Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

On the subject of Ray, another thing that is annoying is the fact that his name is first in the credits, surely Marg should be first as Catherine is the supervisor and head of graveyard. How can someone who has just come into the show be the main character all of a sudden. To me the writers are putting the new guy before the old guys, and that ain't fair.

Oh and another thing, the episode "The Gone Dead Train" is where Catherine gets rabies, she is bitten by someone who has the disease.

2. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Promotionals from The Gone Dead Train:
    http://spoilertv.iimmgg.com/image/e3a53cb2541aea0be32c562e76cccba0

I totally forgot. This episode is a lot about Doc Robbins as well as Catherine. He's supposedly working hard to try and diagnose this mysterious illness that is killing people. :) Wahoo!

I think Cath is bitten by the woman, and they realize right there she has rabies. Then Cath goes and gets a bizzilion and one shots. Good thing, too! Rabies can't be treated once the symptoms appear.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Because Laurence Fishburn was hired as the lead actor to replace William Petersen.

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Cool that they got something for Doc Robbins, I always liked him :) Can't wait to see that episode. Hopefully Catherine gets out of there okay...

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I was on set for this episode, and saw one of the scenes (the one with Doc Robbins and Langston, pictured) filmed.

Here is a photo of Laurence Fishburne, Robert David Hall and I:
    [​IMG]

It's a great episode just by the stuff I saw, and Laurence and Robert are very cool guys. :)

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Coolness, vegaslights!

Clip up on CBS.com/csi for next ep.

Shocker, Greg is in AV with Archie :rolleyes:. Looks good otherwise.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't mind him being in the AV WITH Archie so much as I mind him doing the AV without Archie being there. But, seriously let Greg go in the field already! This is two weeks in a row now he's been in AV and then the week of the 200th.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You know as much we may complain about TPTB, they have had quite a year. They have to deal with major cast changes, a looming strike which meant filming as many episodes as they could, and then with Marg's personal issues and George's health problems, that just added to it.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on them because I don't know what's like to be in their shoes.

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I can understand that and I do generally try to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt. That said, Greg has been low on screentime since long before cast problems came up. If anything, the cast issues seem to have helped (albeit temporarily, or so it seems now) because, with other characters less available, they finally seemed to realize Greg was there to do something other than take photographs and run A/V. Still, now his screentime is back down, just like it has been for most of the duration of the show. I can understand why he had less screentime in S1 and S2, since Eric Szmanda wasn't a series regular then, but, now that Greg's out of the DNA lab and one of the CSIs, it's rather frustrating that he's still not getting as much screentime.

As I know someone already said, he became a CSI to get out of the lab, or at least out of being a lab tech -- not so he could just switch from DNA to A/V lab work.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

I normally try to stay out of spoilers but I have to comment how happy I am that Catherine is going to have an episode centered on her.Marg is an amazing actress and will shine.Hopefully she will interact a lot with Nick and Ray.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This episode looks good, some Catherine drama.

12. CSI Lover

CSI Lover Victim

Episode 921 - If I Had a Hammer

Finally a Catherine storyline. It seems like ever since Grissom left there hasn't been much of Catherine. I think that the guy in prison is that kid from E.T. also - Elliot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e70PD4v6GgE

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Re: Episode 921 - If I Had a Hammer

Yes that is correct, it is Henry Thomas from ET.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Episode 921 - If I Had a Hammer

She looks awesome! But I'm not liking some of the harshness from the other characters. Ray, you're one. She was a rookie and it was her first solo case and things were different back then.

Sounds like Brass is the only one in her corner, which, considering some of the things she's done for the other characters over the years, is surprising.

15. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I'm looking forward to this episode, i hope it lives up to expectations.
    /\ as you said there does seem to be some harshness, but then again you can never tell with these promos because of the way they are edited, sometimes it can look one thing then when you watch the episode it can be completely different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.