Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows ~ *NO SPOILERS*

I finished the book yesterday. I read nonstop since I got the book. I was 3rd in line at Walmart to get the book at midnight. It took me 16 houurs and 54 minutes to read the entire book. I was so surprised by the ending. I loved the book very much. It is my favorite book. I am going to go back and read the books in order now. When I finished the book at 5 yesterday, I went upstairs to my bed and I fell asleep with the same clothes on and everything including my shoes, for 5 hours.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^She'll avada kedabra you !!! :p

Well,I didn't like it as much as you.My first mistake was looking how many chapters there were and I read the epilogue title,from that moment I knew they were going to end with their kids going to Hogwarts and all that happy ending :rolleyes:.And how about Dumbledore,he used Snape badly,grrrr...,then LV killed SS and HP discovered he wasn't that bad,I saw that coming from the very first book,I expected something more original...

3. athlov

athlov Guest

Wow! My head is spinning with details. I want to talk about little things that they left out of the 5th movie (that were in the book and had an impact on the seventh), the deaths, the clues, my previous theories compared to the book...

Man, my head is still reeling.

I agree about the last chapter being not so great. I wanted to know so much more. I wanted to know about the rest of the characters, and about what Harry, Ron, and Hermione do. I bet she could write a small novel about all I still want to know. :p

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I bought my book today but Im saving it for the vacation which is in 2weeks. I left it at my parents otherwise I would be reading it right now and would be kinda bored at the beach :)

5. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

I LOVED THE BOOK! but it's so sad, it's over....

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

ahahhaahaha i laughed so hard!

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

7. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I've received an email contain the seventh book. :lol: I sent it to my friend who has the book and he said it is really the same. I received that email i think a week before the release. I still dont' have the book but I am not planning on readin the one I got from my email.

I want to know the last book, throught the book of course not through an -- email. :)

8. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

AwI just went into the spoiler thread by accident... gosh I'm so excited, it's so thrilling right now... and I won't be able to read till evening... :eek:

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i am 50 pages from the end but had to stop for lunch before i go volunteering. it will be 5 more hours til i can continue reading and it is killing me!!! heres a tip for anyone else reading: dont put it down with only 50 pages left! gah, i just want to know the end!

so far its incredible and ive been scared of the internet because i dont want to know the end! :lol:

10. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I'm not going to spoil anyone, but that was the best book I have ever read, ever, and I've read a hell of a lot of books. Wow. :eek: I want more, I really do, but I'll have to wait for the movies. You won't be disapointed, because it's just incredible. I started in Sunday morning and finsihed it last night, but on Sunday I had to put it down for some softball games- I wanted to take it into the dugout. :lol:

For those who haven't read all of the books: pick them up, read them, because you want to know what's going on. It's incredible. Beyond words. JK Rowling, you are pure genius and I could just kiss you right now. (As well as the characters) Neville Longbottom is my hero. :p

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Right now I'm seriously in love with Dumbledore. I always liked him but the fact that he's gonna die in the next movie makes me sad. I'm re-reading the 6th book, Dumbledore rocks.
    I'm saying this without knowing what happens in the last book. There's only the English version in the stores here in Hungary, looks like I have to wait until February to read it in Hungarian.

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Why not just read it in English?
    Re-reading the rest of the series now I have a higher respect for snape =)
    I wasn't a fan of the epilougue though...

13. SunsetBoulevard

^Finally I bought it in English but I didn't read more than 300 pages, then I bought it in Hungarian. I found those first 300 pages totally boring, but then I just couldn't wait to see what happens. Actually, I thought that Dumbledore would eventually come back.
    Somehow I'm still not a fan of Snape, though he was really brave through the entire story.

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ I see what you mean, for me you could kinda tell that snape was 'evil' so to speak by nature and the only thing grounding him to the good half of things was lily...it explained alot for me I guess but it didn't really change anything. In the end all the relationships worked out pretty well though =)) so I'm happy for that .

P.S. I am totally jealous of you Hungarian is the coolest language ever !! :lol:

15. SunsetBoulevard

I read what you posted in one of the threads. I didn't even know there would be TWO parts of the 6th movie. Gah, that sucks big time! I mean, yeah, it's a long book, but they could do it in one movie, like they did it with The Lord of the Rings. That was also super long (at least the Return Of The King lasts like 3 hours, I remember I had to pee so badly in the cinema! :lol: )
    They shouldn't tear the story into two.