"Kill Me If You Can" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 24, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What did she say that was snippy? I don't recall hearing anything snippy from her, but then again I somehow missed the thing about Brass having a brother too. :lol: I do think though that they are all over the place with her character lately. I mean in some eps (her first ep and then "Leave Out All The Rest"), they had her saying some funny, quirky things. But lately, they've kind of dulled down her character. It's too soon for that. We haven't really even gotten to know her yet. :lol: I like her being quirky like in LOATR more than just a csi doing what csis do. :lol: She brought out Greg's funny side more, but lately they're just not letting them be themselves it seems like to me. :(

I think parts were confusing, but I knew all along that the one brother was impersonating the other. There was no way the weaker brother would have killed anyone, he was too weak for it. :lol: They made that abundantly clear. :lol:

Hehe, I used to get them confused too.

Yeah, that was nice. I love Vartann. He and Wendy in a scene together was something new and I liked it. I still wish he'd had scenes with Cath, they always play off each other well. I loved that he had scenes with Greg too cause I like the two of them in scenes together. :)

I too wanna see Greg working a scene with Langston. They haven't really had that much interaction when it's just the two of them. :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

For me this episode seemed kinda hard to follow - more so than usual.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OOPS, thank's NicknGrissom my mistake but I like him too, don't they look alike?

4. GregNickRyanFan

yeah, they really do. :lol: I think Vega's slightly taller and has wider shoulders, but other than that they do look similiar.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

You're welcome, Desertwind. Vega little bit taller then Cavelier and broad shoulder like GregNickyRyan said. Vega is the only one in the Detective can speak Spanish. I'm sure Cavelier can speak spanish, I can't remember if he does speak it or not. I know Vega did in one of the old episode.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Wasn't that the ep with the narco-credo ballads? I apologize if my spelling is off.

7. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

I guess that's why I don't like the "new" CSI... too many new characters and not enough that are interesting with the exception of Ray and Mandy. And Lauren Lee Smith is KILLING the show (no pun intended :lol: ). They really need to get rid of her. I CAN'T STAND her.

Yeah.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree. I got tired of Grissom hogging the spotlight after a while and the GSR taking the limelight.

I'm enjoying the team dynamics. I'm enjoying the Lab Rats getting more time. I'm glad to not to have to watch Hodges grovel for Grissom anymore only because I feel there is more to his character than that. Hodges is a character waiting to be explored. It be nice to know why he needed Grissom's approval.

In fact, I never could understand why anyone needed Grissom's approval-but that's me.:lol: I never look for anyone's approval in a job.;)

So, for all its flaws, I'm enjoying this new version of CSI.

And I like Riley a lot. I think she's dynamic. She's got angst but she seems to be more of a girl to compartmentalize things. She's not one to be enamoured by her boss so much so that she's willing to just railroad anyone to get validation from him. She's focussed on her job. She's a team player.

Just my two cents worth and with all due respect to Sara fans. It was really the only element of Sara's character I didn't like, but she at least admitted it at one point-which was good.

And the actress is a Canuck, so I'm supporting her for that reason as well.

9. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

I do agree about the GSR. I thought that was incredibly dumb. It's just not that kind of show.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I honestly don't think she's "killing" the show. The ratings aren't dropping much at all and if they do drop some it's not because of her, it is more than likely because of those WP, GD and JF fans who have decided not to watch the show any longer due to their favorite not being on there anymore. And if the storylines are lacking, that has nothing to do with any one performer or character. That has more to do with the writing.

They shouldn't get rid of a character/actress just because some people dislike the person. That is IMHO unfair. Not everyone dislikes her. There are fans of her and her character and saying that the show needs to get rid of her can be insulting to those fans. Those who don't like Riley/LLS wouldn't like it if someone said their favorite character/performer should be gotten rid of, I'm sure.

I agree. She in some ways reminds me of Temperance Brennan on Bones, who is also good at compartmentalizing. And compartmentalizing is not an easy thing to do. I could never do it. :lol: I'm a very emotional person. I can't even watch the news without ending up in tears when I hear about someone hurting an innocent, helpless child (or animal). So, I can imagine how difficult it is for CSIs to hold in their emotions when dealing with such a case.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  11. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

You're right - sorry, I meant no disrespect to LLS/Riley fans. :(

Don't get me wrong though - I do still like the show. I wouldn't keep watching otherwise. I just miss all my old favorites.:(

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also believe Cavaliere speaks Spanish if I recall. He spoke it in "A Bullet Runs Through It" if I believe?

13. GregNickRyanFan

I miss them too, especially Warrick ... for the most part because I miss the Warrick/Nick friendship. They had one of the best written friendships on tv to date in my opinion and I do miss that a lot. The ep with the baseball mailbox game reminded me of that because if Warrick had been there it would have been him with Nick doing that. :lol: I miss the Sara/Greg friendship too. And like someone else said, I miss Grissom's one liners... they were so quirky. :lol: It does feel like a completely different show now though and it helps to think of it that way for me (help with missing the other characters that is). It kind of feel like CSI: The Next Generation (or CSI: The New Cast). :lol: :eek: I can't believe I just made a Saved By The Bell reference. :lol:

I did love seeing Wendy and Langston work together even though it was odd that there wasn't a more senior CSI there with them. However, I do agree with the fact that maybe Brass counts as enough "supervision". :lol: It was interesting seeing Wendy wonder how she missed the blood drops and then seeing the cat and saying "he's why". :lol:

I didn't understand though why all of those animals had the brother's name when the two brothers didn't get along. That was a bit odd to me. :lol:

Oh and can I just say that I absolutely love Ray's voice. I mean he's got a very nice speaking voice. :) I was one of those who was unsure about his addition to the cast. At first I wasn't sure he'd fit in or mesh well with the others. I have to say though that I was completely wrong. He's fitting in very nicely I think. :)

I usually like in episodes when the cases connect, but this one was just jumbled and all over the place and in some places very confusing. Probably why I missed the part about Brass' brother. I was probably too busy going "huh? what just happened?" over something else. :lol:

He did, didn't he? I had forgotten about that.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I've missed Sofia since she left at the beginning of Season 8. I think out of the four that left the series in the two seasons (Louise and Jorja in Season 8 and Gary and Billy in Season 9), Louise's exit hit me the hardest, because they never really explained her exit and her scenes in "Dead Doll" were minimal, at best. I think one of the things that is different now is you have the forensics show back, which was what was lacking during Season 7 (which was more on the mythology of the MCSK leading up to the revelation of the Grissom/Sara romance to the team) and Season 8, which was centered around mobs and Warrick's drug addiction. We haven't had a genuine forensics episode since before "Grave Danger" in my opinion. Not to say that the episodes weren't good, because there were many good episodes in between Seasons 6-8 (and some very not so good).

One of the big changes now also is Grissom's science experiments, which I really don't see Langston doing to the level that Grissom did. One of my favorites was in "Down the Drain" when Grissom was working with the dead pigs and sticking them in different types of concoctions (including Greg's own urine and number 2 :lol: ). That really showed the kind of person Grissom was--a man loyal to the science. With Langston, he's just a newbie (but judging by the timeline in "Miscarriage of Justice", he's been on the job several months now). He knows criminals, yes, but does he know the science?

15. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I miss Sofia too, but we most likely will never see her again if the NCIS spin-off gets picked up. Grissom's experiments are another thing I miss.