Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

Oh yes Hounds of love, thank you so much for you description of the episode. It's always nice to know what will happen before I'll be able to watch it whole.:thumbsup:
    Well I guess Ajbuckly, we are in the same time zone or close I'm actually +1. I just have a place from which I can dowload the episode.:)

Anyway the episode was really good. I loved the scenes with E/C. The first one with his daydrem was just super cute. He's so in love with her, that he even dreams about her during the work, so sweet:luvlove:. Where can I find a man like that:lol:? And the best part is, that it was really subtle, not weird or inappropriate.
    The second one was perfect too. The look on her face when she was giving the coffee to him, what else can I say-she's definitely in love with him:adore:. And the smirk on his face, well the feelings are surely mutual;). And the glances they were giving each other, amazing. It really looks like they want to touch each other so badly, but unfortunately couldn't. You know that damn glass walls.:lol:
    And the conversation between Natalia and Ryan about the high mile club was so funny. But it's really weird that she was so surprised when he mentioned about Calleigh and Eric, I was sure she has suspected something all the time and here's such a surprise. I don't know what to think about it. Ryan seems to be pretty sure that there's something between them, I guess he's quite observant.

2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey everyone! I've been so out of the loop, didn't realize a new thread already started:shifty: I posted this to the last one, but here's my take on last nights episode...

That was yet another great episode! I know I sat there and wowed a couple of times...

I was on the edge of my seat most of the time. I love that the writers gave us some things to melt about with Calleigh and Eric.

One of my favorite scenes was of course the daydream. They were all smiles, Eric was looking so lovingly at her, she was looking pretty in her dress... They looked so happy. I couldn't help but pause it a couple of times to look for wedding bands, but I couldn't get a clear picture. If anyone can, let me know.

When Calliegh knocked him out of his daydream, I couldn't help but laugh, though. Her "This is NICE" was so funny and so Calleigh. That southern drawl came out. I felt a little bad for him though b/c you could see the look in his eyes like he didn't want that daydream to end.

The second one of them was in the lab when she brought him the coffee. How great was that moment??? I was literally on the verge of tears! Anyone else? You could see how much he loved her in his eyes (his eyes were smiling). She cared enough to bring him his "Cafe Cubano".;) He was probably tired and needed one and sure enough, here she came with it in hand. That was the sweetest moment. They came such a long way and now its sweet little things like what she did that make their relationship so unique. They seem so calm and humble now, too.

Edit= When she gave him the cup and took over, that was nice too. She sort of told him to relax a little bit, I'll do the work. So sweet

Side note= Calleigh's makeup looked great in this one. She looked a little rosey, like she's been getting some goooood luvin! :thumbsup::lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but I took it on a whole different level when they both were analyzing that little note on the back of the picture. Indicating "watching her while she slept"...that stood out to me. He kept looking over at her in awe while that was up on the screen. To me there was some meaning behind that and the fact they made them share that scene. Could only think that he watched her while she sleeps...gasp!

Now, Ryan and Natalia's little talk about them was so cute. At first I thought they were getting into some romantic talk and it was the looks of something in the future for them, but it became obvious to me who they were then talking about. Its funny how Natalia didn't want to hear it. I guess she just didnt want to picture her two friends being together or maybe she didn't want to feed into the gossip?? Ryan is so funny starting rumors, but I'm glad he kept it within the team because who knows who has a big mouth.

Overall the episode was a great one. It definitely kept me interested. I like that Horatio is back in the lab working. You didnt see him do much in the lab after season 2, and now he's actually doing some work instead of appearing out of thin air or just doing interrogations. :lol: I loved his one-liners in this episode too.

I also think that Kyle working in the lab is good for him. I could see why they placed him there. He's learning a valuable lesson being there. After watching him in this episode, I could say good job writers. He also gets to work and spend more time with his father, which is also good. Keeps him out of trouble.

I am really excited to see this one too! I can't believe they put a bag over Calleigh's head!?!?! :klingon: I take it this is where they steal her gun. Poor girl is always getting hurt.:( That's almost scary to watch, but I'm sure it will be another great one. Ryan looks insane in this one, too.

CSI Miami is really bringing on some good episodes this season, I'm glued!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

anamarya: well,we're probably more or less in the same time zone (mine is +2).... i usually read everything in the morning with the coffee...

Monica1604: Well I guess Ajbuckly, we are in the same time zone or close I'm actually +1. I just have a place from which I can dowload the episode.:)

I am soooo jealous right now and will not look at you until tomorrow:guffaw:.

Well ....One day perhaps even Ytube will catch up to my fellow european friends who gets the right shows at the right time....:).

On a more serious note:

Writers have by now season finally down on storyboard or what? And if the other actors needs some sceentime I take it that it wouldn´t make any sense to alter lovestory until next season. Or is the writing proces different in CSI Miami?

Still waiting for news on 7.20....will now make it a race with you 2.:)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. VirGodess1923

Where'd you see this promo? Is it on Youtube? Would like to see the different one and compare the two...

The one CBS gives didnt really give as much as the one you're describing. They just gave the Calleigh getting a bag over her head and Ryan getting kidnapped

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

The more I watch Ryan and Natalia's scene the more I like it. I didn't like it or think it was necessary at first, only because I don't want Calleigh and Eric to be outed. It's inevitable that they will be though. So, my personal feelings about gossip aside.. the scene with them discussing EC was very cute. Natalia's eyes got huge when she relaized Ryan was talking about Calleigh and Delko. It made me laugh.

I'm still stuck on the look on Eric's face when she brought him coffee. I mean really, aw.:) They are both just too cute with each other.

6. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok! Yes Virgodess I went back this morning and watched the Coffee scene again! If you didn't catch it watch for it! They keep throwing up the, I like to watch out sleep and then if you pay attention the initals ED come up. As if hes leaving her a private little noe or something of the sort!

SDFlash salutes the writer for the use of subbliminal messaging in that scene very well done! you are so destracted by watching Cal & Eric only your subconcious picks up on the message enough to make you feel that they have shared something. Then when you go back and pay more attention to the tag messages that flip up you will catch the meaning! Loved it!

also lover the Wolfe exchange with Natalia thought it was so funny! Makes me wonder if they will think up some devious way to have Ryan and Natalia trick Cal & Eric into a confetion! That would be very cute and a nice change in the show to add a little hummr to a scene. I wouldlike to see those two sneeking around try to get to the truth about Cal Eric! Lol!

The Daydream was ok I think it was very subtle, But I'm wondering if it will play in somewhere down the road.

Can't ait till next weeks Ep. Looks to be good!

7. VirGodess1923

I love her!! She is so cute! I would absolutely be very sick if they dont stay together.:( It has been 7 years and they deserve this new-found happiness in both of their lives in the show. Emily, I'll do crunches with you to see this last!!

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I was just over at youtube and no one has posted the CTV promo yet :( If someone sees it...please post it here....I think this is one of the rare times that the promos are so different. Usually they show the same scenes just the CBS one shows more. This time it seems they show completely different scenes all together!

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Congrats on the new thread! I can't believe you're at #35 already!

I'm extremely happy with how things are going right now. I loved Eric's little fantasy last night :lol::adore: And I love Wolfe and Natalia's conversation about Eric and Calleigh. That was awesome!

Here's to a new thread and to HipHuggers FINALLY becoming canon!

Axel

P.S.
    I saw the CTV promo!
    There wasn't anything extremely HipHuggersy but there were quite a few pictures of Calleigh being taken and *unrelated* someone is beating up Wolfe o_O

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

She's definitely an amazing women, I also so love her. I'm glad she agrees with us about the relationship between her and Eric:thumbsup:. It would be so stupid if they decide to ruin this soon:scream:. I mean, come on we've been waiting for it 7 long years, they are so perfect to each other, they are so in love and happy and they are considering the possibility of break it, that's not fair:p. Though I understand they can't tell us openly what are they planing towards Eric and Calleigh, it'd spoil everything. I hope they obey Emily, she's a star of this show, therefore she knows what's good for her character, right;)?

As for the promo, it's short, but looks pretty intense. I guess Ryan get a good storyline finally.
    And Calleigh with bag over her head, it's a big thing. And I can't wait to see their conversation in the storage, I'm sure it'll be great.

11. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I really love the Ryan and Natalia scene It's really funny specially when Ryan looks away from her and smirks/laughs :lol: I found it weird the way Natalia said 'No way' she was like deniying it it was also funny when she said 'lalalala ok' :guffaw:She didn't let Ryan talk it would've been interesting to se what else he had to say, he has already metioned them twice!:)

I seriously can't believe the way that some people that are not E/C shippers say that the episodes have to much of E/C in them that is not true! They should thank got that I'm not a writer ... :devil:. I really think they are just jealous that they're ship is not together but they're you go we had to wait for 7 years and go through Cake, Eden .... We deserve hiphuggers to be together !!:)

Can't wait for the next episode!:lol:

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Alright, since I haven't tossed my thoughts into the ring yet, I'll be doing that now. I may talk about these things out of order, so forgive me. I'm not able to cue up the episode right at the moment (I'm on the laptop in the kitchen, monitoring my child and his attempts to eat a bowl of applesauce by licking it off the spoon instead of taking bites).

** The daydream scene. :adore: Adorable, though obviously pretty pointless and thrown in for pandering purposes. That's alright, though; I don't mind. At all. The non-shippers and anti-E/C crowd may have minded, but I'm not them. :D Eric & Cal looked relaxed, carefree, and happy. I like that Eric wants them to have that kind of vacation. Before he was all about adrenaline, having a sex romp and then never looking back. Now he wants the contented, affectionate, bonding experience. Our little boy has grown up! *sniffles happily* By the way, I don't think he held her hand at the end of the daydream, I think it was more like he was tickling her palm with his fingers before he was snapped out of it. Oooooh, what a beautiful little gesture to include! :luvlove:

** The Ryan/Natalia gossip scene. :):lol::guffaw::thumbsup:
    Funniest. Scene. EVER. Ryan’s “oh, you KNOW who I’m talking about” expression. Natalia’s “oh my gawd!” widened eyes. The little head tilt and the gaping mouth. Ryan’s self-satisfied smirk. Natalia’s flabbergasted questioning and her sing-song "ah la la la!" to block out any more rumor-spreading. Comedy gold! Eva LaRue was in top form with all those facial expressions.

** The coffee scene. Tee hee hee, it was cute. Someone here was speculating as to whether or not their hands brushed, and I have to say - yes, definitely. And this is what we've wanted, right? These stolen glances that don't interfere with their ability to perform their duties. They can make eyes at each other but still focus on the case. I mean, how long did their eye-flirtation really last (in real-time)? Not long. And they still managed to do their jobs without any problem at all. What surprised me is that their glances were described as thus by a user in another thread:
    Quite a departure from the way the rest of us interpreted the looks.

** Eric questioning the cheating pilot. I really liked this scene. It was a significant insight into Eric's character development. In the past, he may not have scoffed and sneered so much at a married man playing the field. Eric obviously had LOTS of fun back in the day; that’s just who he was. I doubt he stopped to ask many of his one night stands if they were married. Now things are different. He recognizes the importance of fidelity. He loathes the idea of playing the field when you’re supposed to be dedicated to someone. This is a great way to tell the audience early on – “don’t worry, he’ll never step out on Calleigh”.

** "I enjoyed watching you sleep". I didn't see the E/C significance in that. I might've missed what everyone else was seeing. Sorry. :(

Alright, that's been my take. Anyone agree? Disagree? Questions, comments? Want me to shut up? ;)

13. Dalhi

Dalhi Civilian

The Miami characters have been through alot in the past 2-3 years, especially Eric, Calleigh and Ryan, and I find it a bit funny that no one has had any type of mental problems like depression, etc. I for one thought that after "Wrecking Crew" we would of seen a change of some sort in Cal whether it be short-term or long-term, so Im glad its being brought up.

The scenes from last night are on YT already if you didnt know. Go check out Toadette page. I would link but I'm not sure if your allowed.

I loved last nights episode it was nice to see three team members work together (Calleigh, Eric and Ryan) instead of two. Hopefully in the near future we get more scenes like this. Calleigh giving Eric his coffee was just the cutest thing ever. I think my heart actually skiped for a second :lol: and when Cal was working on the luggage tags and the camera focused on her hands for a second I hoped Eric would've put his hands over her's. Oh well.

The Dream sequence was done well and I'm happy. I know I'm not the only one who was a bit worried about having something like that added in, but the writers pulled it off perfectly. To me it didn't come of as cheesy like I first thought. I need to have more faith in TPTB.

The CTV and CBS promos were pretty much the same the only major difference is in CTV you see Eric talking to Calleigh about the pictures and in CBS Cal gets a bag over her head.

But correct me if I'm wrong in the original spoiler I heard Calleigh gets into a fight and gets her gun stolen, so does she get the bag over her head and goes down without much of a fight or does she go down the Calleigh D. kicking and screaming while letting you know you wont get the best of her?

Not sure if I should tag it or not but...will 7.19 and 7.20 be aired right after each other as in March 23 then March 30 or will there be a re-run in between each week?

14. VirGodess1923

:eek: I forgot about this! Yes, he does recognize the importance of fidelity. I think that a lot has changed for him and Calleigh had a lot to do with it. He wants something lasting between them and the thought of another man cheating on his wife basically put a bad taste in his mouth. I especially like the comment he made to the pilot "Go lie to your wife". That mustve stung the pilot. It was a hint to us that Eric didnt find his behavior acceptable.

15. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Eric was a player, but he never struck me as a cheater, or as someone who would tolerate cheating if he knew about it. Player or not, he's always had a sense of the decent way to treat people, I think. So I don't necessarily think that little scene shows growth for Eric, just shows more of the same good guy he's always been.

And how friggin' adorable was the coffee scene? Those two are too cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.