Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalhi

Dalhi Civilian

Sorry but Jake isnt an a** he would never out Cal/Eric. He might be a bad boy but hes not one for starting up trouble just for kicks. If he ever came back and asked Calleigh if she was seeing anyone and Cal said yes I believe Jake would automatically think Eric first and he would congratulate her.

On that note I would love to have the writers bring Jake back. Im a multi-shipper at heart so i do admit that I appreciated the relationship that they had in the past but if he's brought back to stir up problems I'll have a hard time getting past that and not to mention it would cause the show or at least that episode to be very soap operaish (and we all know some have complained about that already) so I hope, really hope that they dont go this route. Jake as a character deservers better then that as well as E/C new relationship.

As for Natalia and Eric I also thought of what they had as a fling too but I wouldnt be so quick to say that it was purely physical. It started out that way but over time an emotional bond was formed between the two. The time that they both got together was during hard times, Natalia dealing with Nick stalking her and Eric dealing with Marisol.

As for the next thread title I liked Jennifer title but instead of just

Eric and Calleigh #35 - He's Her Dude what about...
    Eric and Calleigh #35 - She's His Gal, He's Her Dude so the both of them are included.

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^ I luv those titles! I think Jake'd be very angry inside but then realize that it's time to move on, if he didn't already. Maybe.... he and his other girl end up at the lab, I don't know how and Cal her but brushes it off and then Jake sees she and Eric laughing together and can tell they're together.

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Jennifer, I think that's a great thread title.

I agree with the Jake thing. Most likely he will want Calleigh back, since he did ask her to wait for him. I think he'll be understanding on why she moved on. She wasn't going to wait forever. He knows that. It'd be selfish to expect to her to just sit and wait for him. But I am sort of a multi-shipper. I'd be happy if she was with Jake but I'm happier with her being with Eric.:)

Jake isn't a bad person though, he's a good guy. He just has to keep up that whole 'bad boy' image thing he's had going for him. He'd back off once he discovers Calleigh is in a relationship. He cares and respects her too much to ruin that for her.

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Is it just me? Or does a part of you guys want a confrontation between Eric and Jake, just for watching it sake? I don't want him to argue but, it'd be kinda cool to watch the two fight.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, no.. I don't. I think both Jake and Eric are too mature for that. Eric has gotten in plenty of fights, but fighting with his girlfriends ex-boyfriend? It just seems like something that would happen in a soap opera or highschool. CSI: Miami is neither.

Also, Calleigh would probably be pissed off if she knew that they were fighting over her or about her. It just shows an incredible lack of maturity from the both sides. So, I don't think it would or should happen.

6. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Hey, everyone! I havn't really been replying lately, it's been a really long week, and there really hasn't been any new E/C news lately. Just a quick question though...

Delkolover, do you know anything about 7.22 and the more light-hearted episode Corey was going to write? I've been really anxious and wanting to know really bad...:D

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

No unfortunately, I don't :( Corey wouldn't tell me and I didn't see anythingin the spoilers about it. I am anxious too to see it b/c I want to see something E/C from Corey ;)

No...this show is not a soap opera and as much as Jake tends to rub me the wrong way, Eric is too mature to be baited by Jake or let Jake get to him enough to hit him. As much as Eric would want to, I think he would bite his tongue b/c he wouldn't want to go there and/or piss Cal off. Again, b/c it is not in his nature and afterall, he got the girl...so he would just be letting Jake win in the sense of rising to the occasion.

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I don't want their relationship to be based around disasters or near death expoeriences. I feel like it cheapens it or makes it seem like it is ship out of conveince b/c of the disasters.

However, the end of the season is shaping up so that I think there will be a disaster that affects everyone which equals another cliffhanger season finale :rolleyes:

Anything is possible....I think, past the finale, the next big thing for them will be Stetler and his meddling...how that comes out is anyone's guess. The writers have already shown us that through the last two disasters these two have become closer so I think their use of disasters in that regard might be over for a little while but again, who knows.

10. tacumom

tacumom Civilian

Hi there! I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd join in every so often to your great discussion.... Thanks for all the great info, pics, links, and spoilers!!

delcolover said:
    Absolutely, I agree, delcolover. Eric, Calleigh, and Jake are all mature adults. I see a possible episode where Jake comes back because he's involved in a case. Writers could give the story some tension between Eric and Jake, but only to settle the fact that Calleigh is now with Eric and it's a serious relationship. It would be a good scene for Calleigh to explain directly to Jake about how she feels about Eric (especially if Eric could be overhearing it! ;)) and settle the situation once and for all. Then the team could work together to solve the case and Jake could get a nice send off from the show.

Thanks!

11. anamarya

anamarya Witness

Yes,we would probably enjoy it,but we're not going to see it exactly because this is a drama show not a soap or a kinder garden. if they do get into an argument (not fight) that somebody (probably Cal) would mention the kinder garden and the 2 of them acting like clowns or something like that.

another question that passed throu my mind (is probably my new brand of coffee :devil::devil:):
    when do you think that we're going to get the chance to see the "street pig" manners in action? in the end, Adam mentioned them..... :rolleyes:

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Yeah I think that their fight would be just childish, maybe it'd be nice to see it, but this just doesn't fit to this show. After all it's about crime and not Eric and Calleigh's love life. Though I guess he should come back just to clear this situation once for all. For us sake as much as Eric's.;)

Anamarya it's a good question, I've been thinking about too:). I personally would love to see it at any time:lol:. But I'm realist, so I just hope we get a chance to see although one hot action in this season:drool:. As for the when, I don't know maybe in and that's when I guess I should use a spoiler tag

in 7.19. You know if in 7.20 is the famous bathroom scene then maybe there's a chance we'd see something more in 7.19, like some events which lead directly to the bathroom scene. Because I doubt we see the street pig manners literaly. Cause maybe he's a street pig, but I guess she rather isn't:lol:. Though who know's, she kissed him on the public in 7.16. :guffaw:

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I have the worst possible opinion in the world about Jake, he's arrogant and I hate that. However, I do think that he cares about Calleigh, it's just that he cares about her less than he cares about his job. If he comes back, I'm 100% sure that he'll try to get back with Cal, but I'm just as sure he won't be the one to out them, because it would look like he's getting back at Eric for outing him and Cal back in season 6. I can't even imagine them getting into a physical fight, but I can see them being verbally harsh to each other. I doubt they will have a real fight, but they certainly won't be friendly towards each other. The scene I can imagine is Eric seeing Cal and Jake talking and, being a bit insecure, he thinks Cal still has feelings for Jake so he asks her if she want's them to take a break from their relationship so that she could figure out if she wants to get back to Jake (if this happens, I'm sure this scene will be in the promo... drama, drama, drama). In my mind she tells him reassuringly that there is nothing to think about, that she loves him and that she'll stay with him (forever :adore:)... I think that kind of episode would have potential of becoming soap opera, but if it's done in the right way it could turn out to be okay, IMHO.

14. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

I couldn't have said it better, great minds think alike ;)
    I absolutely don't care about a confrontation and I honestly don't think if Jake were to come back that we would have one. Like Delkolover said it, Eric got the girl and he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. This is about him and Cal and what others think is not important. Sure Jake might try to push his buttons, but now he is the one going home with the gal :lol: Cal looks a lot more relaxed and happy in current days than she used to be when she was with Jake. This speaks volumes about how she feels and should show him that not matter what she had with Jake, what they have together is so much better for her and she is a lot happier. He is doing that to her, no one else did. So I think if Jake were to bait him, he'd know it's only jealousy talking and he won :lol:

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Goodmorning Hiphuggers.

As you know ...I am on the same train as you. If each character portrays different emotions or people at different stages in life in order to target as many people as possible. It would be such a let down of more then just hiphuggerclan...1 Notice how many lurkers this tread has. 2. There are viewers out there in real life that doesn´t join forums or shipclan, but just enjoys the feelgoodmoments of love.
    And a large group of fans has "grown up" right next to the show and characters. Some of them might even have gone though same maturing as Delko and are in committed relationships themself by now.

If the coupling of E/C was just to justify more diasterstorylines, would that not be a set-back of the E/C storyline? Seem ood for us and longtermviewers? - " back at the hospital again"

So - as you Delkolover says/ writes- I am not for any diasterroad either.

As you know - my concern is the Fox Mulderthing. Setting up lovecouple in order for an actor to leave forever or sometime by charater shifting to nightteam. But in a tread not to far from you mentioned the "pay freeze". First indication of trouble in Paradise actors not have signed their contracts yet. I have tried to "google" the stuff, but didn´t get anywhere. Sorry.

I know I am not the only one getting increasingly more and more annoyed by peope complaining as to E/C storyline overtaking the show. If one add the time up spend in episodes on E/C ...are they(complainers) deliberatly forgetting "Divoce Part" or "Presumed gulity?".
    Well.....Do we have any more news on 7.20?
    What can we except? Not having started any censordebat in here. But may a seminude towlelwearing Delko kiss a fulldressed Calleigh in the bathroomscene or ....?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.