me. At least it was continuity though.....:rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ooh, I just love Dispo Day :D :D I'm glad you got to see it.

The thing about not cleaning his gun... well, that's one of the reasons we hate the way he dies. Don't you think he learned his lesson?Ooh, I just love Dispo Day :D :D I'm glad you got to see it.

The thing about not cleaning his gun... well, that's one of the reasons we hate the way he dies. Don't you think he learned his lesson? :rolleyes:

Not hard to do, is it? But don't worry, we've got a support group.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I know really! WTF? Can't believe they used that on him to kill him off. That's crazy! Yeah, you think he would've learned his lesson after that. Not happy with that writing.
    :lol: I'm glad to have found it!

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

That actually makes me slightly amused that they took something from the first season and applied it to the third season. The continuity may not have been favourable but at least they didn't have him make a whole new mistake. :lol: I know, I'm trying to look on the sunny side of life this morning!

That said, I didn't like how much of an idiot they made him seem in the episodes after. And I know I've said this in a couple of the Yahoo parties but apparently when he was around, cases went unsolved. :rolleyes: I mean, it was a way to bring him up I guess and appease the fans by connecting him to a case ('Hell Night', 'Whacked' ...I think it was 'Whacked', right?) but GUH! They were relatively high-profile cases. :p

By the way, I love that first pic you posted! He looked very sharp. :D

And calleighspeedle, as much as I didn't like the suit on him, I loved that red tie... :eek: Thanks for sharing.

Here's my contribution:

[​IMG]

:devil:

Me too! Although what Speed fan can say they didn't like it? :lol: We didn't get very many Speed-centric episodes.

And I think instead of simply giving Speed the gun-cleaning kit for his birthday, Horatio should have made him use it too. :p

By the way, I was thinking earlier this morning while brushing my teeth that 'Wannabe' was actually a really great fit for Speed. If you think crazed fans of CSI/forensics, what better person to pair them with than probably the most grumpy/jaded one on the planet? :D That's two personality clashes right there and it definitely made for some amusing moments in the episode. I don't think that episode would have had the same effect had it been Calleigh or Eric.

Which makes me ask this: What character storyline out of the entire series (whether it had been for Horatio, Eric, Calleigh, Natalia or Ryan) would have been a good fit for Speed and how would the episode have differed considering his character?

I think about this quite a bit when watching the new episodes. 'Would Rory have done this better', 'would Speed have been a better choice for this type of storyline', 'how would his character have reacted to that', etc.

More piccie time!

[​IMG]

I know, the black dress shirt again. :lol: I can't help what's on my photobucket. :angel:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I think that a lot when I'm watching the show as well. At the moment, though, I can only come up with one. In the episode Three Way, they have major communication problems. I always think, Speed would never have let that happen. At the very least, he would have told the others what he would be doing. And he probably would have gone to the autopsy with Alexx.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

OMG I love that scene with him caring the box and Delko not helping him. Too funny! :guffaw: I'll have to get back to you on your other question though, I'm still one episode away from finishing season one so I think I need to wait till I watch season two. Good question though! And thanks for the :drool:-worthy pics. I'm off for a nap while my son is at preschool and my daughter naps so now I can have happy Speed dreams. :angel:

7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Rory should wear more black shirts...anyone else agree?. He looks so damn hot in them.:drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Love the Pictures ! Everbody keep posting them and lets create a pic thread! In reference to Speed /Cpchranes Question I would have to say I now i've said this before, but I will repeat it for the people that haven't been here in a while!

If Rory hadn't left the show, I think he would have been the one with Calleigh insted of Eric, And here is why I'm thinking that way! Not that I wouldn't want it, but they usualy put the oddest people together sometimes on these shows!

!. I know everyone says they are totally polar opposites of eachother, But thats what makes them so attacted to eachother. Yeah Eric & Calleigh are more of a fit cause there so cute together and they have things maybe in common But I just think that Speed would have been totally in love with her and so shy he wouldn't say anything until they where ether in a awkward situation or they really got angry at one another!

2. Yeah, Eric was the obvious choise, (hottie, out going playboy!) but hey, who didn't love Speed's Quiet, Smart Ass, sarcastic, I don't care attitude! We new deep down he was a softy and I think Calleigh would have been able to cut through that Attitude and get to him in the end! I think that she would have been drawn to his obvious attempt to act as though he wasn't attracted to her! Always worked for me!

3. He was the 2nd biggest name Star wise on the show besides Caruso, and he would be most likely to get the girl. because they usually give the girl to the bigger stars to pull the ratings in for sweeps weeks! Look what Calleigh & Eric have done for the show! Think what it would have been like with Calleigh & Speed! enough Said!

And 4. Who wouldn't have wanted to see speed in that kissing scene with Calleigh! Of cource I doubt there would have been at the detention center, but it still would have been a great scene somewhere!

Oh yeah! Hes not as whiny as Ryan is ether! and he would have just shot that damn dog in that new ep. a couple of weeks ago! Lol!

That said he my Pic!

[​IMG]

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Great pic CSISDFlash!

I rented Hart's War which I've seen a hundred times but never knew Rory then so I'm watching it again for him. LOL! I used to own a copy, wonder where it went?!

10. ImissSpeed

ImissSpeed Coroner

Drugs are bad kids..( they're delicious :lol: )
    [​IMG]

I just love a man that looks good in jeans and has a gun :D i just looks so hot

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

[​IMG] I agree! What a great way to wake up! Thanks ImissSpeed!

I did a few caps of Rory from Hart's War. I love him with that cat, lol! So he lived through the movie.....I'm shocked! :lol:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Guh, the wardrobe people sure had a field day with Rory in season 2. :D Thanks so much for that picture, ImissSpeed! Absolutely loved what he was wearing in 'Hard Time'. :) Is it sad that I found it it extra awesome when he was walking around with that 2x4? :lol:

'Hart's War'! I love that movie. :D Him and that cat were the highlight of the movie for me -- not to mention Bruce Willis and Colin Farrel. :eek:

I've been thinking about the storyline question and for some reason, I wonder if the Cooper credit card stealing thing could have still happened. But instead of him 'stealing a dead man's things', it could have been an identity fraud episode involving Speed and eventually they figure out that someone who works in the lab had stolen whatever was in his locker. Kind of reminiscent of Eric's badge getting stolen which by the way, would have worked well with Speed minus the toothing. :lol:

[​IMG]

I'm also thinking that instead of introducing Eric's sister, they could have introduced Speed's brother who could have been a drug addict or messed up in some way. (Since we had the whole 'is Eric into drugs because of Marisol's condition' thing) Slight change on that but it would have been neat to meet him and give Speed some family drama for once.

Here's another pic 'cause photobucket is open. :D

[​IMG]

I actually would have liked to see the episode where Cookie Divine came back asking for Speed and he was still there and was able to help her out with the case. Not sure if there would have been a conflict of interest but I wanted to see it play out with him...alive. :p

13. ImissSpeed

ImissSpeed Coroner

you're not alone.. he looked, for some reason very hot with that 2x4 in his hand.. haha.. I need to watch miami s1 and s2 again.. long time ago

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

So I've officially ordered both Seasons 1 & 2 of Miami. Woohoo! I haven't seen season 2 yet so I can't wait for it to get here! Especially since I'm hearing how it's better and the way they dressed Speed is :drool:!

Love the pics speed_cochrane! They should have had Rory come back to play his brother, that would be cool. Except, Rory didn't want to come back did he?

15. chrislilhottie

chrislilhottie Civilian

Hello All,

I just want to say HI, and that I am truly enjoying all the pics and well this is my first time posting.. and well I love Rory every since i watch him in Black and White hence my name... Chrislilhottie. But found him to be a major Hottie when I saw him in CSI: Miami. I've both seasons which he was a part of and dare I say I miss him dearly. So looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Barbara

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009