The Screentime Tallyboard

mjszud

Captain
Since lack of team interaction, character screentime, & development has been quite the issue lately, I decided to take notes this time & put it in tally form to actually show some numbers. I'm going to try & do this with every upcoming episode. We'll see how the numbers fluctuate, if at all.
Just as a note: 'Individual' pertains to the character either alone or with suspects/victims, etc.

Suggestions & comments are always welcome. :)

~~~~

7.19 'Target Specific'

Horatio: 11 total scenes
Individual :
Interacted with:
Eric - 2
Ryan-2
Natalia-1
Calleigh-1
Frank-1

Calleigh: 8 total scenes
Individual:
Interacted with:
Eric - 4
Frank -1
Horatio-1
Travers-1

Eric: 9 total scenes
Individual:
Interacted with:
Calleigh- 4
Horatio-2
Ryan-1

Ryan: 6 total scenes
Individual:
Interacted with:
Horatio - 2
Eric- 1
Natalia- 1

Natalia : 3 total scenes
Individual:
Interacted with:
Horatio- 1
Ryan - 1

Frank: 3 total scenes
Individual:
Interacted with:
Horatio- 1
Calleigh- 1

Tara: 0
3 or more teammembers: 0

Wow...Target Specific was supposed to be partially Ryan centered and he only showed up 6 times...that is really odd. I hope that next week when it's got his name in the title he gets more screen time.

Thanks for sharing this mjszud! :)

Well, that's not out of my expectations. It's not this episode that supposed to be centered on Ryan, 7.20 will. And I can't wait :D

we should get more ryan next week. i am hoping so. i wonder where tara was this week. probably wasn't there cause nobody really died. anyway thanks for the count. and csifann1 i love your avatar

That's cool, I like this idea! But I don't think the count for next week will make sense/be equal, cause it's a personal/Ryan filled episode. But anyway, the writers can surprise us.

WOW. This one was much different, & a little hard to do because of all the flashbacks (which I didn't count).:p
There was definitly a better mix in this one, but sadly it was only among 4 members of the entire team. :wtf:

Epi 20 'Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing'

Horatio: total scenes 11
Alone: 5
Interaction:
Eric - 1
Ryan - 3
Frank - 1
Eric/Ryan combo - 1

Calleigh: total 11 scenes
Alone: 1
Interaction:
Ryan -3
Eric - 4
Eric/Ryan combo - 2
Tara/Ryan combo - 1

Eric: total 15
Alone: 4
Interaction:
Ryan - 3
Horatio - 1
Calleigh - 4
Ryan/Calleigh combo - 2
Ryan/Horatio combo -1

Ryan: 19 total scenes
Alone: 6
Interaction:
Eric - 3
Calleigh - 3
Horatio - 3
Tara/Calleigh combo - 1
Eric/Calleigh combo - 2
Eric/Horatio combo - 1

Frank - 1 (with Horatio)
Natalia - 1 (interacted with swabs :rolleyes:)
Tara - 1 (with Cal/Ryan)

**Kudos for having 4 total scenes of more than 3 characters**

Wow! Ryan had more scenes than Horatio? :eek: That is unusual... and that's not even counting the flashbacks of the torture scenes? I thought I saw Frank twice, but maybe it was just one scene that bleed into another or something. :lol: I wasn't too focused on everyone else. :lol: I was more focused on Ry. :D

This is interesting thread. I think you should have counted the flashbacks (the ones that were about Ryan).

They went back & forth too many times for me to keep track, & some of them were really quick flashes, so I felt it was a little pointless to take it into account....the quick flashes that is.

I thought I saw Frank twice, but maybe it was just one scene that bleed into another or something.
It was one scene in the beginning with Horatio, & then they split it going back & forth to Ryan/Calleigh inside the office then back to H/Frank outside (I counted both of those as just one scene per C/R, H/F), then somewhere right after they snuck in Delko with Horatio, & poor Frank disappeared.
This epi was much more complicated with all the back & forth scenes, & it was actually a good episode so there were times that I'd forget to jot marks down until the scene was half over. :D

Chip/Tuck

Horatio: total 10
Individual: 4
Interaction:
Frank - 2
Eric -1
Ryan -1
Stetler - 2

Calleigh: total 10
Individual: 1
Interaction:
Frank- 2
Eric - 3
Ryan - 2
Dave - 1
Travers -1

Eric: total 9
Individual: 3
Interaction:
Horatio- 1
Ryan - 1
Natalia -1
Calleigh- 3

Ryan: total 4
Individual: 0
Interaction:
Eric- 1
Calleigh- 2
Horatio- 1

Natalia: total 1
Interaction:
Eric- 1

Frank: total 4
Interaction:
Horatio- 2
Calleigh- 2

Tara/Kyle: 1

Wow it's clear who the writers are favoring....:shifty:

It would be nice to have the team aspect...like more than 1 or 2 in a scene a bit like Vegas and the meetings around the table in the lab.

Yeah, really! :rolleyes:

Just seeing the lack of screen time for Ryan/Natalia/Frank makes me sad and upset, espeically coming after an episode where we got 19 scenes of Ryan two weeks ago. I feel totally robbed! When did Miami become the Horatio/Eric/Calliegh hour? :shifty:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I heard it's interesting. Maybe I'll forget the fact that there is little Ryan eye-candy (I won't, but I'll do my best to attempt to ;)).

Aren't the numbers just sad?!?!
I loved getting more Frank this time around, but geeez! the balance is still so far off. Authority, seniority - I don't care, it's still wrong, & it shouldn't be this way with an ensemble cast. Those faces are in the opening as main characters - we should be seeing that.

I agree!!

I just hope this isn't a sign that things off screen are not pleasent. I would hate for people to start leaving again. I've already stated if Togo leaves, I will mourn and boycott Miami for like...three months!!

Back