Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfkngst

mfkngst Civilian

How cute was that coffee scene? Eric hard at work, Cal brings in coffee- in a go cup from somewhere- and they work together quietly, stealing glances at each other. And did you guys notice how Eric kept moving his hands around? Almost like he wanted to touch her but couldn't. And loves the smiles. It was a pretty cute scene.

2. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

AWWWW ... THe episode is so goooood ....
    OMG They are so cute .. The dream sequence of Eric with the big smile , ihe' so in love with Calleigh lol and the coffee scene , i have no words to describe it because they are the cutest .

I laugh so hard at the scenes of Ryan and Natalia , he's such a gossip hound lol ... and Nathalia she was like really ??!!

I can't wait for the preview from next week episode ... I want more E/C .. I hope CTV will have a good preview

3. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Since I'm talking only about stuff that has already happened, I won't be using spoiler tags.

I will always maintain that H has known about E/C being in love before even they realized it. That's just Super H. He knows all, sees all. Now... he's something of an enigma when it comes to bending the rules. Sometimes he'll say "this is the law/these are the rules and we have to follow them, end of discussion" and other times he'll say "don't worry about it, I'll handle this, we won't let you go down for this". So... I tend to think/hope that he'll fight for E/C, but if Stetler puts his foot down, I'm not sure how much H will really be able to do.

Natalia's had a couple good storylines (re: her ex is killed and she becomes a suspect, her sister is kidnapped and the team gets on the case), but deserves more. Same with Ryan. I know why "Team Seniority" gets more screen time, but I'd still like to see more of Ryan, Natalia, Valera, hell, even Tripp.

Anyway, one of the main objections I've seen E/C-opposers make is that the Eric & Calleigh romance storyline gets too much media attention. That may or may not be the case, I don't usually follow ANY media on CSI Miami so I can't say for sure if this is true, but even if it IS true, it's irrelevant. It's a Red Herring. It doesn't matter that the media focuses on HipHuggers, or that Emily and Adam get interviewed more, or that other cast members are "subjected" to questions about Eric & Calleigh. What matters is what actually happens in canon. Everything else is just noise.

And what happens in canon is that they work together more than they work with other characters, that's true, but the genuine shippy moments have been few and far between by my standards. I mean, take "Bones". It's more of a dramedy than a straight drama, but it leans more towards drama than comedy most of the time. ANYWAY... there are Booth/Bones shippy scenes in almost every episode, at least as far as I've seen. We could be bombarded with a LOT more shippiness like we are with "Bones", but we get the scattered moments that we do and I think it's just enough. It may be too much for some people, but I'd like to reiterate - it could be so much more.

I think the writers should keep the shippy moments coming at about the same rate as they have been so far, but should bring back the "whole team dynamic" that's been missing for a few seasons.

*nods*

Alright, now I'm done.

4. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

Finally .. a good promo with a lot of scnes ....we see Ryan watching the pictures of the whole team and after we see Eric look at the picture of Calleigh and after i think he will look at her phone and we isee a little bit of the scnee where Calleigh and Eric are in the morgue i think and after we see H and Eric trying to call Ryan but he just got kidnapped ..
    I want next week episode now !!!!

5. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

To me the coffee scene is cute because of the words on the back of the picture..."I enjoyed watching you sleep"...me thinks that Eric was thinking the same thing about Calleigh.

The look on Ryan face though when he told Natalia his suspicions...funny.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I loved the scene, it was so cute. Eric kept looking like he wanted to say something or reach out and touch her, but he stopped himself from doing so. I also liked the fact that they managed to have some cute moments together while still remaning professional. The show did a good job balancing their personal and business relationship.

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The coffee scene was so cute and great. Said everything about their relationship w/o actually saying any words! The looks they were giving each other were so cute...definately showed how much in love w/ each other they are....they both gave each other looks ;)

I love how when they were in first class after she snaps Eric out of his day dream..."Eric, this is nice" :D If I were him, I would sooo take that as hint ;)

Ryan is a such a gossip and Nat had to have some kind of idea about E/C or why else would she atuomatically assume that it was Eric and Cal that Ryan was talking about? Although, I guess process of elimination and all ;)

Next week looks intense!! I mean Cal gets a bag shoved over head :eek: I definately didn't see that in the spoilers!! Also, I don't think that H and Eric actively seek out Ryan in the ep....I think when Eric tries to call him second time the guy who kidnapped him answers the phone and tells Ryan to act natural and come up with an excuse b/c next week is already home and hiding the fact that he trying to save Billy. But that is my opnion.

Hey, if someone sees both promos posted somewhere...be sure to post the links here :D

8. tigerlove2002

tigerlove2002 Victim

if anyone gets a chance can they upload the CTV promo cuz the one on CBS wasn't very good.

it showed H talking to Ivan, and saying that the case needs two episodes to be solved. Also they show ryan getting beaten up and then H and Eric trying to get a hold of Ryan.

This episode had the perfect amount of hiphuggers in it. They were professional, they had their moment, and they were professional again. I mean honestly, who seriously goes about their workday without a little bit of a focus lapse? All in all really good episode, they kept me guessing til the end.

9. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I was pleasantly surprised with this episode! I loved the scene with Ryan and Natalia..at first I thought it was awkard, but then I was like ooooohhhhh:devil:

I loved the coffee. The second that music started playing, I knew something good was gonna happen. It's E/C music, I could feel it :D Coffee Cubano? :lol:

I'm excited for next week! Tonight's episode was really good with all the team dynamics, so I hope that it continues next week. Calleigh with a bag over her head?! EEK!:wtf: I'm sure Eric comes to her rescue...at least...he better...

10. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Okay folks, I'm going to set up our new thread. Give me a couple of minutes and then resume discussion...:guffaw:

I'll post a link here in a minute.

Here is a link to our shiny, new thread! #35

11. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

SO agree with you! The looks those too give each other, i swear. Possibly better than dialogue IMO :). This is gonna make for some deliciously fluff-ular fanfic, my brain is already stewing. And I am rewatching the coffee scene right now. The way he just kept smirking at her was so cute, and SO Eric. I love that smirk.

SHE GETS A BAG SHOVED OVER HER HEAD!?!? This always happens, i watch the CTV promo, then I come on this thread and I GASP, because we never seem to get the juicy ones....:scream: hahah. :lol: I have lurked all over youtube and can't find it yet...

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey everyone! That was yet another great episode! I know I sat there and wowed a couple of times...

I was on the edge of my seat most of the time. I love that the writers gave us some things to melt about with Calleigh and Eric.

One of my favorite scenes was of course the daydream. They were all smiles, Eric was looking so lovingly at her, she was looking pretty in her dress... They looked so happy. I couldn't help but pause it a couple of times to look for wedding bands, but I couldn't get a clear picture. If anyone can, let me know.

When Calliegh knocked him out of his daydream, I couldn't help but laugh, though. Her "This is NICE" was so funny and so Calleigh. That southern drawl came out. I felt a little bad for him though b/c you could see the look in his eyes like he didn't want that daydream to end.

The second one of them was in the lab when she brought him the coffee. How great was that moment??? I was literally on the verge of tears! Anyone else? You could see how much he loved her in his eyes (his eyes were smiling). She cared enough to bring him his "Cafe Cubano".;) He was probably tired and needed one and sure enough, here she came with it in hand. That was the sweetest moment. They came such a long way and now its sweet little things like what she did that make their relationship so unique. They seem so calm and humble now, too.

Side note= Calleigh's makeup looked great in this one. She looked a little rosey, like she's been getting some goooood luvin! :thumbsup::lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but I took it on a whole different level when they both were analyzing that little note on the back of the picture. Indicating "watching her while she slept"...that stood out to me. He kept looking over at her in awe while that was up on the screen. To me there was some meaning behind that and the fact they made them share that scene. Could only think that he watched her while she sleeps...gasp!

Now, Ryan and Natalia's little talk about them was so cute. At first I thought they were getting into some romantic talk and it was the looks of something in the future for them, but it became obvious to me who they were then talking about. Its funny how Natalia didn't want to hear it. I guess she just didnt want to picture her two friends being together or maybe she didn't want to feed into the gossip?? Ryan is so funny starting rumors, but I'm glad he kept it within the team because who knows who has a big mouth.

Overall the episode was a great one. It definitely kept me interested. I like that Horatio is back in the lab working. You didnt see him do much in the lab after season 2, and now he's actually doing some work instead of appearing out of thin air or just doing interrogations. :lol: I loved his one-liners in this episode too.

I also think that Kyle working in the lab is good for him. I could see why they placed him there. He's learning a valuable lesson being there. After watching him in this episode, I could say good job writers. He also gets to work and spend more time with his father, which is also good. Keeps him out of trouble.

I am really excited to see this one too! I can't believe they put a bag over Calleigh's head!?!?! :klingon: I take it this is where they steal her gun. Poor girl is always getting hurt.:( That's almost scary to watch, but I'm sure it will be another great one. Ryan looks insane in this one, too.

CSI Miami is really bringing on some good episodes this season, I'm glued!!

13. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Ok! Yes Virgodess I went back this morning and watched the Coffee scene again! If you didn't catch it watch for it! They keep throwing up the, I like to watch out sleep and then if you pay attention the initals ED come up. As if hes leaving her a private little noe or something of the sort!

SDFlash salutes the writer for the use of subbliminal messaging in that scene very well done! you are so destracted by watching Cal & Eric only your subconcious picks up on the message enough to make you feel that they have shared something. Then when you go back and pay more attention to the tag messages that flip up you will catch the meaning! Loved it!

also lover the Wolfe exchange with Natalia thought it was so funny! Makes me wonder if they will think up some devious way to have Ryan and Natalia trick Cal & Eric into a confetion! That would be very cute and a nice change in the show to add a little hummr to a scene. I wouldlike to see those two sneeking around try to get to the truth about Cal Eric! Lol!

The Daydream was ok I think it was very subtle, But I'm wondering if it will play in somewhere down the road.

Can't ait till next weeks Ep. Looks to be good!

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Where are mods? :confused: *looks all around* We have a new thread now, you can close this one.

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Uh, yeah... I was under the impression that this thread was done and over with. Where's kinkapoodles when you need 'em?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.