Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

The mod doesn't enjoy coming in here every few posts either but this board does have rules (Shipper Central has additional rules also) and they need to be followed. Feel free to express your opinions (we encourage that) in here about your ship but you cannot vent about other threads or posters. It's great that you have somewhere that can be done. You are perfectly welcome to vent about things ON the show or in articles wherever they are. Also, I had to edit out that youtube link because the page was full of videos and shipper videos must be posted in the Video thread at the top of the page.

Thanks

Also, please remember to use spoiler codes for ANYTHING that hasn't aired yet. This includes the spoiler code title. They should be regarded as ex. 7.16, or anything other than what the episode is about. For example...say if Eric was getting fired, you wouldn't use 'eric fired' as your title.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. anamarya

anamarya Witness

o... this is becoming a habit in itself... i wake up and stay in from of my PC for at least one hour reading what you guys wrote over the night (my night). nice way to start the day....
    i'm not doing the multi-quote thing because then my post will end up being too long so:

i pretty much agree with all of you on the timeline and i DO believe that nothing romantic happened after "All In". it was more into their own minds making them think about everything. that episode was one of that "life altering" events for both of them, just like "Man Down" or "Smoke get's into your CSI's". in my opinion her coments and her demand were not out of the blue and they make sense. when you put on the take al least 7 years of friendship and camaraderie you can not jump into something romantic just to blow out some steam, you have to be sure that you have somethig serious going on. so in this i'm pretty much with Adam.
    concerning the scene from 7x16... it has to be a longer scene... we have her waiting, he coming out of the detencion center, the hug, the kiss, the talk, the other hug so it can not be a short one... maybe it will be splited in 2 or so with hints of the rest of the team, or H in between.
    about the fact that they as a couple are different from the other TV show couples I have to agree also. the only one that i saw (and I'm a TV series addict) that had so much history in what was bassically a drama show, not a family or romantic show were MAc and Harm in JAG. But Cal and Eric are so better because they DO became cannon during the series not in the last scene.

first: thanks Delkolover

even if they cut that scene is nice to know tht the writters are exploring that kind of things. it would be soo cute.... Immean, Eric being Eric has to dream, and Cal being Cal has to be with the feet on the ground and thinking about the practical site.

3. csiawsome

csiawsome Victim

I think that with the kiss, and when you look at the body picture compared to the promo, they are in total different angles, so I think that they might kiss for on;y about ten seconds, break apart, smile (deciding that they really like it) and start kissing some more! I would not mind that hapening!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  4. csiawsome

csiawsome Victim

I think that his will be totally awesome. When I first saw it, I was down in my room all alone, so I could scream! I threw my laptop on the ground and ran upstairs!

Oh, and btw, I'm csiawsome on FanFiction!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

That's a possibility. Something I'd like to see, actually! But hey, when you talk about something that hasn't yet aired in an episode, you have to put spoiler tags around it. Just letting you know before the mods notice.

I think that maybe the pic in the magazine was taken from a shot that they didn't use in the episode. I'm guessing E/C kiss once.... because I don't dare to dream too big. But like I said, it's a possibility!

[[edit]] Ah, alright, you got the spoiler tag thing. Groovy!

6. csiawsome

csiawsome Victim

Really? :lol: That would be so cool!

That was supposed to be a esponce to something, how come nothing showed up? I cannot see who I replied to. And Is there a rule about the whole "three lines":confused: thing?

7. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

There is indeed a three-lines of on-topic discussion rule here. If a mod doesn't remind you to stick to it, I will. This is a place to discuss our ship and not to squee or simply agree with someone else. Either you have something to say and you elaborate why you feel that specific way or you don't and then you wait until you actually HAVE something to say. Please everyone, stick to this. Some among you have not respected this rule in recent posts, try to in the future :)

I have to agree with most of you about saying that All In probably was the first step to get closer but definitely not the moment where they started anything serious. I for one could picture him taking her home and cook something while she was showering. He was there when she needed not to be alone after the ordeal of the day. I think she appreciated that and maybe that got her thinking about what she really wanted in life. But now to the other thing Emily said about Cal panicking because of this very reason (you know, really having someone who is there), she tends to be a gal who relies on herself in hard times. She has been used not to ask for help and support because I doubt she got a lot of that during her childhood. I also wonder how she will handle having Eric there. Will she try to escape and need some distance at time? Will she embrace the fact that she doesn't need to carry a burden by herself? I think she doesn't like to be crowded so she might have problems to adjust to the new situation. But on the other hand Eric knows her inside out and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to handle the situation well. He has stayed on the side until he was sure she was willing to go the next step. I doubt he'll force her to do anything she is not ready for. Damn am I excited to see how this will all pan out :lol:

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

csiawsome
    , welcome to the Hiphuggers land. I hope you have a great time with us.

Yeah, you have to have at least 3 lines of on topic posting per post. You also shouldn't double post, you have 24 hours to edit your previous post, so if your post is the last one in the thread and you want to say something more you should edit it, not post again. ;)

Anyway, back on topic!

That is so cute. Eric daydreaming? Remember when we thought that he is going to daydream about marrying Calleigh in 6.14? I think that that was the moment her realized that she was the one he wanted to marry. He was in love with her before, IMO, but I think that at that moment he realized the depth of his emotions.

Back on 7.18... I can so imagine Calleigh saying that she wouldn't fly first class... That is so her. And it is so Eric like to daydream about hands holding in the first class. I can't wait to see his face, though. It's going to be so adorable. :adore:

Our baby thread has a name! And our baby is not baby anymore. It's growing up really fast... Raise your hand if you think that we'll have a new thread in less than 10 days.

*raises hand*

9. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Welcome to the thread csiawsome I hope you have fun here with us!

I am so Excited about monday I know that that will be having a murder and all, but I wish for once they would give E/C the last 10 Min. of the show and let them do their thing! Lol! I know I have a hopefull imagination, but I think if the whole show was just about them that I still wouldn't get enough!

Has anybody got any new fanfics yet? I would like to read them if you do! please let me know! I have just about read all the good ones!

If anyone has anything they want posted on the other Hiphuggers pages please let me know! I will be glad to post it for you!:)

10. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

It's way more than a casual fling..They have been so close for what 7 years and now finally... they're almost like "real life love thing" than just you know tv love because most of the time on tv people hook up then break up the next day.. Their relationship is like genuine and unique and Im pretty sure it'll last ;)

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

While I appreciate fellow posters reminding everyone of the rules, I must ask that it be brought down a notch. We don't want to scare new posters away from the thread or board. Please feel free to link them to the rules and kindly mention the three line rule. Moderators are here to see that the rules are being followed but when fellow posters get a bit rude about the rules, it can cause problems (Notify Mod alerts, PMs) so everybody needs to be nice when reminding fellow posters of the rules.

Thanks

12. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Well, after reading some posts, I had thoughts

I try to remember any times when Eric and Calleigh had to argue about their work … And I cannot, may be one or two times in 7 years. So why would they do that, being in relationships? They are criminalists; they process proofs, being based on scientific findings.

And still … Before we began to live together with my b/f, he was my good friend during 10 years. When we have decided to be together, we made use our former experience with other people.

That is way I don’t see the reasons for a possible drama in Eric/ Cal relationships. I don’t see the reasons for break when adult people, good friends, having considered all consequences of their actions decide to be together. They know all lacks each other. Over the left, it’s easier for them to build great relations, especially when the period of accustoming to intimate things end.

And knowing writers of this show, I wish, that they’ll leave this pair alone in the further, let us to know, that they are still together (one phrase, one gesture in an episode - OK), and let other characters to have their screen time - for our Hiphugger blessing.

Sorry, I don't know, did I make any sense?

13. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

You make perfect sense :)

I agree with you. I so far don't see any reason for real drama between the two of them. They know each other very well and they understand how the other reacts. I mean they might disagree on certain aspects of their relationship (who doesn't from time to time), but I think they will be able to solve the issue very easily. It's like Adam said, they are friends first and they won't throw everything to the wind at the first hiccup if one should occur. Without expecting much drama from it, I see Calleigh adjusting to have a boyfriend who is really present as the only hurdle at the moment. That said I am certain she will learn to love it if she doesn't already :lol: Then of course there is the issue of seeing each other a little too much (not that I would mind)... I mean they work together 10 hours a day, then they see each other home... That's a lot.

I'm sorry if I wasn't nice while reminding everyone about the 3-liners :( I just want the thread to be clean and not to hear the regular 'your thread is moving too fast'. Yeah well there are over 50 of us here. It's bound to move faster than a thread with only 4 active fans.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You know one of the things I really love about them is the way they just can't stay mad at each other. They have had their differences in the past but they've dealt with them and moved on. For example in Pro Per when Eric tried to help Cal in dealing with the suspect/lawyer and she thought he was undermining her. The next scene they were together Eric was not at all bitter about her getting mad because he tried to help. He actually smiled and joked about it. She quickly apologized and that was that.

In Whacked Eric was mad because Speed's evidence was being questioned and with Cal saying she trusted him with every fiber of her being and that he knew that, he quickly calmed down and they kept on working.

In Deep Freeze last season Cal got mad at him cause she thought he had ratted her out about whatshisname. He explained it was an accident and they had their little "argument". Later, he brought up the subject to know if she was still mad and she said she wasn't, and that she knew eventually Stetler would've found it. So she didn't torture him because he had a slip up with the information.

This season they also had a difference of opinion in the case with the cop who ended up killing the girl (sorry can't remember the episode's name :alienblush:). Eric suspected him, Cal didn't and Eric turned out to be right. It didn't cause this big scandal between them, they just had different opinions.

So I think this will definitely help them out in their relationship. They can talk things out, listen to each other and not hold a grudge. Also, they know they will not agree 100% of the time and, even more important, that they don't have to agree 100% of the time.

I'm sorry if I got any episode name mixed up :alienblush:.

15. anamarya

anamarya Witness

yes, you made perfect sense

i will also like to see from time to time a litle think, like a reminder of the fact that they are still together... like i don't know: coming to a crime scene from home with the same car, discussing the case on a lunch break while having lunch together, little things...
    and the nice thing about good romantic relationships that come from friendships is that basically except special cases they remain first and last friends and they can relate as friends even when they disagree like a couple. another thing that i was thinking about is the fact that in a very strange way E/C getting together might help the team to get the dinamic back. i'm saying this because usually when one of the had a relationship problem in the past they went to each other, now they have to go to somebody else. they being they... meaning work obssesed they can go only to people that they work with. folowing this line i imagine one of them, even both of them going to complain, vent, even ask for advise to Natalia, even Ryan so we would see more interaction.

ok, now i don't know if i made any sense:devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.