CSI: New York - Season 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by aconnell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I really liked this episode.
    Seeing Mac shopping was great, I love seeing him outside the lab. Late night shopping is obviously something he does when he can't sleep. I liked that he had only the basics - bread, milk, bananas, that's so Mac. His line about the milk was funny. Loved how he was sweet to Ella in the supermarket, then pissy with her when he found out she made the card herself. I agree it was a big no-no for him to go to the apartment alone, but I think it was really just Mac letting himself be led by his emotions. While Ella has a 'Daddy-crush' on Mac, I think he feels fatherly towards her. She called him up, obviously in need, and he didn't think before he went to her. But yeah, there could definitely be trouble ahead. All that said, as a Mac fan, seeing him kick in her door, act so calm and in control when getting her wrists wrapped up, and then carrying her out of his apartment was mighty hot.:drool: I also think it's great to see that Mac is as capable of making bad decisions as any of the younger members of his team, just like everyone is.

Even better, I think they are finally, finally giving Stella a story which doesn't just put her in danger, but finally puts in her in a less-than-perfect-light. I loved it when they did that with Mac in the Dobson storyline, and I think they're doing it now with Stella. Stella's made bad choices before - Frankie and then in Open and Shut when she sympathized with the woman who turned out to be the killer - but every time so far she's been portrayed as being wholly in the right. This time, she's not. Her need to get Diakos is understandable, and to some extent it's justified, and yes it's 'perfectly legal'. But Mac was right when he said her actions could endanger a trial. What she's doing isn't officially sanctioned, and she is emotionally involved in the case, any good defense attorney would use that. Plus, she's getting other people involved. While Angell is an adult and able to make her own decisions, she could end up in danger or losing her job over this, as could Stella. A few episodes ago, Stella told Mac that Sinclair could fire him if he wanted to, I wonder if she realizes Sinclair, or for that matter Mac, could fire her too. Her and Mac's fight reminded me of one thing I love about these two - that neither is afraid to stand up to each other. Stella's not afraid to stand up to Mac and defend her actions, and he's not afraid to pull the boss card on her and rein her in when she needs it.
    That said, Stella going behind Mac's back the way she did seemed kinda OOC for her. Mac will not be pleased when he finds out! I feel so sorry for them both, though, they're both heading for a world of hurt with their own situations, Mac with Ella, Stella with Diakos. Felt sad for them in their fight too, Mac has never really pulled the boss card like that on Stella before (outright ordering her not to do something) and I think it hurt both of them that he had to in this case. Both had good points too - while Stella's need to catch Diakos is perfectly understandable, and justified, her actions could mess up a court case, and could hurt Mac too, as he said, he's the one that gets held most responsible for what happens in the lab. I hope at some point they can both help each other out with their problems, talk to each other about them.

I loved Angell with the Greek government guy, and Hawkes with the machine, LOL!

Adam's father really was an a**hole, a bully who told his son all the time how much it cost to raise him? Mac, Stella and Flack should track him down and kick his butt.

The autopsy was gross!

2. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Channel 5 Saturday 28th , 9.15pm new episode of CSI NY for us UK fans. (As if you needed reminding):)

I have only just noticed, that Mac has blinds at his windows now! Must have been too busy concentrating on the hotness of the man himself to notice. :drool: Good news all round for his ladies here in the UK, privacy! at last!!:drool::drool:

So I will see meet you fans on that comfortable sofa with a chilled glass of wine and nibbles. ***Enjoy***;)

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Wine, nibbles, and CSI NY....pure heaven. I'm more of a beer gal myself though!
    I am glad we don't get the breaks in between episodes where they show reruns for one or two weeks, like they do in the US.
    Has anyone seen those Five USA adverts that were on a while ago, they had people from lots of crime dramas in there, Mac and Flack were there.
    I liked the one they had with Danny a few months ago too.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Heaven. :) My Saturday nights often involve wine and CSI: NY...

Yeah, I haven't seen the adverts recently, but I was loving that general crime drama one with Mac and Flack in it.

5. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Quote from MacsLady: "Wine, nibbles, and CSI NY....pure heaven. I'm more of a beer gal myself though!
    I am glad we don't get the breaks in between episodes where they show reruns for one or two weeks, like they do in the US.
    Has anyone seen those Five USA adverts that were on a while ago, they had people from lots of crime dramas in there, Mac and Flack were there.I liked the one they had with Danny a few months ago too"

Macslady whatever takes your fancy hun!, beer , wine vodka, and nibbling on Mac! sorry got carried away there! :devil:

Sorry to say I haven't seen those adverts, but then again I have two teenage daughters, who for the most part rule the TV, except for saturday night, CSI NY night, which is strictly for me. It's the law, don't ya know!!!!:)

Elsie: Heaven. :) My Saturday nights often involve wine and CSI: NY...

What's this often word you use, sorry I am quite unfamiliar with this word 'often', for me it is 'frequently' x :lol:

Sorry but I haven't worked out how to do include the 'quotes, from other fans' in my messages, forgive me I am rather new to this, but hey got to admit I am having a great time here. Bear with me please

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: If I'm honest, 'frequently' would probably be more appropriate for me too. ;)

Take a look at this thread from the QSF forum. There's lots of useful threads in there that might help you out. :) Glad you're having a great time here. :)

7. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Thanks Elsie I am one of these people who is renowned for not reading the instructions first before I assemble the flat pack! Appreciate your feedback.:)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I enjoyed this eppy.

I like when Hawkes gets emotional about a case, he's so calm and collected usually, it's interesting when he's affected by a case.

The flashbacks of Hawkes and Kara were sad, sweet, and interesting.

Loved the Hawkes/Stella and Hawkes/Mac interaction, especially when Mac goes to the club to stop Sheldon going in and arresting/attacking the guy. Nice bonding moment between them there.

Loved Stella kicking the crap out of the horrible rapist. What a sicko. I love 'Rambo' Stella. He really should given up after the first time she shot him.

Loved Mac, Danny and Stella's 'WTF?':wtf: looks when Lindsay was going on about 'coincidences'.

The case was ok, but for me it was only Hawkes' connection to it that made it interesting. I do like my character stuff.

I love when Mac and Angell work together, they don't often and I think they're great.

9. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

MacsLady not much I can add to this except:

I can't help but find Lindsay's 'coincidences' a little bit irritating and I think it's all about timing. I am all for some ribbing between characters and a few light hearted moments, but I don't like it when it's done in the midst of a serious and quite franky horrible discussion. Although I suppose I am being slightly hypocritical because I didn't have a problem with Sid, I do honestly believe its all about timing. "Time and place" is what springs to mind.

The scene with Mac, Stella and Hawkes was very good IMHO and I do enjoy this interaction between the characters. I must add that I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction and relationship Hawkes and Mac had in Season 1, I know that there have been time that Mac has ripped Hawkes apart before and in public and I am glad that he didn't do so this time. Mac does have a lot of respect for Hawkes and he did see how he struggled with this case. I am quite pleased that the writers showed us the conflict Hawkes had with Kara, at last they saw real life situations where sometimes sh** happens and people can't always deal with things and they have to move away and split from these scenarios. Well done writers keep it up!!

All said and done I do feel sorry for Mac, ok I admit, and it hurts, that he can be a little sanctimonious at times but I do believe that he does have the welfare and integrity of the lab closest to his heart, and I don't want to diss him for this. Would you want to be in his shoes?

I just want to take him home and give him a lovely relaxing massage and then to ......... should stop here. :devil:

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the last epi. Any Hawkes screentime is good with me, and Mac was just following the rules.

MacsLady- when Stella was with the rapist I was shouting at the TV shoot him. And that was before he tried to attack her.

Sophia's Folly- I'm not a big fan of Lindsay, but I didnt mind the coincidence thing. I thought it was fun.

Finally watched the epi where Danny finds out Lindsay is pregnant. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Different anyway. As long as there aren't too many soapy moments from it, it will be ok.

11. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

You know what solitaire it's funny but sometimes i think it's all about the mood I am in when I am watching CSI NY at the time and yet I can watch it later and feel differently:) I do realise that I was being a tad bit hypocritical. 'Indifferent' is how I feel about Lindsay, at the moment.

Do love any Hawkes screentime, Hill is such a great actor IMHO and so underused, really cannot say that he has ever had any bad storylines in the past, here's hoping TPTB have more lined up for him. (Holding breath)

I do so feel for Mac at times, such a hard job he has! "here let me help you unwind, there, there my love, does that feel better?". Oops sorry, got a little carried away there. :devil:

CSI NY on channel 5 on this Saturday at 21.40pm, (why do they keep changing the bloomin times) "Flack in the hot seat" Ooh so looking forward to that! "Please be good, please be good".;)

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

9.40? Wish they would keep it around the same time.
    Hawkes- definitely underused. I enjo all of his screentime and it is about time they gave him more.
    Sophia- I know what you mean, some weeks I'm just not in the mood for certain characters.

13. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i have to agree with you , about the time it is annoying when they keep changing it .

i thought the last episode was very good , i just wanted to give Hawkes a hug . glad the rapist got what he deserves :)

14. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

I loved the Hawkes centred episode, nice to see focus moved from other characters.
    It was good to see Rambo Stella at the end!
    Can't wait for the Flack centred episode.:)

15. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i know its incredinly annoying to keep changing the time
    im glad the rapist is behind bars and i think hawkes and kara should get back together :)
    the lindsay coincidence thing was very cheesy and kind of annoying though :(