"Mascara" 200th Ep Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SidleFan8

SidleFan8 Civilian

Not gunna lie, i kinda liked this episode.. i loved the beginning with the credits, it was different and neat :) & the end was sad with langston.

i'm really open minded and have adapted to the changes in the show so i don't really mind it anymore.

by the end of the season i'll probably be the only one watching it anymore lol.

i hope this isn't going to be the last season for csi las vegas cause that would really SUCK! buut i have all the seasons and i will buy season nine because the first 10 episodes were really good and Turn Turn Turn was really good i thought.

I'll just have to relie on repeats and dvds when the show hits rock bottom and they call it quits.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I still think that people are ignoring what, potentially, is a very real factor in why this episode was written (and may have had to be rewritten) the way it was. George is dealing with excruciating pain due to his herniated disc. My husband has suffered with sciatica for five years now, due to a herniated disc and another bulged disc, and I can tell you that some days it's a miracle for him to show up at work. Spending too much time in one position, especially sitting, ramps up the pain exponentially. I have no doubt that the same is true for George. And that doesn't even get into the medication taken to try to manage the pain, which also tends to make a person groggy, have difficulty concentrating, etc. Someone else pointed out that Marg is dealing with personal issues. And there may be other extenuating circumstances for why this episode was written and played as it was (which, by the way, featured Brass pretty extensively . . . and maybe that, too, was intentional). It may be that other longtime cast members are actually grateful that Fishburne has taken most of the load at this time. We just don't know.

Look, I do miss Petersen. Watching repeats on Spike makes me miss him all the more. But I also like the way the powers that be are taking risks, rather than resting on their laurels and having Ray be Grissom lite, er . . . oh, never mind. :p

What I mean to say is that, for whatever reason, the direction the series has taken has impressed both me and my husband . . . and we're huge Petersen fans, so it really does surprise me to say this. I thought that after Petersen left, we'd watch one or two episodes, pine for the good 'ol days and then stop watching. But, remarkably, the opposite has happened. I can't explain it, other than the way the series is being handled just fits in with our tastes. That's the long and short of it, for us. So it will be interesting to see how all of this shakes out, in terms of meeting fans' expectations while moving the series forward.

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I can understand why that would explain Nick and Cath's relative absences, but it doesn't explain Riley or Greg's (or even the lack of Hodges, which isn't something that generally bothers me). I could be remembering incorrectly, but I don't recall seeing quite as much of SuperDave as usual either.

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

"Mascara" -- finally, something that pro- and anti-GSR fans can agree on -- they all hate it! :)

5. symbeline

symbeline Witness

ROFLMAO :lol:

They can use this in the re-runs

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I watch it online, because of the weather man keep interrupted it, he could have done on Surivor. It's okay. I didn't like 100th episode and I didn't like 200th episode except Brass and Nick, they're only one it's good. 200th episode should be about Marg, George and Paul. Eric hasn't done 200th episode, he did 199 episode if you look at the chart at IMDb, but he is still with them. The wrestler should be after the 200th episode. The episode will be good if Marg, George, Paul and Eric are sit down and talk about the episode they just did while Ray and Riley sit down with them and listen to the expert, that will be a great episode.

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't think missing an episode really makes a difference. I'm fairly certain that Brass is actually the only character who has been in all 200 because of Hollywood Brass. But, either way, all four of the actors helped make it what it was over the course of the past 9 seasons. The fact that Eric Szmanda happened to have not been in a single episode shouldn't really deter from that. Also, by that logic, this week's episode, being his 200th, should be all about Greg.

Overall, I think it would be quite silly for the show to base milestone episodes around such hierarchical measures. I agree with everyone else who has already said that this episode should have been about the entire team -- Cath, Nick, Greg, Riley and Ray (as well as probably Brass, Hodges, SuperDave and Doc Robbins) included, regardless of when each character joined the show or how many episodes they've appeared in. It's the ensemble that's always made CSI special, and, IMO, what, more than any individuals, made the 200th episode possible (and I know, this is pretty much just repeating what others have already posted on this forum).

Are you saying that the characters or actors should do that?

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I said, Actors should sit and talk about all the episode (Look back to the episode.) they did when they were young, like first season and on includes Sara and Grissom on it.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I usually hate flashback shows, but for the 200th and with all of the changes the show has undergone... and the fact that new fans may have tuned in and didn't get to know the departing characters, it might have been a good idea to do a flashback in a way. Maybe have Greg, Nicky, Cath and Brass (along with Hodges, Doc, Superdave, Wendy, Mandy, etc) telling the newest team members about cases they worked on with Sara, Grissom and Warrick. I would have rather it been this way than with the actors, personally. Cause it still would have been an episode rather than a special. :lol:

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here yet is another review of the 200th episode, this talks about all the cast and how it's hard for Lauren to follow in Jorja Fox's footsteps, and Cath, "the rock" who it says "is cutting back on her apperances on CSI", but that this will change plus everyone else~

ARTICLE

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I was just watching Stargate SG1 Continuum the other day and a lot of parallels with cast changes, loss of leading man and what was done with the 200th episode came to mind.

Stargate SG1 managed all these transistions so *well* - I have to say much better than CSI so far.

I was a great Richard Dean Anderson fan (like I am of Billy P) and did not look forward to his departure. But they cast a replacement well and kept him kind of in it but there. They carried on and maybe improved much of the humour and banter by bringing in both the actors from Farscape and kept was was good about the show - the interaction of the characters paramount - and plots.

Their 200th episode show be a model to which all 200th should be made!

It had everyone in it, it was a hilareous micky take of the whole show by having the idea that a TV company wanted to make a movie/series based on their "real" exploits. So it had lots of back references but NOT flash backs, brought back the exited lead - it even had him as invisible (hard to do on CSI admittedly).

But all together it was one of the their best shows - they had fun with their own show and did not try *too hard* like CSI did to bring in a film director who is mainly known for films he made over a decade ago - and not much since (apologies WF but lets face it Quintin he aint).

That all I am going to say. I'll just get my coat on the way out the door...... :)

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I too agree that the 200 th episode should be about the team but it was still good.I like Ray and wanted to know more about him .Still ,I felt that it was better at the start then at the end becouse the revealing was sort of disappointing.

13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Hated it. 200th episode should be one I remember. I didn't even stick around to see the end. Enough said!!

14. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

The opening titles were really good.

Erm...that's about it. Everything else has been said.

15. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I decided not to watch it...not ever.

And I think that's really sad. Sad for CSI, sad for the actors I've followed for the last 9 seasons, sad for the ensemble, sad for those who have left and sad for the writers that they got it so so wrong.

And its sad for me as a disillusioned fan. :(