"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. DaveR

DaveR Victim

You won't be, after the next episode of....CSI.

Dave

2. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Wow this is a real hard board to write on. I feel so sorry for the mods. Maybe it's because I haven't been here that long but just wow. I'm like really afraid to have a G, a S or an R any where near each other for fear that I will be tar and feathered for actually bringing up that dreaded relationship.

That being said, I loved the episode. I thought 19 Down/One To Go was a great send off for Grissom who, whether everyone likes it or not, helmed CSI:LV for 8 1/2 years. Haskill was an excellent adversary for Grissom's last stand and I like how they introduced Langston. I think it's going to be nice to learn things through his eyes.

I liked how Grissom was able to have moments with so many. Even the little exchange with Ecklie was really telling of the fact that Grissom and Ecklie have never understood each other.

And I loved the ending because no one can live their life just filled with science and bugs. There comes a point in everyone's life where you have to make that decision about what is important to you and what you want to accomplish next in your journey. For me, the fact that he went to Sara was just icing on the cake(that wasn't in the breakroom)...

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

I'm not sure I loved the ending, because I wasn't hugely pro-GSR, but I did find it a satisfying "closing of the circle," so to speak. Also, I've read a few comments complaining about the "awkwardness" of the kiss between Grissom and Sara. There's a part of me that actually likes the fact that their kiss was slightly awkward. There was always this "geek love" aspect to their relationship, and so even their reunion has a sweetly geeky quality to it. Things that are good aren't always perfect, and often it's the imperfections that make them so endearing.

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I think it was a good episode for LF. He acted quite well and it looks as if the characters are getting used to him.

I loved the fact that it was a group effort to solve the crime. Every person was involved in some way.

I also liked the fact that, as many of you have said, that he took the time to look at the program from Warrick's funeral to remember his fallen friend. I think it was great for his exit episode.

As far as the lone walk down the lab, I think it was sweet of him to take one final glance at all of his "students". Nine years is a long time to be working with someone side by side.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

So true..realistically how many kisses are done with perfect precision?

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Very well said.
    I thought holding the camera made it seem a little awkward at first. But I prefer that to having her drop the camera and run to him; that would have been too much. I thought it was perfect the way it was, in its own slightly imperfect way, just like their relationship.

I really enjoyed the scene with Ecklie. He needed to have a last scene with Grissom and it couldn't be sentimental like the others. It was a typical Grissom/Eckie scene. And I think it was the only humorous scene in the show. I hope they use his character more; I'd like to see him and Catherine butt heads a few times. My money's on Catherine. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  7. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

That was a great episode! I loved the ending. I know, I'm a romantic sap, deal with it! It just seems like you don't get those romantic happy endings as much anymore. I liked ending on a good note. I also liked Grissom's last walk through. It was like he was seeing what he had built or done in a way. Many that Thomas was really creepy as were the other killers. I'm glad they cracked that case. I'm looking forward to more from Dr. Langston. It sounds like he could be fun to know. All those final moments were great also. It was like they did a good job of ending things or giving closure. No reference to the episode.

8. trigger_lady_13

trigger_lady_13 Civilian

:devil: Well from reading all previous posts I agree this is a very hostile bunch! What's the deal with everyone attacking desertwind for her e-mail???? A bit jealous that it wasn't any of you who got a response regardless of whom it was from??? Now with that off my chest I can move on to the episode... :evil:

I loved his interaction with all of his team, I am sad to see him go CSI to me just won't be the same with out WP. I was somewhat shocked that he had to track Sara by GPS to the jungles of Costa Rica but I'm glad they are together doing what they both love. EACH OTHER:drool:

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Uh, I've gotten two e-mails from Rambo regarding Nick, so there's no jealousy here. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Let me see if I can guess the answers correctly:
    1. The email response from Rambo had no business being in this thread because, as Rambo himself stated, he didn't write the episode. Add the fact that DW was giving HER opinion to Rambo that he was on top of the polls that weren't even concluded yet.
    2. The attacks may also be contributed to the fact that EVERY post that desertwind ever posts anywhere on these boards always includes some mention of GSR - and the majority of people on the board have become annoyed with it.

Moving on...
    Grissom's final walk-through of the lab intrigued me a bit - in reference to whom they had together in each lab:
    - Doc & Riley going over evidence. In the few episodes she's been in so far, they've already built up a nice rapport with those two. Also, we don't see Doc in the lab very much.
    - Wendy & Hodges in the DNA lab. We know TPTB have slowly been trying to pair these up.
    - Who was it in the one lab? Henry, Super Dave, and Archie? We don't see Super Dave in the lab very often.
    - Nick & Greg in the garage processing a car. The two 'brothers' working side by side.
    - Cath & Brass in the breakroom. That's so fitting that they were the last two for Grissom to watch before he left. They were the two that dared to give him advice and prodding throughout the years, and never seemed afraid of talking back to him.

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I thought we moved on from this?!?!:wtf:

Anyways, after cooling down I've realized that the lip-lock, make out scene didn't ruin the entire episode, but a big chunk of it at least.

I'm just glad that Grissom got some sort of respectful exit. It was well acted by WP and the wink from Cath at the end was so sweet!:)

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, the ACTUAL voting hasn't even taken place yet, so him winning is a little premature. Those were just nominations.

Ok, so that final walkthrough, really is making me cry. That music they're playing really doesn't help (hmmm, wonder if I can find out what song is that, must do some research). I am really going to miss Grissom, he was definitely a unique character. Though I'm looking forward to Langston too. Still not really liking Riley, but we'll see.

Of course, I'll keep watching, because I do love the forensic part of it and Nick is still there.

ETA: Kaylyne that wasn't Greg working in the garage with Nick. He was in a different part of the lab and was one of the first people Grissom looked at.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I have been looking for the music EVERYWHERE! I must have it! Totally graceful and classy! I loved it. It made the walk that much better IMO.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Was Nick working alone then? I can't remember as I haven't watched that part of the scene since it aired. (I only focused on the Brass/Cath/Grissom part!)

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

He was working with some random fellow I can't remember who. I know it wasn't Greg though.